Full 8min align, quick option in special tab?

CoBlue

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many servers do not have hot start slots. 8 mins is a long time. Especially on the pvp servers where it’s easy to get shot down.

I hope they include the option for pre-aligned like the mirage and the harrier has.

While I understand the sentiment that 8 minutes is a long time to align, I think given

People the crutch of pre-aligned feeds the "air-quake" mentality that is seen far too much these days.

If you're going to fly smart with the mission in mind, you may be doing a CAP for an hour or more, so 8 minutes isn't that long and it goes towards making you want to stay alive more. Don't be in a rush to put yourself into a position to get shot down.

Edited by Nosferatu[whisky 1-1]

"Chops"

8 minutes for full alignment is not so bad. Considering how some servers have empty birds to prevent people from getting in the air too quickly and how popular the F14 is bound to be, I'd say it's really not a big deal.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

;3829160']While I understand the sentiment that 8 minutes is a long time to align, I think given

People the crotch of pre-aligned feeds the "air-quake" mentality that is seen far too much these days.

If you're going to fly smart with the mission in mind, you may be doing a CAP for an hour or more, so 8 minutes isn't that long and it goes towards making you want to stay alive more. Don't be in a rush to put yourself into a position to get shot down.

I absolutly agree! +1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

It takes me more than 8 minutes to get airborne in the Viggen. No, alignment is much shorter than that

1) Get in

2) Connect power

3) Power up, engines off

4) Go to F10 map and check situation. Look (and listen) for what mission is needed

5) Pick a loadout

6) Plan mission in F10 map, enter it into the computer

7) Start engines and taxi

Usually I'm 10 minutes down the clock by that point. Get your initial checks done, then do the startup procedure. Plan a mission, load up, and do your last checks, and I can guarantee Jester will be in the back twiddling his virtual thumbs with an aligned INS system. 8 minutes isn't that bad, given all the stuff you could do to prepare (and be prepared).

I don’t like air-quake either. So no one else should be allowed the option. I don’t care if the mission designers can force required alignments so that I can choose to play in “realistic” servers. Everyone should play like me.

Valid request by OP. Who are you to impose your masochistic taste for realism on others?

Isn't that the point of a high fidelity simulator? To simulate real life? If you want quick start/unlimited ammo/easy flight model, I know a great new game that just came out on console/PC.

I'm partially kidding, but not, at the same time. This IS a simulator, after all.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Isn't that the point of a high fidelity simulator? To simulate real life? If you want quick start/unlimited ammo/easy flight model, I know a great new game that just came out on console/PC.

I'm partially kidding, but not, at the same time. This IS a simulator, after all.

Only the sith deal in absolutes!

Kidding aside there are already plenty of compromises to make this GAME fun. Like rearming, repairing, labels, f10 map, externals views. Many of which can be turned on/off. Why is another one a problem. No one is forcing it on anyone. If you want complete realism no one is stopping you from putting on a helmet and bringing a couple of “pee bags”.

To simulate real life?

If that was the case we would all be playing Digital look at the F-14 in a museum simulator (or DLATFiAMS as the pros call it).

Why does anyone care whether or not a pre-aligned state is available? As long as it is a server controlled option (which it AFAIK always is for the aircraft that have it), it does not affect you in any way unless you willingly play on servers that allow it.

ididitguysimadeastonerjoke.png

the way I look at it: I get not everyone wants to sit around waiting for the ins. but when I first found DCS (back when was just the ka 50) it was about learning how to fly the planes and work the systems as would be done in real life. I love learning the systems and doing stuff the right way but Im by no means a "full realism" guy. theres more than a few things I know I dont do by the book for my own convenience

brings me to another point of this that seems to be easily overlooked. so what are the actual pilots doing during the INS alignment? everyone seems to just want to go straight into the fight and not have to set up the plane or think while waiting for the ins you are doing absolutely nothing. if you are doing nothing you are probably doing it wrong or missing something potentially important. my choice would be setting up the waypoints and running various checks or just reviewing the mission or even better, watching the map to get a battlefield picture which could be really important in large scale servers that you would not get just doing a fast align and go.

you are entitled to your request which is fine and I have no issue with that. but there are uses for that time both realistically and practically making it a non issue aside from training/aerobatics is mostly what im saying.

also from what ive seen if the SHA is allowed then the alignment finishes in under 3 mins since at a little under 2 it just jumps up several steps a few times instead of the slow crawl. so we already have a faster align method