Suggestion: Reduce cockpit frame and improve visibility

yngvef

If you have a problem with the canopy frame you need to move your head around more to see around it. It's what you would do in real life and after a while you will no longer notice the frame at all as it becomes second nature.

The only time I find it a little awkward is in AAR but again not really a problem it's just a bit tricky to see the tanker references as you plug in, again tho ducking your head for a bit works fine.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Edited by WindyTX

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

Some pics from the Speed & Angels movie cockpit video. Mind the fishbowl-effect, camera position slightly up & other unknowns.

I dunno if the canopy frame is correctly modeled in HB's F-14? But I'm sure somebody can do the math.:smartass:

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

I mean. There is a MiG here somewhere...

No wonder with that fov you can't see a thing... unless you have reaaaly big screen to have correct angular sizes.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

No wonder with that fov you can't see a thing... unless you have reaaaly big screen to have correct angular sizes.

Should it be different? It looks more or less the same for me.

Ryzen 5800XD - 32GB RAM - Sapphire RX 7900 XTX - VKB Stuff + MFG Crosswind Pedals

Homebase: Southwest Germany 🇩🇪

Should it be different? It looks more or less the same for me.

The FOV you use is totally up to you. But the smaller angular sizes you get the worse you can see distant objects like aircraft and ground targets.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

It is part of the Tomcat-experience, just like the lagging hud ladder and so forth.. Our SMEs pointed out numerous times that their vision was heavily obscured by the canopy frame, and for them it was even worse, as we lowered the head position a bit to what it was in real life, normal size pilots would basically have the upper front canopy frame right infront of their eyes, so would have to look beneath.

It is one of those things you have to get to terms with, after a while you just won't notice anymore and move your head and maneuver accordingly, etc to keep the tanker, bandit, boat and so forth in view.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/