Did you give up with the Harrier?

bkthunder

Compared to all open bugs and missing features, detailed damage modeling (to such things like the RWR) is pure bling bling.

But when I think about it, yes, every time driving the Harrier, the missing damage model of the INS or RWR was the missed / bugged feature that cost me my nerves..

So, yes, we should be glad to see progress on such key features, and not the more important things...

I always missed things like that and a new kneeboard, but never the ability to slew the designator or use the tpod without bugs...

Edited by viper2097

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

Do you think it is ok what they are doing?

Tell me where I'm not right?

Isn't the Mirage full of bugs and released since I don't know when?

Isn't the Harrier in EA since over an year, with bugs and missing features over and over?

While they releasing another module, doing nothing on the Mirage and (barley) nothing on the Harrier? And if they do something, its just unnecesarry cosmetic items like the kneeboard?

So tell me, when do you get unsatisfied and start to feel scamed? How many more years do you want to have a not working CCRP bomb mode on the released Mirage without saying a single word on it?

Don't forget: I paid, so I did my part. Razbam is not doing their part, they just took my money but are not delivering.

Steam user - Youtube

I never felt scammed with Razbam. I always knew what I was buying, and I think that price matches quality.

There's no DCS module that would be 100% accurate and 100% complete.

That's my 2 cents.

• ED Team
Anyway, bashing Razbam seems to be a full time job for you...

Yes viper makes it known in as many threads as possible. It is far beyond feedback, more of a witch hunt.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hello, could someone list me or point me to a thread that lists all the missing features or wip of the Harrier ?

Thank you in advance

This is a non-exhaustive list. and doesn't really capture the various bugs. Based on T2K's list.

Bombing/Weapons (mostly Tier 1 functionality)

-Fixing “Arcade mode” CCIP functionality

- TPOD HTS mode

- TPOD slave mode/handoffs

- TPOD LST

-ASL Line does not compensate for wind/tgt movement with ARBS/Tpod

-ASL line does not compensate for wind with INS

- CAS Page and Datalink

- DMT Sidewinder Slave

- JDAM

- FLIR Hotspot Tracker

- CCIP symbology (not accurate at all)

- CCIP-to-AUTO (super useful for bombing, it is close to what CCIP Consent is in the A-10C)

- Manual Delivery mode for bombing (maybe partly added now)

-Weapon page

- Correct release sequence for TER

- Sinderwinder Expanded Acquisition Mode

- Loft delivery mode for bombs

- Target point and Mark point data entry

- AGM-65 force correlation

- AGM-65 ship mode (which works in hornet?)

- AGM-122 emitter location (the symbol on the HUD does not point to the real emitter location)

- Mk20/CBU programming

- Working RCIP delivery (currently only BCIP and CIP, i.e. DMT computed, deliveries are working)

- UFC and ODU weapons programming (in fact, most of the weapon programming)

-ARBS/TPOD/INS inaccuracy modeling (currently perfect at all times)

Flight stuff (variously Tier1/2/3)

- Radio panel (not UFC)

- Some VREST features

- Most of the contrast and brightness adjustment knobs

- Ground Power panel

- EMCON mode

- NAVFLIR Cool Down

- Expendables programming

- Expendables auto release

- INS alignment and errors (switching to IFA makes the alignment perfect). It is generally really buggy.

- Correct waypoint editing with GRID coordinates and TDC (it is inverted and buggy right now)

- Magnetic variation and its effects

- Data cartridge and data transfers

- Most of the LHA promised feature (animated crew, Hangars, etc)

- AFC autopilot (currently it does not behave like the real aircraft at all)

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Do you think it is ok what they are doing?

Tell me where I'm not right?

Isn't the Mirage full of bugs and released since I don't know when?

Isn't the Harrier in EA since over an year, with bugs and missing features over and over?

While they releasing another module, doing nothing on the Mirage and (barley) nothing on the Harrier? And if they do something, its just unnecesarry cosmetic items like the kneeboard?

So tell me, when do you get unsatisfied and start to feel scamed? How many more years do you want to have a not working CCRP bomb mode on the released Mirage without saying a single word on it?

Don't forget: I paid, so I did my part. Razbam is not doing their part, they just took my money but are not delivering.

First, the kneeboard is needed to rearm on the ground. A lot of player seem to rearm on ground in MP, and given the original concept of the Harrier to be based close to the frontline to perform CAS and rearm as fast as possible, I don't think it's just cosmetic feature.

The video is showing changing chaff/ flare load, adding or removing NVG and stuff like that.

While you think it's purely cosmetic, some other people are requesting stuff like that.

They were adding some other stuff to the Harrier, including on the navigation system, but you don't want to acknowledge.

You keep talking about CRRP bombing immediately drops.

It's only occurring in CCRP + PI, not in direct CCRP.

I'm not saying there are no bugs, but you con't say they are not working on the Harrier.

Hornet has been out for a year, and it's far from complete too. It's early access, like the Harrier.

Razbam returned to France to Mirage 2000C home base. I don't think they are paying the trip across the Atlantic just for fun.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

First, the kneeboard is needed to rearm on the ground. A lot of player seem to rearm on ground in MP, and given the original concept of the Harrier to be based close to the frontline to perform CAS and rearm as fast as possible, I don't think it's just cosmetic feature.

The video is showing changing chaff/ flare load, adding or removing NVG and stuff like that.

While you think it's purely cosmetic, some other people are requesting stuff like that.

Did that already with the ground crew menu, why should there be now the kneeboard necessary for that?

But talking about chaff, what about fixing the bug that chaff's can't be dropped in the initial configuration? Bugged since months. Would it not be more important to have working CM then an unecessary new kneeboard?

They were adding some other stuff to the Harrier, including on the navigation system, but you don't want to acknowledge.

I know very well what they added. As I said those are just small bling-bling items and there have been no work on the well known and important construction zones.

And btw, please tell me what they did to the navigation system? Can't find anything then damage model regarding that.

You keep talking about CRRP bombing immediately drops.

It's only occurring in CCRP + PI, not in direct CCRP.

Doesn't matter that detail, its known since months and no one cares about. Beside that, there are plenty more bugs on the Mirage which are well known. No intention to fix them.

I'm not saying there are no bugs, but you con't say they are not working on the Harrier.#

We have to talk about the definition of "working".

If it is for you that they are changing textures and adding unnecessary things, then yes, they are working on it.

For my point of view, they are ignoring well known bugs, have no real progress on the important things and are working on, and releasing other modules.

To say it in more easy words:

The Harrier is like a car that is missing its doors and the manufactor is starting to polish the rims instead of adding the doors. And if you ask "why are you polishing the rims while the doors are still missing?" you get no answer and he is going over to the next car starting to work on that.

While you have already fully paid the car. Would you like that? What would you do with the car dealer?

Hornet has been out for a year, and it's far from complete too. It's early access, like the Harrier.

Razbam returned to France to Mirage 2000C home base. I don't think they are paying the trip across the Atlantic just for fun.

The Hornet, and other aircrafts, are also EA, thats correct. EA isn't bad. It means that it is being constantly worked on.

Compare the changelogs of the Hornet and the Harrier for the last 6 months.

While ED added in the last six months AGM-88, LTWS, SA and JDAMs to the Hornet, Razbam was not even able to fix the way off locking HUD symbology on the AGM-122 or even more basic things.

And the by far most worst thing: They are constantly ignoring everything, does not respond in any way to bug reports and don't care about finishing their module they got paid already.

What if I would (or could) claim my money back and only pay them when they are finished? I think they would not like that...

So, why do I have then to accept that they took my money, but are not doing that for what they got paid for?

At the moment its a very one sided game that Razbam is playing, and people are getting more and more upset. Also the playerbase is increasing more and more with new people who will not accept that.

I don't think that this will work over longer time what Razbam is doing.

Don't get me wrong. I love the Mirage and I really like the Harrier. Maybe thats why I'm getting so emotional when seeing that Razbam is only constantly messing it up...

It hurts when you have to see how two of your favorite aircrafts are getting more and more bugged while the developer has no intention on fixing those bugs or doing real steps to finish it.

And if there is one step into the right direction, then its done so worse, that it feels like a bad joke (e.g. point track).

So tell me, what possible way do we have to improve the situation? As it is now, it is not satisfying or ok.

Edited by viper2097

Steam user - Youtube

I simply don't understand why some people seems so compelled to defend Razbam. I can understand you're getting annoyed with all the complaints but it does not mean these complaints are not justified.

At this point Razbam is clearly at fault with bugs known for several years, some on vital functions of an aircraft. On top of that, there is little to no communication at all since the end of 2018, the team simply decided to abandon their forum section.

I think that new players or veterans looking for a Razbam module should be aware of the current situation and the problems Razbam is facing. It's almost four years since the release of the Mirage and none of their planes are completed. This is something that everyone should be aware of. At some point Razbam will succeed to deliver and we will celebrate them for that, until then we're just waiting for them to prove they can manage to get out of early access a single module.

Early access can be a good thing, but on this present case it is not unfortunately.

@jojo : Comparing the Hornet's development to the Harrier or Mirage ones is a bit of a strech, there is absolutely no comparison possible between those modules. The Hornet while being in early access for a year had continuous support from ED with regular (significatives) updates and communication.

Razbam, I still plan to buy your Mirage 2000-5)))

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

Such short memories. Don't you guys remember Falcon 4.0? Strike Eagle III? Janes' Super Hornet? Those things were buggy as heck too. It has always been this way. Detailed flight sims are stupendously complex and there's just no way they get "completed" quickly.

Real life aircraft have bugs as well, but creative ground- and aircrew find workarounds and temp fixes. But there's no duct tape for virtual aircraft.

I think we should not focus on what isn't there, but enjoy what is. Razbam are working hard on harrier, and it's gon' be gud. Well it already is, but it's improving even further.

Imagine, next time you want to post a vitriolic rant about a missing flare program how you would feel if it were you who has said flare program on his monday morning todo list but are having a hard time coding around some peculiar weirdness in DCS framework code? Would you enjoy being called a lazy laggard for that? So don't.

Doe 'es lief (be nice for a change)

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL

Nobody complains about bugs. Nobody complaisn about EA aircrafts.

Not fixing the bugs, working on other thigns, not completing products that have already been paid and no communicationa bout anything, thats the problem.

I think we should not focus on what isn't there, but enjoy what is.

No.

I paid a full price, so I want a full product.

I won't be satisfied with a half and worse product.

At least, they should work on it. Thats what EA means. Access to a product on which is still worked on.

But instead on cleaning up the Mriage and finishing the Harrier, they decided to do a complete other module in the meantime...

Razbam are working hard on harrier, and it's gon' be gud. Well it already is, but it's improving even further.

No, they aren't.

Only minor changes and improvements on unecessary systems so far in the last 6 months.

No real game changers.

Imagine, next time you want to post a vitriolic rant about a missing flare program how you would feel if it were you who has said flare program on his monday morning todo list but are having a hard time coding around some peculiar weirdness in DCS framework code? Would you enjoy being called a lazy laggard for that? So don't.

Doe 'es lief (be nice for a change)

LOL.

If it is so impossible to fix those bugs, how do other Devs or ED itself manage to get their sh*t done? Razbam are they online one who are not able to get the easiest things going. Or at least fixing it after they broke it.

If I would work on my projects like Razbam is oding it, I would have lost my job multiple times.

Edited by viper2097

Steam user - Youtube

Tell me, what can we do to get Razbam doing their job and deliver what we paid for?

I have not the slightest clue. I think Zeus is overworked and that's why there is so little progress systems wise.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

How long do we need to read from that toxic shithawk until someone finally bans him? pls

Just add him to your ignore list, I did .. so much negativity gets tiring after a while.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Returning to this part of the forum after a while, seems pretty quiet here.

The Harrier still has big bugs and missing features, did everything grind to a halt once again and the community just gave up with hoping for a finished AND accurate simulation of this wonderful aricraft? :(

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3927490&postcount=17

Yes, I have given up the Harrier until the sensor management system is fixed.

I don't see other well known problems being show stoppers, but unusable DMT, TPOD and MAV is just no go for me.

Nothing is more frustrating that you can't slave the sensor somewhere, it locks on something totally random things, its lock moves from previous position to some random location behind you etc.

Why? Because it renders you incapable use bombs in any other than CCIP modes, not able to use rockets, gun, AUTO etc.

Because that even the combat maneuvering is impossible as the ARBS system is guiding you to fly back to targets at even a few kilometers off, so you don't anymore find them.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

• ED Team

Dear all, while there may still be issues with the HArrier, this approach isnt helpful, please try and update bug threads with new tracks and such if you are still seeing outstanding issues. These threads just end up turning into a fight.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png