TERRIBLE ERROR RAZBAM. Airbrake switch abstraction is gone. WHY?

DmitriKozlowsky

No, it is supposed to be all or nothing. Razbam "fixed" it incorrectly.

Any source for that? The only thing I could find was the following:

"The switch has three positions: OUT, NORM and IN. The switch is spring loaded to NORM. When OUT is selected, the speedbrake extends. When IN is selected the speedbrake retracts"

which isn't clear whether it is an "all or nothing" function or not. If it was "all or nothing" though why would it be a 3 position switch instead of a 2 position toggle switch?

Any source for that? The only thing I could find was the following:

"The switch has three positions: OUT, NORM and IN. The switch is spring loaded to NORM. When OUT is selected, the speedbrake extends. When IN is selected the speedbrake retracts"

which isn't clear whether it is an "all or nothing" function or not. If it was "all or nothing" though why would it be a 3 position switch instead of a 2 position toggle switch?

I'm not an HMI engineer so I couldn't tell you why, but that description is proof enough. Note that it says when the function is selected, it does the thing. It doesn't say it stops or arrests the thing when pressed back to NORM. Nor does it say it stops or arrests the thing when released, or only performs the thing when held down.

I assume it is 3-position because there is auto-extension logic under certain flight regimes, and it would be technically inaccurate to have the switch in the IN position while it's automatically extending for whatever reason.

In addition to that, I've confirmed with pilots what the appropriate behavior is.

They "fixed" this at the behest of a bug report asking what the correct logic is, and didn't do their homework prior to jumping the gun.

I'd have thought that if the airbrake was intended to be able to be stopped in intermediate positions, there would have been some sort of in-cockpit position indicator provided. Otherwise, the pilot would have no way to tell where it was.

What may be confusing the issue slightly is that, from what the NATOPS manual says, the extended position varies according to airspeed:

The electro--hydraulic operated speedbrake is hinged on the fuselage underside, aft of the main landing gear. With the landing gear up, the speedbrake has a maximum travel of 66°. This travel is progressively reduced with increased airspeed.

I checked the last patch and button for air brake works perfect now. If You push longer the air brake will open gradually (the same to close it) like for many US aircrafts (and not only).

Nice job and more realistic, I like it!

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro