Modifier combination issue (SCG-L + MCG)

Bourrinopathe

@Aerogator

Hi!

I was configuring a combination of SCG-L and MCG (both Pro/Premium), and using the pinky on the MCG as modifier, there's an issue with the SCG-L thumb 4-way hat.

That's a DCS issue. Software. (As far as I can tell)

What doesn't work:

- assigning pinky + any of the 4-way hat directions to trigger a command in DCS (tested on the Su-27 and F-16C)

What works:

- assigning the pinky + 4-way hat push button on the SCG-L: actually triggers the command correctly

- other combinations (I configured) using the MCG pinky and SCG-L buttons work

- single 4-way hat button (SCG-L) without using a modifier also work

I managed to get the same combinations correctly working with Cliffs of Dover, Tobruk.

X-Plane and MSFS do not allow those combinations so I didn't get to test the same configurations.

I'm not sure where to report this and you might be more directly connected to ED's tech staff.

I'm using VKB DC v0.90.77 and v1.977 (MCG) and v1.97E (SCG) firmwares.

I'll make sure to update my software and firmware versions later and report back if anything changes.

----

Using the SCG-L without the springs work formidably well as a modern throttle control btw ;) Thanks to VKB-Sim build quality and programming capabilities!

----

EDIT: firmwares and software updated to the latest versions - no change

Ticket also sent to ED (customer support) to report the issue.

Edited by Bourrinopathe
update

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

• 2 weeks later...

The problem is fixed.

I kept troubleshooting and testing and a DCS Repair finally fixed the issue.

Whatever was interfering has been eradicated ;)

(FWIW I wasn't using any mods, just liveries and a few textures tweaks)

ED's support has been notified and the related ticket is closed.

Edited by Bourrinopathe

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///