In Cockpit Cursor Independent of TrackIR

LowRider88

Would it be possible to add a new option to the game in order to limit the effect of TrackIR user head movement on the movement of the in cockpit cursor?

Currently if a TrackIR user wants to click on a switch in the cockpit, we have to keep our head extremely still while we move the mouse cursor into position over the switch.

This can be difficult to do in the heat of battle, or depending on how close we sit to the TrackIR / monitor.

It would be great if the head could be moved but the cursor remained stationary relative to the cockpit, independent of the head movement. The cursor would then really simulate someone’s hand, rather than say a hand sticking out of someone’s forehead.

It would be really great if you could look away and look back and the cursor would be still over the same switch. It would be awesome if there was also a key to Center the cursor in the middle of the TrackIR view. These two options would really help simulate hand movement independent of TrackIR movement.

That is a good point, however, that is why I also suggested a new key to Center the cursor in view so you will never lose track of the cursor.

Tuning the TrackIR sensitivity is a good idea, however I still feel having the cursor slaved to the TrackIR is not realistic and is like a hand stuck to my forehead.

I am also suggesting this can be a menu option to turn on, say in a TrackIR section, so if you do not care for it you can just turn it off.

Yeah but your also know where your hand is because it's attached to you which is why you can touch things without looking where here you can't do that whether it moves with your screen or is free.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Sure,

However, what if I want to put my hand in position in preparation for an action, then have to look around the airspace. If I want to then make the planned action, I have to zero in both my mouse hand and my head at the same time.

Is there any harm in asking for more options if someone feels it could be useful?

Same problem in VR and losing your cursor doesn't make any sense. Do you lose your cursor on your desktop? Do you have to remember where you last left your cursor? Then you should lose your cursor in the menus because that is exactly what we're asking for. Just like the menus in the cockpit.

Same problem in VR and losing your cursor doesn't make any sense. Do you lose your cursor on your desktop? Do you have to remember where you last left your cursor? Then you should lose your cursor in the menus because that is exactly what we're asking for. Just like the menus in the cockpit.

Hi Taz1004, are your questions directed to me or to Yoshua? It sounds like you agree with this suggestion.

How long have you been using TrackIR?

I remember this experience when I first started, but I don't even think about this any more. TrackIR teaches you to be aware of, and have much greater precision over your head position it seems...

I have been using TrackIR since 2015.

I have already found a way around the initial quick mission zoom out where you have to try to coordinate the head movement, hand movement with the out zoom, which already was a concern for other users.

Unlike you, rather than stick it out and get used to it, I just mapped the majority of the controls to the keyboard. I only left rear cockpit controls unmapped and for the mouse.

The main point I am making is that I want a hand which is independent of my head, I am suggesting this as only an option and not fixed for everyone, and I am suggesting a mouse cantering key to avoid any Lose of mouse position.

I hope to suggest areas of improvement to enhance the game but seem to have my gaming skills being questioned.