Running OTT 0.86 Beta 1

Super Sampling (1.5)

ASW (Default)

Power Options (High Performance)

Oculus Rift

Windows 10 X64

Samsung 50" UHD curved monitor

Thrustmaster HOTAS well all of it, pedals, HOG throttle, HOG Joystick

DCS World High settings (and tried low and VR settings setup)

Now my system seems to be close to the top of line available.. but the problem I am having is frame rate.. occasionally get to 45fps in VR bur more likely 25 fps and sometimes lower

I have followed read every guide, you tube video, forum I can find but nothing see,s to improve it.. So really confused as to how people are rock steady at 45fps and or 90 with a system spec less that the 1 above..

As an aside in 4K full screen no VR and using Track IR performance is good.. greater than 60Fps constant maxed out.

Is there an idiot sheet that someone has that can guide me further,, to improve performance.

Any advice will be appreciated..

regards

Bob

Ladies / Gents I am genuinely looking for some guidance:

First my system specs:

ASUS X299 Mk 2 Motherboard

Intel i9 9980 Exteme (18Core 36 Thread)

128Gb RAM (3300)

Geforce RTX2080ti

SSD for Operating system (dedicated)

SSD for DCS (dedicated)

Running OTT 0.86 Beta 1

Super Sampling (1.5)

ASW (Default)

Power Options (High Performance)

Oculus Rift

Windows 10 X64

Samsung 50" UHD curved monitor

Thrustmaster HOTAS well all of it, pedals, HOG throttle, HOG Joystick

DCS World High settings (and tried low and VR settings setup)

Now my system seems to be close to the top of line available.. but the problem I am having is frame rate.. occasionally get to 45fps in VR bur more likely 25 fps and sometimes lower

I have followed read every guide, you tube video, forum I can find but nothing see,s to improve it.. So really confused as to how people are rock steady at 45fps and or 90 with a system spec less that the 1 above..

As an aside in 4K full screen no VR and using Track IR performance is good.. greater than 60Fps constant maxed out.

Is there an idiot sheet that someone has that can guide me further,, to improve performance.

Any advice will be appreciated..

regards

Bob

Have you deleted the FXO & Metashaders2 folders after any updates and GPU updates?

i7 8700k @ 5.0ghz. Strix GTX1080Ti. 32GB RAM @ 3600. 2x Hyper X SSD’s with DCS on one. Oculus Rift S. Asus PG278-QR. Liquid Series PC with liquid CPU and GPU cooling.

Clean install and there is no metshaders2 folder on the system anywhere..

Oh, not on the C:/ under saved games? Strange...

i7 8700k @ 5.0ghz. Strix GTX1080Ti. 32GB RAM @ 3600. 2x Hyper X SSD’s with DCS on one. Oculus Rift S. Asus PG278-QR. Liquid Series PC with liquid CPU and GPU cooling.

Sorry quick reply got me there

3: Set core affinity to all cores

4: Found metashaders 2 amd FXO under C:\users\Bob\Saved Games and deleted

So now have a constant 90FPS on ground and constant 45 fps when running a mission with DEfault Super Sampling at 1.7, so will continue to tweak and play but thanks to all those that offered up some assistance, I appreciate the thought and the effort.. Better than the 8-12 I was getting at times.

Sorry quick reply got me there

3: Set core affinity to all cores

4: Found metashaders 2 amd FXO under C:\users\Bob\Saved Games and deleted

So now have a constant 90FPS on ground and constant 45 fps when running a mission with DEfault Super Sampling at 1.7, so will continue to tweak and play but thanks to all those that offered up some assistance, I appreciate the thought and the effort.. Better than the 8-12 I was getting at times.

Spot on mate, pleased it’s all sorted...enjoy!