F-15 in VR, key binding

I have it sorted into

HUD control.

Nav, ILS, BVR, next/prev waypoint/airfield

(worth a hat switch imo)

Radar control.

Primary (ie, needs to be right at hand): TWS/RWS, boresight, VACQ, on/off

Secondary (ie, OK to use a modifier): PRF, azimuth ("predicted target range"), cannon mode

Axis: elevation

Joystick:

primary: undesignate/RTS, cycle weapon

secondary: trim, jettison fuel, NWS range

TDC:

primary: range, azimuth slew, TDC designate (in other words, know that you can adjust range and slew by moving the TDC cursor around)

secondary: TWS undesignate

ECM.

ECM, chaff, flare

Comm switch:

comm 1 and 2: reserved for SRS

comm menu / voice attack

receive mode

Gaming mouse (I'm in VR so I need something I can operate by feel. A $10 USB keypad works just as well):

Throttle overlay

Kneeboard (show, page up, page down, mark)

Chat window

SRS (overlay, channel up)

comm menu

Base:

power, canopy, rt engine on/off, lt engine on/off, cycle HUD, panel lights, exterior lights, landing lights, F10 map view (I use that a LOT), F1 cockpit view. I expect you'll want to map flaps and gear to your base switch also.

I personally find autopilot and a/a refueling of little interest, ymmv

PRF has been moving up the ranks, there's an argument says it's a primary function. I use it a lot and found a button for it. You don't use cannon very often, but when you need it you need it fast so don't forget where you put it. Very handy to have VR zoom available to your left hand, if you're a VR sorta guy.

So, all I use the keyboard for is the ESC menu and cycling through units basically.

Edited by DeltaMike

Ryzen 5600X (stock), GBX570, 32Gb RAM, AMD 6900XT (reference), G2, WInwing Orion HOTAS, T-flight rudder