FOV for a 3 monitor set up

Hi everyone.

I have a three monitor set up. Until a few updates back I used to modify the aft camera view angle limit to improve my FOV in the game in each module. I used to do so in saved games>DCS>Config>View>Sever.lua

There I set an ad hoc configuration for each module. The problem is that it is not working anymore. Any of you guys have any clues of how to do it now? I will really appreciate some help. Unfortunately I sent a ticket and somebody from DCS told me to look for the answer in the forums. No luck so far, though...

Find below an example of my sever.lua in saved games

ViewSettings["SpitfireLFMkIX"] = {

Cockpit = {

[1] = {-- player slot 1

CameraViewAngleLimits = {20.0, 148.0},

CockpitLocalPoint = {-1.564, 0.567, 0.0},

CameraAngleRestriction = {false, 90.0, 0.5},

CameraAngleLimits = {200.0, -90.0, 90.0},

EyePoint = {0.050, 0.100, 0.000},

ShoulderSize = 0.250,

Allow360rotation = false,

limits_6DOF = {x = {-0.071, 0.318}, y = {-0.375, 0.077}, z = {-0.155, 0.155}, roll = 90.0},

},

}, -- Cockpit

Chase = {

LocalPoint = {0.0, -0.191, -1.146},

AnglesDefault = {0.0, 0.0},

}, -- Chase

Arcade = {

LocalPoint = {-21.500000,5.618000,0.000000},

AnglesDefault = {0.000000,-8.000000},

}, -- Arcade

}

try here:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C

there is a View.Lua located there?? I have lost track as I used to need to change it but they since set it at 140 which is fine for me now..

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

• 4 weeks later...

How come you dont use custom snapviews? Enable it in your gameplay options.

Hit LCTRL+Pause twice, that will show your FOV.

Use numpad / and * to change your FOV to your desired FOV.

RCTRL+RSHIFT+ numpad / and * to move your view back and forth.

RALT+Numpad 0 to save the snapview (default).

And if you then want to be very accurate with the degrees, jump into your snapview (saved games folder) file and edit the [13] (default view) viewAngle, for the given module.

Thats what I do, and have been doing for ages. I dont edit the server.lua for FOV.

Problem with server.lua is, that if the mission file contains it, it will override yours. Same for multiplayer servers, if they run a server.lua in their mission file. Snapviews are not effected by this.

P.s. On jumping into the plane, you might have to reset the FOV though. Zoom normal. I have that mapped along with zoom in/out slow. I think numpad enter is default key for Zoom normal.

Edited by Knock-Knock

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Thank you Knock-Knock for you help. I have some doubts though. I don't have any third party modules in that SnapViewsDefault.lua. I guess that I have to write the complete code for every single module I have within that file modifiying paragraph [13] by my personal preferences?

Thanks again