Carrier Air Wing - Information Resources and Livery/AI Wishlist

KingKenny04

I apologize if this is in the wrong forum. I could not find a specific forum that worked since this is partially intended as a resource for mission and campaign builders, partially an open research document for the community, and partially a wishlist for future liveries and AI aircraft included in the base game.

I've read a few complaints here and elsewhere from people about the lack of liveries and aircraft for a single complete carrier air wing as it was configured for any one point in time. Partially to satisfy my own curiosity, I decided to do some research and compile a list of Carrier Air Wings that deployed aboard carriers that will be featured in DCS, in areas that are covered by DCS maps, and were deployed during historical "bookmarks" that mission makers may use to create real-world or "what if?" scenarios.

These lists include complete carrier air wings for carriers that are coming to DCS and were deployed during crisis points in history. They are not necessarily limited to carriers that conducted actual combat operations or participated in the crises mentioned, however they include carriers that may have been sent to participate in the crises mentioned. This is for the many mission makers that use these crises as the basis for alternate history or "what if?" scenarios. I have organized them by map and further by event. Aircraft models are further denoted by their status in DCS. I have not included air wings deployed aboard carriers in or near these crises points that are not yet confirmed for DCS (i.e. Kitty Hawk class carriers). I have further only included carrier air wings where we already have the majority of aircraft models either released, in development, or as AI aircraft.

I have attached a current copy of this spreadsheet to the bottom of this post.

STATUS KEY:

RqhLkQx.png

CAUCUSES

1991-1993 Georgian Civil War

JaxWNot.png

19lnqwr.png

YbDGWlG.png

PERSIAN GULF

Operation Earnest Will

M9XYU79.png

SYRIA

Multinational Force in Lebanon

Bdhu4iu.png

This list is by no means complete. Please feel free to discuss and correct these post. Also please post suggestions for other "historical bookmarks" that could be used for mission making where additional carrier air wings and carrier deployments could be added.

CarrierDeploymentsMatrix.zip

Edited by KingKenny04

This is very interesting and would be VERY useful! It must have taken a lot of work to put it together!

Unfortunately, the file you uploaded is corrupt or empty. Would it be possible to upload a new one?

Oh sorry, I'll reupload as soon as I get to a computer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...