1. 1. Next DCS (European) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

• Alpha Jet
    • Eurofighter Typhoon
    • Harrier
    • Dassault Rafale
    • English Electric Lightning
    • Tornado
    • F 104 Starfighter
    • The Saab Family - Draken. Gripen, Lansen, Viggen... (Post specific)
    • The Mirage Family - M4000, F-1, III, IV... (Post Specific)
    • Other - write below

The challenge with a lot of British aircraft is the UK MOD is notoriously tight lipped when it comes to their aircraft.

I would love a Tornado in DCS, but given the age, the best we could hope for would be a GR1.

Britain isn't the only operator of the Tornado ;)

But yeah, I don't expect us to get a GR.4 or ASSTA 3 Tornado. I would be more than happy with the original IDS/GR.1 variant.

The thought of low level, NOE strikes on runways with JP233's makes me all warm and tingly inside.

I prefer the MW-1 to do that :D

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The challenge with a lot of British aircraft is the UK MOD is notoriously tight lipped when it comes to their aircraft.

I would love a Tornado in DCS, but given the age, the best we could hope for would be a GR1.

The thought of low level, NOE strikes on runways with JP233's makes me all warm and tingly inside.

Yep, that's why my list is pretty much all before 1990. And near enough all the aircraft on the list are retired aircraft

I'd be perfectly satisfied with an early IDS variant such as the Gr.1 or Gr.1A

For me it would be great if we could also get an ADV variant - such as the F.2 even if they weren't that big of an improvement over the Phantoms they replaced. However I would prioritise an IDS variant vs an ADV variant

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

I voted "Other" .... Avro Vulcan B.2. (Human flown)

Mentioned in an earlier post also, bringing the Vulcan into the Virtual life of DCS ticks many boxes including ...

- Provides something significantly different from existing rotar and fixed wing modules

- For DCS multiplayer, it expands pilot roles and opportunity for more dynamic campaigns

- It immortalises this warplane into the virtual world (I'm aware of FSX versions)

S!

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

it seems the aircraft from this list that happens to second most votes will eventually become a reality in DCS :smartass:

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

• 1 month later...

As with the vote, I prioritize an AG Tornado, then EF2K.

...I'd be perfectly satisfied with an early IDS variant such as the Gr.1 or Gr.1A

For me it would be great if we could also get an ADV variant - such as the F.2 even if they weren't that big of an improvement over the Phantoms they replaced. However I would prioritise an IDS variant vs an ADV variant

Agree also that I'm not expecting anything more recent like a GR.4 Tornado. but would also be 'tingly' just with the original IDS/GR.1 variant (AG).

That would be higher on my list than the Typhoon, which was also a beauty, and I will buy that right afterwards too .

The best sims IMHO, before ED's, were Spectrum Holobyte's Falcon versions and then Digital Integration's Tornado, then DiD's EF2000 (a bit gamey, but capable). I'm not sure how ED would simulate the Tornado's 2nd seat's actions, but it 'worked' for me in the DI sim.