support for Steam users

San_A

Hi San_A, whenever DCS next updates on Steam I would imagine the campaign will become available. Unfortunately I don't have any information on when this might be for now.

For the time being, if you do not own any modules newer than the M-2000C, you can also port your planes into ED's standalone version. Your controls and settings will all be preserved and you can enjoy earlier access to content like The Georgian War!

If you have purchased newer modules in Steam (specifically the Mirage and anything released after it) you will not be able to port these to the standalone, unfortunately, due to differences in the copy protection software used. In this case it would probably be best to simply wait for the Steam version.

• 3 months later...

Hi Tullaian. From what I have seen with other content, this is fairly normal. ED controls the release schedule so I can't give you any concrete information about dates etc.

If you'd like to play The Georgian War immediately, consider transferring your steam key to the standalone installation available at http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com

Thanks for your interest!

Thanks for the response :) I am happy, er ok, er resigned to staying with Steam for everything.

I know in this case I could go via standalone as the F-15 is transferrable so all good.

It was more just a question of timing for this one campaign as other 3rd party campaigns that were finished after this one have already appeared on Steam and I couldn't think of a patch or other issue that was preventing it from appearing.

Perhaps I can look forward to it over the Christmas period when I will no doubt be playing it on 2.5 !

• 2 months later...