New Thrustmaster Gear - Live Tweeting

yeah, and one of Dojo's tweets "just heard a key TM rep say their view of expert hardware is it should have a 10 year life cycle"

would fit that 2020 spot as the Hog released in 2010, so nothing new high end for 4 years going by that

X56 it is! :music_whistling:

Thrustmaster's 3 Biggest failings are:

1.) Failing to aggressively provide drivers when operating systems change. Go to the TM website it will tell you a HOTAS cougar needs no further drivers to work with Windows 10...Now hook a Cougar up to windows 10 and let me know how that works out.

2.) Painfully convoluted repair parts process. I should be able to go to the TM website and search for a diagram of the Stick, throttle or any other peripheral...Find the part number I need and order a replacement part. Period. Having to describe the part via email so the TECH support people can "Look and see if that part is available" is horse hockey.

3.0 Failing to provide add on Stick and throttle combos as implied with the release of the COUGAR AND the WARTHOG. If people can rapid prototype these things in their garages, Thrustmaster should be able to do it a whole lot easier...if they care.

Sierra.

I hear ya. I've lost a LOT of a faith in Thrustmaster over the years. They seem to be an elitist company who can't be bothered to take care of their customers or their products. Even though their pricing is Insane.

I hear ya. I've lost a LOT of a faith in Thrustmaster over the years. They seem to be an elitist company who can't be bothered to take care of their customers or their products. Even though their pricing is Insane.

Again, look at it from the companies perspective. I'm sure they sold a helluva lot more racing wheels etc. for Xbox/PSx. So one could argue they *are* taking care of their customers. Unfortunately for us, it's just not the (high end) flight sim market. Let's hope hegkyc's gimbal/grips and VKB's fill the void.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

• 1 month later...

The new T1600M HOTAS is supposed to be available on Amazon on October 1. My son has been using my old X-52 Pro. If he ever goes back to playing Mech Warrior 4 or playing flight/space sims, I was planning on buying a new X-52 Pro when this one finally dies. But the T1600M appears to be a great alternative.

As I thought, Saitek was in big trouble... Now that Logitech has purchased Saitek from Madcatz, will they start producing the existing devices again? i.e. the rudder pedals? If my old Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals ever fail, they are still the best bang for the buck: wide stance, lasting forever (9 years so far), toe-brakes, and never had to clean or replace a pot. I am tempted to do some of the mods others have done to make the pedals better for helos, but if I screw up I don't see any cost effective replacements. Anything with a comparable price has a narrow stance, anything with a wide stance is heavy duty, custom built with a long lead time and a high price... some don't even have toe brakes!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]