Nice addition - but... adversaries ? - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-12-2019, 09:31 AM   #11
xvii-Dietrich

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjacobsen View Post
It´s nice to see na I-16 in DCS, but there is no suitable advesaries.
The high-fidelity nature of DCS means (amongst many other things) that the developers really must have a passion for the aircraft to give it the level of attention needed to bring it to fruition. This in turn results in a collection of those aircraft that appeal to the developers and that can get financed. It is inevitable that there will be some "outliers" which don't form part of a set to the minds of certain players.

Then, the community has been asking for the Eastern Front for a long time. The first aircraft for that theatre is, by definition, going to be without an adversary.

Many other aircraft in DCS are without adversaries (or at least were, when they first came out). The first DCS warbird, obviously, was one.

Not every aircraft needs to have an adversary to make it an enjoyable model. Yak-52 for example.

With that all said, it strikes me that in the meantime, the best adversary for the I-16 is... another I-16. With the skins implemented, we have:

• Finland vs Soviet Union
  • Nationalist Spain vs Republican Spain

and, hopefully one day...

Quote:
So in DCS is not alot of dogfighting to do with an I-16 other than present Yourself as a target - {...}

That's not what the Cristen Eagle II pilots are saying about the I-16.
xvii-Dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 09:43 AM   #12
fjacobsen

I´m not saying that the I-16 won´t be fun - I actually really consider buying it.

But it´s going to live in an empty world for quite some time I guess, other than attacking ground targets.
Offcourse the BF-109K and FW-190-D9 can be used, but historically seen I doubt they ever met and You must be a machocist to fight with them.

I´m not asking for a fully simulated adversary, but just a simple AI BF-109E or maybe even better - a Brewster Buffalo F2A (Finnish vs Soviet).
Old 05-13-2019, 03:54 AM   #13
Rolds

Historical match ups aside, I've found it a lot of fun to fly I16's vs one another, and I16's vs spitfires (historical accuracy be damned).
Rolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 02:24 PM   #14
Ala13_ManOWar

Quote:
But it´s going to live in an empty world for quite some time I guess, other than attacking ground targets.
So as P-51 was at first, released in 2012 as a proof of concept and now there are suited adversaries and more to come.

S!
Old 05-13-2019, 02:28 PM   #15
Mr_sukebe

In the short term, we could really do with AI early 109s, stukas, me109s and similar.
Old 05-13-2019, 03:28 PM   #16
Hunter Joker

War is unfair...
War is asymmetric
War is War....
How many conflict do You know that was perfectly balanced?
Sure we need some historic opponent for I-16 (as for the other warbirds...) but as someone stated these opponent will be in every case more advanced...
But this is a simulator and must simulate the real things...so even when they will bring some real historic opponent to the I-16 there will be some "gamer" players that will complain about balance....my 2 cents is...don't play it...use other "uberkiller" planes and have fun...
For the others, the simmers that enjoy also unfair game but realistic...the I-16 (and the others) will be a viable solutions to simulate real war conflict and will enjoy it.
Hunter Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 05:10 PM   #17
Balzarog

Location: The Democratic People's Republic of Massachusetts, U.S.A.

Quote:
I´m not saying that the I-16 won´t be fun - I actually really consider buying it.

Offcourse the BF-109K and FW-190-D9 can be used, but historically seen I doubt they ever met and You must be a machocist to fight with them.

I´m not asking for a fully simulated adversary, but just a simple AI BF-109E or maybe even better - a Brewster Buffalo F2A (Finnish vs Soviet).
The Developer has already included a number of skins for the I-16; Spanish Nationalist, Spanish Republican, Finnish, and I think some others. Just do quick missions or create missions with the historic adversaries. Now you have adversaries. They don’t have to be existing German aircraft!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 3.7 Ghz CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift C2.
Balzarog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 05:19 PM   #18
LeCuvier

Fairness is not part of the military vocabulary. Everybody tries to get an "unfair advantage" and that's what drives the rapid innovation in military technology.
When the Ratas showed up in Spanish skies they beat the hell out of the German fighters of Legion Condor. When the Messerschmidt came to Spain they reversed the situation.
But in DCS World you have the benefit of rather dumb AI pilots and that's where you can be successful even with the I-16 against the Bf-109K. I have flown the "Dogfight" mission in Instant Action a few times, and I have killed the Bf-109 every time.
Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5
LeCuvier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 05:32 PM   #19
pepin1234

As Told before. All the WW2 modules including maps, are an authentic disaster in term of investment and lost. Not even 3 servers with 5 players... Who care about WW2 when Yak and La are missed. Who care...? They shut down the best of the Luftwaffe...

So after see how The fighter Collection company only invest in western aircraft (here there are not excuses) then we get a 3Th party independent taking his time to put on sale the oldest technology for Red Side...

If The fighter Collection doesn’t show interest then how long we must wait and see 3 WW2 servers only with no more than 10 players. ED... who is ED?
Old 05-14-2019, 10:24 AM   #20
Cunctator

I never really understood why they didn'T continue to expand the Korean War plane set after they already had the late P-51, MiG-15 and F-86. The conflict would have been a great platform to 9ntroduce the finest, and most popular, piston engine fighters from East and West. Even Luthier and his team once worked on a later abandoned Korea sim some time before the WW2 Kickstarter.

Now they should try to stich together everything with as few pieces as possible. Thus a Bf-109E, especially if we will indeed get a strait of Dover map, or A6M (China, opponent for upcoming F4U) for example.
Cunctator is offline   Reply With Quote