DCS: M-III by Razbam ?

Flyschool

What is armament for Shahak?

Same as the regular Mirage IIIC, with the addition of the capability to carry the Rafael designed Shafrir 1 (1963) and the later better performing Shafrir 2 (1971) IR guided rear aspect heat seeking missiles.

There's also some nifty rocket launcher and & bomb hanging capabilities on the underwing external fuel tanks.

IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us

Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Website

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For any Aussies and anyone else that cares, here are the flight, performance and weapon employment manuals for the Mirage IIIO

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/y15c65wud4cvhli/AABBtmXClnmZN4f_ouhCbwP8a?dl=0

Nice.

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guys, Falkland - Malvinas is the right way to go. thumbup.gif

This is one of the best scenary we could have.

Great news, stay in.

I couldn't agree more! Large sea, the Falkland at 600 of the continent makes more intresting missions. Great for carrier ops and it has very litle land and cities, and lot of water, wich alsow makes it easy yo model.

Interl i7 6700k - 32Gb RAM DDR4 - RX 590 8GB - Sentey 32"2560x1440 - Saitek X-55 - TrackIr 3

I couldn't agree more! Large sea, the Falkland at 600 of the continent makes more intresting missions. Great for carrier ops and it has very litle land and cities, and lot of water, wich alsow makes it easy yo model.

1+

Someone need to create the Lynx:

Lynx+Helicopter+%25286%2529.jpg

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

would be nice as an addon to the M2000C, but a complete new module? I wouldnt pay 50€ for an aircraft that is that close to one i already have.

The Mirage III is not a M2000 variant, buddy!

The Mirage III and the Mirage 2000 are different aircrafts, with different histories.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

would be nice as an addon to the M2000C, but a complete new module? I wouldnt pay 50€ for an aircraft that is that close to one i already have.

How are they close to eachother?...

They might look similar (as in they are both French Deltas)

But other then that they are completely different.

one Is a modern 1980s FBW fighter and the Other is a early 1960s Barebones Fighter.

They will play out and preform VERY differently and will be very different to fly.

Not close to each other at all. The Mirage III may look similar to the 2000, but the planes were designed and built decades apart. I fully support rolling back the in game clock to the mid cold war era so we can play with the huge selection on offer there.

[ame]

[/ame]

The Mirage III is not a M2000 variant, buddy!

I know, but its too close to it for me to buy the M-III for 50 bugs when i already have the M-2000...It would be awesome if RAZBAM could release one module with the aircrafts family...including the M-III and M-2000 with their versions for one prize.

I know, but its too close to it for me to buy the M-III for 50 bugs when i already have the M-2000...It would be awesome if RAZBAM could release one module with the aircrafts family...including the M-III and M-2000 with their versions for one prize.

That's the point. They might look similar, but they are very different.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

For any Aussies and anyone else that cares, here are the flight, performance and weapon employment manuals for the Mirage IIIO

Awesome, thanks. Ideally, Razbam would do one of the IIIE variants, rather than the IIIC.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

They share a wing design. That's like saying the F-86 and the MiG-15 are the same aircraft family because they both make use of the swept wing design...

Awesome, thanks. Ideally, Razbam would do one of the IIIE variants, rather than the IIIC.

They already stated they might turn it into a E but that it remains to be seen.

Yes, Alejandro is the author, the exact version that´s planned is the Shahak.

BUT could expand to the E, is too early to say..

In that cae, that one price would probably have to be in the range of a few hunderds of $.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

I hope they stay with the CJ version. With Viggen, Harrier, Tucano, Skyraider, Tu-22 and Mirage F1 in development, A-G is already well covered. I rather have a fighter version and tangle with Mig21s all day long ;)

Well the E is multirole, and it's probably superior to the C as a fighter what with it's new engine, RWR and better radar.

I fear an early 1960s C may be stomped on, even by F-5E & MiG-21. Though it would have the saving grace of a single R.530 I guess.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well the E is multirole, and it's probably superior to the C as a fighter what with it's new engine, RWR and better radar.

That was my reasoning as well in hoping for the IIIE as it should be more flexible in theory and was also operated by more air forces than the IIIC.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

I have to disagree (too), sorry. :ermm:

The choice not to want to buy another full price module that "looks alike" the M-2000 is yours only, I won't try to convince you to change your mind.

But besides their delta shape, general architecture and family name, both birds are so different that in term of work to do (by Razbam), the "full module / full price" is totally justified IMO.

- airframe

- flight controls

- stability/maneuverability

- engine

- radar

- nav system

- avionics

- weapons/loadouts

(generation)

(capabilities)

all is different!

++

Az'

Edited by Azrayen

spacer.png

The choice not to want to buy another full price module that "looks alike" the M-2000 is yours only, I won't try to convince you to change your mind.

But besides their delta shape, general architecture and family name, both birds are so different that in term of work to do (by Razbam), the "full module / full price" is totally justified IMO.

- airframe

- flight controls

- engine

- radar

- nav system

- avionics

- weapons/loadouts

(generation)

(capabilities)

all is different!

++

Az'

Picture 1: Mirage 2000 cockpit, Picture 2: Mirage IIIC

2000c.jpg

0522185.jpg

Two completely different beasts

- airframe

- flight controls

- engine

- radar

- nav system

- avionics

- weapons/loadouts

(generation)

(capabilities)

all is different!

++

Az'

Picture 1: Mirage 2000 cockpit, Picture 2: Mirage IIIC

2000c.jpg

0522185.jpg

Two completely different beasts

There is an image of what a Mirage III mesh could look like http://galgot.free.fr/MirageIIIC-Gallery/miiic/475.jpg

I think your apparent choice is IMO the smarter way to go. Making a full Malvinas/Falklands edition pack. I wish someone made the islands map itself with a portion of Argentina to at least have an airbase.

With flyable Sea Harrier and Mirage III (we also have the A-4 HoggitDev is doing). Other planes as IA would be good enough atm, like Pucara, Super Etendard, etc. We already have C-130 and someone was making the Sea King i think.

I agree whith that, I think a Malvinas map could be a great adition to the DCS franchise. The only thing I wonder is about the distance betwen the mainland and the islands.. there's about 600km, which represents a long time of flight!

Edited by elchacal

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]