GTX1080 who is buying it?

Stereo Single Pass Rendering.

NO Matter how Much they wanna say it's single pass it's still rendering TWICE. lol.

Renders a Scene and Shifts eye point to render the opposite eye.

DCS's Stereo Monitor Profile does this already.

There is no way to render offsetting Left/Right Environment in a single pass as the viewpoints are not the same.

Even Rendering the Entire World, then Processing 2 Separate Viewports is not considered single pass, as it's processing 2 view ports.

Not true, what NVidia does is entirely done on a hardware level, the same way they already do stereoscopic rendering for NVidia 3D Vision. In one pass video-card receives all the necessary information (geometry, textures, shaders, requested frustum) to render two (or more) modified frustums, without the need to wait for the second pass from the driver, and without much taxing.

Of course not every rendering pipeline can be applied to this approach, but this is what happens in 3D Vision as well, not every game renders perfectly, in order to have this feature working, ideally some work should be done by developer.

Edited by Mnemonic

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moores Law: Number of transistors doubling every two years. As the architecture continues to shrink, Is there really ever going to be a point of diminishing return? Who knows what the future holds where tecnology continues to evolve and amaze us.

Some wonder how smaller can do more, well think about the fact there are billions of transistors being placed on CPU and GPU die. That number continues to increase.

Back in 2000, when Intel started making the Celerons and Pentium 4s at Fab 17 and the architecture was shrinking, they were saying we will get to 5Ghz CPUs. And even talked about reaching 10Ghz. They thought they might make this by stacking processors. But there was this little problem called heat. They hired a bunch of Thermodynanics Engineers but they could not whip the problem.

But technology will continue to evolve. Can you imagine where we might be in another 10 or 20 years? Should be amazing.

Building on 300mm wafers does help with the price. Most FABs are running 200 and 300mm wafers. To retool to 300mm to get more bang for the buck and drive wafer cost down requires a huge retooling effort. Semicon tools run millions of dollars each. A used implanter can go for 3 or 4 million and that does not include installation and facilitization. Not all FABs can be converted to 300mm due to building size and infrastructure. So you just have to go out and build a new Billion dollar Fab. Or just use one of the many Foundries to run your recipe for you like TSMC or Global.

So the price we pay for our little toys is understandable if you really understand what is behind it.

Thankfully, we are not still on 2 or 3" or even 5" wafers! Our toys would not be affordable.

Oh how off topic could I get....so no I won't be buying the 1080 or anything else NVidia makes.

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

I'm probably going to wait for the 1080ti. I already have a 970 that's doing pretty well, but I also have a Vive on the way and kind of want the extra oomph to play DCS with it without worrying about settings or dropping any frames.

This card will perform very good on VR. If a game supports Dx12 or Volcan. Don't expect too much from Dx11 and before buying watch this tech demo

This person is very good at Researching things and watch its other videos if you have spare time. You will know what will come in near future. Try wait and see strategy.

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

For sure I am going to GTX 1080 but am going to wait MSI Gaming GTX 1080 :)

i7-6700K | MSI Z170A Gaming M7 | Dominator 32GB 3000MHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING Z | 2TB SSD & 1TB HDD | Acer H277HU 27" WQHD | Audeze Mobius | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Pro

http://www.overclock3d.net/articles/gpu_displays/gtx_1080_ashes_of_the_singularity_benchmarks/1

take it with a grain of salt. and this is a dx12 game where AMD does very well.

In a 1920x1080 resolution, non 3d, single monitor, run in DCS my anapa airbase mission with an NVIDIA 1080GTX, and you'll get 10 FPS...

Reason: In DCS, the clock speed of the CPU, memory, busses and channels are the main bottlenecks. Not the GPU. I run a 560GTX ti on my system, giving me 60 FPS flying around in an empty mission. When there is a lot going on in the mission, like ground targets shooting and moving, the FPS drops dramatically.

DCS is a non-preemptive threaded gaming engine. It is quite old fashioned it's internal design.

Its core gaming logic is using one core of your multi core CPU. For this reason, you can upgrade your GPU as much as you like, but I assume you'll be spending lots of money for very limited results.

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

VR Works AUDIO.

DCS Already Uses Positional Audio, nothing new...

Look Left, Hear engine in left ear louder than right, etc etc.

Audio Source is Dynamic to Head position.

But ED don't do raytracing.

They do something much more simple (probably VBAP or even simpler methods).

This is not about positioning audio sources, it is about doing away with canned room simulations, that is, the transfer function of the room will evolve with regards to where you stand in it.

I'm very much curious to see where this goes and if it does what they claim, last time i did raytracing simulations for University, the (admittedly shitty) desktops they had had to render a few minutes for one scene (one stationary audio source).

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

AMD has Pushed up the Launch of Vega 10 to October.

14nm FinFET / HBM2

This is not the FuryX Replacement, that would be Vega 11.

however Vega 10 will fare against 1080/70s fairly better (close that 10% Perf. Gap, and Drop the Gap in Power Consumption.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

In a 1920x1080 resolution, non 3d, single monitor, run in DCS my anapa airbase mission with an NVIDIA 1080GTX, and you'll get 10 FPS...

Reason: In DCS, the clock speed of the CPU, memory, busses and channels are the main bottlenecks. Not the GPU. I run a 560GTX ti on my system, giving me 60 FPS flying around in an empty mission. When there is a lot going on in the mission, like ground targets shooting and moving, the FPS drops dramatically.

DCS is a non-preemptive threaded gaming engine. It is quite old fashioned it's internal design.

Its core gaming logic is using one core of your multi core CPU. For this reason, you can upgrade your GPU as much as you like, but I assume you'll be spending lots of money for very limited results.

+1

I would like to see a side by side perf test 6700k max oc with 980, 980ti and 1080 using Dcs nevada ka-50 noe.

Nothing taxes more than the Kamov airframe.

I doubt you will see what you paid for

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

For sure I am going to GTX 1080 but am going to wait MSI Gaming GTX 1080 :)

Same here; MSI seems to be a good brand.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

AMD has Pushed up the Launch of Vega 10 to October.

14nm FinFET / HBM2

This is not the FuryX Replacement, that would be Vega 11.

however Vega 10 will fare against 1080/70s fairly better (close that 10% Perf. Gap, and Drop the Gap in Power Consumption.

so polaris was a waste of time?

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

Vega 10 will only be FuryX Equiv Chips at first, w/ Vega replacing Polaris late 2017

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Vega 10 will only be FuryX Equiv Chips at first, w/ Vega replacing Polaris late 2017

rumors vega has been pushed up to October/Battlefield 1 time frame,Vega is susposed to use HBM2 and replace Furyx<above.

also i dont remember if this was posted but dont be a sucker and pay Nvidi'sa premium for a reference card.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-gtx-1080-1070-founder-edition-reference,31761.html

8700k@4.7 32GB ram, 1080TI hybrid SC2

It's easier to find waterblock for reference card and overclock card beyond 3rd party editions. So at the end of the day the ref card don't cost that much.

Most likely that reference waterblock will work on all ref Pascal cards to come, including Ti versions.

Edited by PureEvil

STEAM

asus p8z68-v gen3, 2600k@4,5ghz(w/c), 16gb, 1080ti(w/c), ch fighterstick/gvl224-4000-8, ch pro throttle, Oculus Rift CV1+Touch, thrustmaster tx

It's easier to find waterblock for reference card and overclock card beyond 3rd party editions. So at the end of the day the ref card don't cost that much.

Most likely that reference waterblock will work on all ref Pascal cards to come, including Ti versions.

But this will void any warranty on those cards.

Why not pick a factory wc card and keep warranty up ?

Asus and Gigabyte both have watercooled cards off the shelf.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Some manufactors allow remove of the original cooling solution, so i heard.

My guess custom waterblock is better than those hybrid models.

Asus and gigabyte are not the cheapest brands out there.

STEAM

asus p8z68-v gen3, 2600k@4,5ghz(w/c), 16gb, 1080ti(w/c), ch fighterstick/gvl224-4000-8, ch pro throttle, Oculus Rift CV1+Touch, thrustmaster tx

some AIBs allow Heatsink to be removed without voiding warranty.

after reading 3 reviews, definately gonna keep to looking at AMD.

-Lack of Support for Open/Industry Standards

-Lack of 3/4 Way SLi Support (you will have to unlock the ability with key. Side effect of continuing to use dated SLi bridges instead of xDMA like AMD.)

-While ignoring support for industry standard, they continue to develop their own proprietary tech. how many studios actually still use GameWorks?

its Like nVidia inherited 3dfx's poor decision making.

On the bright side the raw performance is there.

Edited by SkateZilla

some AIBs allow Heatsink to be removed without voiding warranty.

after reading 3 reviews, definately gonna keep to looking at AMD.

-Lack of Support for Open/Industry Standards

-Lack of 3/4 Way SLi Support (you will have to unlock the ability with key. Side effect of continuing to use dated SLi bridges instead of xDMA like AMD.)

-While ignoring support for industry standard, they continue to develop their own proprietary tech. how many studios actually still use GameWorks?

its Like nVidia inherited 3dfx's poor decision making.

On the bright side the raw performance is there.

well that is the hope with the consoles Skate. IF a game is built to run on xbox/PS then there's no reason to build for gameworks. so nvidia shows all this fancy proprietary crap that gets used in 3 games.

8700k@4.7 32GB ram, 1080TI hybrid SC2

The 1080 pretty much stomps every other card out there including the Titan X by a good measure. I wouldn't expect anything less.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2016/05/17/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-review-hail-to-the-king/#26a757ae5119

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5