P51 blackout sound at high speed

snodden

Hi,

Since a couple of month I have issues in the P51 when in high speed dive or flying fast at around 400 MPH. It sounds like you are in blackout when you exceed theses speeds but there are no high G. It is really annoying and kills the immersion.

Anyone else having this issue, known bug?

Anyone recognizes this and perhaps have some work around or what is the appropriate thread?

Tried to find other reports but probably not searching for the right terminology.

Regards

/Snodden

Edited by snodden

Too me it seems like they added a new effect which has to do with rapid loss of elevation, causing your ears to go "wheeeeee".

Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

Make sure you are turning the "Diluter Lever" to the UP position on the Oxygen Regulator as indicated in the manual on pg 91.

It works, but oxygen is drained quite fast at emergency rate :) When oxygen tank dry out this sound is getting back :)

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Thanks,

I think I tried the "diluter lever" at the same time since I had no success just turning oxygen on or off.

Will try again.

If it works for me it could still be a workaround for low level for the time the oxygen lasts.

/Snodden

• 5 weeks later...