[MOD] Viggen Warfare Kneeboard Pages

funkyfranky

After the OB patch today this isn't working anymore for, anybody else have the same issue? I deactivated the mod before the patch and then reactivated.

Just tested and it's still working here after the patch. Maybe something went wrong when you reactivated the mod?

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Thanks, I'll try again tonite!

ETA: I re-unzipped the mod, reinstated it, and ow it works again. Weird - there must have been a hiccup somewhere.

Thanks for your help!

Edited by TheNanny

• 1 month later...

I'm running openbeta and extracted the zip files to

C:\Users\...\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\aircraft\AJS37\Cockpit\scripts\KNEEBOARD

which gives me 'indicator' and 'pages' directories, with all the nice kneeboard pages.

However, in the Viggen I still get the standard kneeboard. I tried to follow the procedure in https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3036780 but this mentions an init.lua that should be present in KNEEBOARD/indicator/CONTENT. This file is not present in my directory. What do I need to do to get this mod working?

C:\Users\...\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\aircraft\AJS37\Cockpit\scripts\KNEEBOARD

Mod goes into the DCS installation folder not Saved Games.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

That did the trick, thanks!

:thumbup:

• 1 month later...

I've extracted the files to the following folder:

C:\ProgramFiles\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\AJS37\Cockpit\scripts\KNEEBOARD\indicator\CONTENT

Starting DCS Open Beta and opening the Kneeboard with Right Shift - K only display the regular kneeboard.

Are there furter steps I should follow?

I've extracted the files to the following folder:

C:\ProgramFiles\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\AJS37\Cockpit\scripts\KNEEBOARD\indicator\CONTENT

Starting DCS Open Beta and opening the Kneeboard with Right Shift - K only display the regular kneeboard.

Are there furter steps I should follow?

Put the pages directory from the mod into the pages directory from DCS. I think you have misplaced the files.

Put the pages directory from the mod into the pages directory from DCS. I think you have misplaced the files.

You are correct!

This is the correct path:

C:\ProgramFiles\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\AJS37\Cockpit\scripts\KNEEBOARD\pages

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Ehm, what is the difference between the lua based mod/OvGME version and simply dropping the pgns into C:\Users\....\Saved Games\DCS\Kneeboard\AJS37?

Both seem to work just fine, but i'd like to know whether i miss out on some cool functionality that might come with the lua mod version :).

BTW: i really dig the 60/70s yellowish paper typewriter style you have managed to pull off!

Edited by sc_neo

Ehm, what is the difference between the lua based mod/OvGME version and simply dropping the pgns into C:\Users\....\Saved Games\DCS\Kneeboard\AJS37?

Both seem to work just fine, but i'd like to know whether i miss out on some cool functionality that might come with the lua mod version :).

BTW: i really dig the 60/70s yellowish paper typewriter style you have managed to pull off!

When I created the mod, the "lua based" method was the only one working. Nothing more, nothing less.

I was not even aware, that you can now simply put them in the Saved Games folder ;) But that's even better :)

BTW, credit for the background goes to HB. I shamelessly used what was already in the Viggen folder :D :music_whistling:

Ah ok. Have been using the pages for quite some time as simple kneeboard pages like for all other modules. Was not even aware there were issues when you released this. Anyway, thanks again, they look awesome and are pretty handy.

Btw; if you happen to have those pngs collated as a pdf with "no resolution" as a source, would be really nice if you could upload this as well so people can create their own images for the kneeboard at whatever resolution they desire. I think 768x1024 is fine right now, but might be a bit on the low end for 4k sreens etc.

Btw; if you happen to have those pngs collated as a pdf with "no resolution" as a source, would be really nice if you could upload this as well so people can create their own images for the kneeboard at whatever resolution they desire. I think 768x1024 is fine right now, but might be a bit on the low end for 4k sreens etc.

Well, you find the "sources" on github https://github.com/funkyfranky/MyKneeboardsDevel/tree/master/modules/ajs37

But it is still a bit of work to convert it to a final png ;)

• 11 months later...
Thanks a lot

De rien :)

You might want to check out the version on github:

https://github.com/funkyfranky/MyKneeboards

https://github.com/funkyfranky/MyKneeboardsDevel

Especially the Devel version. This contains more source like files. I used gimp and LaTeX in case you are familiar with those.

• 8 months later...
On 2/8/2021 at 4:47 PM, Desert Fox said:

@funkyfranky just found an error in the CK37 input codes list. It says 581 to enable and 580 to disable the TERNAV but its the other way round: 580 to enable and 581 to disable. It's written so in the manual and works that way in sim too.

Thanks, good catch mate @Desert Fox! When I have time, I will correct that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
8 hours ago, DerPilot22 said:

For me this mod doesnt work. The install instructions are outdated and the file names doesnt even match.

take just the image files and drop them into c:\users\<username>\Saved Games\DCS\Kneeboard\AJS37

Edited by LazyBoot

vor 12 Stunden schrieb LazyBoot:

take just the image files and drop them into c:\users\<username>\Saved Games\DCS\Kneeboard\AJS37

I cant find that folder the kneeboard for me is under: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\DCSWorld\Mods\aircraft\AJS37\Cockpit\scripts\KNEEBOARD (disregard steam stuff).

Edit: Created the folder that didn't excist on the named place, worked finally, thx :).

Edited by DerPilot22
  • Like 2