Question about mapping X52 Pro buttons

Bluelight

Hi,

I am brand new to DCS but not new to sims. I just got the X52 Pro and I thought I would just manually assign all the buttons the way I want within DCS World. I started doing that and quickly realized I needed more buttons and would need to take advantage of the pinky trigger as a modifier. So I manually assigned the pinky trigger as a modifier within DCS World 1.5 and to do that I needed to disable any profiles on the X52.

Now I realize the point of the "mode" switch is to have seperate banks of assignments for the keys also to further expand the amount of buttons you can use. The thing is, I don't see a way to make that work within DCS World.

Am I going about this wrong and should I be actually doing all this in the X52 profiler and not doing anything in DCS World?

It would be nice if there was a profile for DCS World I could atleast start off with and then be able to maybe go into DCS World while using that profile, and then assign the profiled buttons to what I want in DCS World.

If that is confusing, you are not alone.. I confused myself while thinking about it and writing it lol. Any help with the easiest way to go about it would be wonderful.

Thanks,

Bluelight

HTC Vive, Saitek X52 Pro, i7-950 Overclocked to 4ghz, Noctua NH-D14 cooler, ASRock x58 Extreme MB, EVGA GTX 970 FTW, 24GB G Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 RAM, EVGA 650-GQ (650 watts) PSU, Windows 10 Home

I was in the same spot as you and after few patches I realized that I will need a profile in the Saitek profiler or else I will go mad.

Profiles can be shared also so you can check the download section on the dcs website for profiles. I have made my own profiles eventually to suit my own play style.

The best how it worked for me was doing it on fly. For example I have mapped the bare minimum (axis, triggers, etc.) and started flying and then eventually as the missions went on, paused the game and mapped the things I needed at that moment.

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

I actually came back to assigning the buttons ingame. In the programming software I can't assign the pinkie to anything other than being a modifier.

I got used to the pinkie being my NWS on/off and Lase button.

I use the small thumb button on the throttle (don't remember which one it is now) as a modifier.

Coolie hat for trimming, the second 8 way switch on the stick as TMS, 8 way switch on throttle to select through MFD pages and set SOI. Modifier + Coolie for TGP camera movement. Modifier + 2nd 8 way for CMS and modifier + 8 way on throttle for DMS. Works nice with that setup..

"Sieh nur, wie majestätisch du durch die Luft segelst. Wie ein Adler. Ein fetter Adler."

http://www.space-view.net

I use the profiler. I have a different profile for each aircraft so when I load up I just select for eg "A10" or "Ka-50" and all the buttons are ready to go. It has the added benefit of not usually resetting with each update. You can remove the pinky as the shift if you want and make any button the shift button in the profiler. It takes a little learning to use it but once you do it's a very powerful tool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, its a lot of work but I am in the process of finishing up the SU25T profile. I decided to do my own since I want it a certain way.. now I just have to try not to forget what I mapped where in the middle of gameplay lol.

HTC Vive, Saitek X52 Pro, i7-950 Overclocked to 4ghz, Noctua NH-D14 cooler, ASRock x58 Extreme MB, EVGA GTX 970 FTW, 24GB G Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 RAM, EVGA 650-GQ (650 watts) PSU, Windows 10 Home

Thanks guys, its a lot of work but I am in the process of finishing up the SU25T profile. I decided to do my own since I want it a certain way.. now I just have to try not to forget what I mapped where in the middle of gameplay lol.

I use a sheet of paper with the map drawn on. :book:

Very low tech, but it works.

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..