A bit of easy common sense for a future update?

eUK Nibbler

Would it be possible, in the next update or two, to have empty folders pre placed in dcs with the appropriate labels for each model and possibly map, so that we can place our own kneeboards without as much hastle as it is now?

Just trying to get the exact name and file location for each model /map is actually a huge ball ache.

It's not like pilot prepped kneeboards would be considered a cheat!?

Seems like an easy update that would make so many of us very happy!

Isn't that a help? -- C:\Users\USER\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Kneeboard

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

You need kneeboard builder.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

No, it's doable to have specific terrain kneeboards.

Example here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=209730

I haven't tested if it's possible from SavedGames though, probably going by the specific ref to the kneeboard folder in the Caucasus terrain.cfg.lua and the new structure.

Prolly need to replicate as 'SavedGames/Mods/terrain/[terrainname]/kneeboard/' if it follows the usual savedgames overrides.

Edited by Buzzles