Listen to Enemy Frequency or Radio Station Music, News

LowRider88

In the sim IL-2 1946, it was possible to change the radio frequency in the cockpit to the enemy's frequency and to hear the enemy communicating about spotting you or their maneuvers.

It was also possible in that game to put sound files in a file directory and then associate that directory to a radio frequency, so that during the game, you could switch to that frequency to hear music, new reports, etc.

Is this doable in DCS now? If not, can this be added?

Sound files can be added in the mission builder to be triggered many ways. They can be linked to radio frequencies if desired. You can build a playlist F10 menu, etc.

However if you do this sort of thing, just be aware of the file sizes. If your adding them into a mission it will become very large and slow to load in MP.

The F-14 and AJS-37 both have an in pit Walkman you can play. You can change the files.

Edited by Paganus
typo

Sound files can be added in the mission builder to be triggered many ways. They can be linked to radio frequencies if desired. You can build a playlist F10 menu, etc.

However if you do this sort of thing, just be aware of the file sizes. If your adding them into a mission it will become very large and slow to load in MP.

The F-14 and AJS-37 both have an in pit Walkman you can play. You can change the files.

Thank Paganus for these details.

I don't play MP so this is less of a concern for me.

But based on your comments, you are right, I did a search and see this thread for music.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=132121&page=2

However I suppose this is a 2 part request as I also would like to hear opponent AI radio as well.

There's no switch you can flip to make the AI do this.

You would have to build it into the mission with triggers playing sound files on specific frequencies, etc.

You would have to set it all up in the editor for the mission.

I'm sure they could code in a system like that if they wanted to, but I don't think anything like this is in the pipeline.

Edited by Paganus
typo

It would be really great if they could do this.

I found it quite immersive in other sims.

Eg. Doing terrain masking while listening on the enemy freq.

Then I hear they spot me.

It would just be assigning the player's AI wingmen communication routines to the enemy AI, I believe.