Engine spool up/down (sound?) discontinuity/bug

Diac

Hi,

I've noticed that when moving the throttle e.g. from idle to mil or vice versa, it sounds like there are discontinuities in the engine spool up/down sound.

Is it just me, or is this actually the case? I.e. that the sound is not continuous/"linear" but that it "steps" up/down in frequency when a certain throttle level is reached?

I don't know if it has always been this way, but in this video:

from t=6s to t=25s, when he alters the throttle, in-cockpit view (I realize this is a video showcasing a sound mod, but only external sounds are affected by the mod AFAIK), it sounds like the sound is the way it is "supposed to be", i.e. continuous throttle movement = continuous sound frequency changes.

I am relatively new to the Viggen and DCS in general - I have flown the Viggen since summer 2018, and the sound has been unchanged since then AFAIK, so the weird sound frequency stepping was all i knew - until I watched the video linked above, which is from 2017.

So, my question is, in essence, is the fact that continuous throttle movement |= continuous sound frequency changes in the Viggen a bug? And if so, has this bug always been present, or has it appeared at some point between release and now, as the linked video indicates?

I think it's such a shame that Heatblur has not chosen to prioritize the sound design of the Viggen the same way as they have for the F-14 - which IMO is the best sounding module in the DCS, especially in regard to engine sounds, bar none.