Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

Server's back up.

Sorry, Windows was downloading some updates without my knowledge. I thought I had the automatic updating option off. My bad.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Phone Booth is as fun as ever. It's perfectly judged in terms of size and pace. I only wish we had some Su-17s or MiG-23s to play with, that could've made ground pounding for REDFOR so much more fun. :(

EDIT: @Alpenwolf, do you have any plans regarding the introduction of the MiG-23 once that's released? I'm wondering how that will affect the balance of the game before the F-4 is released (and that's years away). The F-8 is unlikely to address that concern.

Edited by _Firefly

DCS module wishlist: F-104S ASA-M Starfighter / F-111F Aardvark / F-4E Phantom II / J 35F2 Draken / J-7M AirGuard / Kfir C.2 / MiG-17F / MiG-21 Bison / Mirage F1 / Su-17M4 / Su-24M / Yak-9U

Phone Booth is as fun as ever. It's perfectly judged in terms of size and pace. I only wish we had some Su-17s or MiG-23s to play with, that could've made ground pounding for REDFOR so much more fun. :(

EDIT: @Alpenwolf, do you have any plans regarding the introduction of the MiG-23 once that's released? I'm wondering how that will affect the balance of the game before the F-4 is released (and that's years away). The F-8 is unlikely to address that concern.

I've said that long time ago, yes. The MiG-23 and the F-4 will be included. Especially in missions with mountains and hills around for lesser fighters to hide around. Both planes will be in limited numbers; 4-6 slots, no more, unless I design a mission or two where having 8 slots is ok. But that's in years to come.

As for the Su-17... well...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220572

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Oh I know that thread. ;) The funny thing is, with the Su-22M4 still in service with the Polish Air Force (despite the type being considered obsolete) information should be relatively easy to come by, even for a 3rd party developer. I still don't get why no-one has picked it up yet. This would've been a day one purchase for me.

As for the Flogger, I presume you're going to limit it to R-60s and R-23s, at least initially?

DCS module wishlist: F-104S ASA-M Starfighter / F-111F Aardvark / F-4E Phantom II / J 35F2 Draken / J-7M AirGuard / Kfir C.2 / MiG-17F / MiG-21 Bison / Mirage F1 / Su-17M4 / Su-24M / Yak-9U

... As for the Flogger, I presume you're going to limit it to R-60s and R-23s, at least initially?

Yeah, probably, until the F-4 arrives.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Blue always outnumbers Red to the point of unplayability whenever I am on the server. I remember years ago people would swap to the other side if there was a too bad of an unbalance but that gallantry seems to have died away now.

Blue always outnumbers Red to the point of unplayability whenever I am on the server. I remember years ago people would swap to the other side if there was a too bad of an unbalance but that gallantry seems to have died away now.

As a REDFOR player, I don't mind being outnumbered that much, unless of course there's enough enemy aircraft to swarm you every time you get on someone's tail (or attempt to). My only issue is when BLUFOR has enough planes to completely saturate the air defences around the Red base's perimeter and thus attack the airfield with impunity. Few things in DCS are as frustrating as trying to navigate a bombed-out runway while being strafed.

Blue always outnumbers Red to the point of unplayability whenever I am on the server.

Then you should log on at a different time.

Such as when I'm online!!

3D5E824D6278EA0084CBE7CBD1A36CCFD08C3F53

I remember years ago people would swap to the other side if there was a too bad of an unbalance but that gallantry seems to have died away now.

Switching sides is non-trivial.

a) you need to own an appropriate module (this is not one of those games where you get a nice set of aircraft for both sides)

b) you need to have learned how to fly it (systems, key-bindings, technique, procedures, etc.)

For these and other reasons, people are a lot more dedicated to their chosen DCS airframe. I would suggest that "gallantry" has little to do with it.

Switching sides is non-trivial.

a) you need to own an appropriate module (this is not one of those games where you get a nice set of aircraft for both sides)

b) you need to have learned how to fly it (systems, key-bindings, technique, procedures, etc.)

For these and other reasons, people are a lot more dedicated to their chosen DCS airframe. I would suggest that "gallantry" has little to do with it.

Yup. The only relevant air-frame I have is the Viggen.

I'm not spending $40 and another 15 to 20 hours learning another aircraft just so someone else has someone to play against.

It has nothing to do with "Gallantry"....

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

After the MiG-19's release we had balanced teams for most of the time. sometimes even more players on the Red side. The MiG-19's hype however, seems to have died away quickly. Is it because of the FM that is still being polished as we know? Players are unsatified or something? Not sure what happened there.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

After the MiG-19's release we had balanced teams for most of the time. sometimes even more players on the Red side. The MiG-19's hype however, seems to have died away quickly. Is it because of the FM that is still being polished as we know? Players are unsatified or something? Not sure what happened there.

For my squadron, that is exactly what has occurred with the -19. Looking forward to a more playable -19.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB double-sided

5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

For my squadron, that is exactly what has occurred with the -19. Looking forward to a more playable -19.

seems quite good by now with the -19

:pilotfly:

Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pedals, Oculus Rift

:joystick:

I would if the red side had any planes that interested me...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

I think everyone just wanted to try it out. Once they'd seen what it could do, what its strengths and limitations were, what its quality was, the ones who prefered the fishbed went back to that and those who could make it work kept flying the farmer.

It's a shame not that many people fly it. The farmer is a really fun opponent!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

The mission Command & Conquer has been updated:

- The number of the available APC's has been reduced from 40 to 20.

- The position of the APC's has been moved up closer to one another to shorten the distance of travel.

- Mission time is now 5 hours instead of 6 hours.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Looks like the server is down again.

After the MiG-19's release we had balanced teams for most of the time. sometimes even more players on the Red side. The MiG-19's hype however, seems to have died away quickly.

Don't worry. The MiG-23 hype will sort this out. :smilewink:

Looks like the server is down again.

Looks like the mission Swedish Delivery caused a bug and had the server crashing. Mission fixed now, hope it doesn't crash the server this time.

Thanks for replying!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments