[CLOSED] Slanted side view when using TiR in latest 1.5.4. OB.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, I am having the same problem, my FOV limits and TIR axises are all off. Tried using my previous view settings and let the beta build its own settings and it doesn't make any difference. Mapped all new controls, no difference. Unchecked the VR box, and did the black screen fix, no difference. I tried swamping settings from other installs, and the input setting from my Alpha install fixed the f-15 cockpit for a bit, but nothing else. Tried to reinstall 3 times and import my alpha settings but couldn't duplicate the fix again. Ended up just downgrading to the previous version and everything works perfect again. There is definitely some kind of a bug with the TIR axis assignment and FOV limits, plus the curves don't seem to have the same effect like they used to.

This happens to me also. Although not right away. Trackir is working correctly for about 15min and then some of the axis has stop working. I think X and forward/backward.

I have noticed this in multiplayer. Not sure if this happens in single player.

[B]*NOB* Lucky[/B] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Tko vrijedi leti, tko leti vrijedi, tko ne leti ne vrijedi

Not all of us have the Mig-21.... please be helpful. :music_whistling:

If you don't have it you should get it :thumbup:

War is easy and is just like riding a bike. Except the bike is on fire and the ground is on fire and you are on fire and you realise you are in hell :joystick:

The problem is with the new VR option. Untick it and TIR should work properly. If you get a black screen you need to go to C:\Users\NAME\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config. Delete the 'options.lua' then repair DCS.

Still black screen after deletion and repair.

GG DCS. Nobody could have thought of testing if TrackIR works. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

My head is sticking in the HUD Glass and I can´t remove it. Can´t see the cockpit at all.

Well, further testing seems to confirm that Track IR does not recognize any axis that isn´t "turn"...so I can "turn" my head left right, up down, and roll side to side.

But I can´t move the head forward, backward, left, right or up down.

So I am stuck in whatever position my head starts in.

All the axis are set up. No other plane does this.

I had this with the Gazelle and M-2000C, haven't tried other planes. Only workaround that worked for me was to use the TrackIR pause option before the starting the game, then once in the cockpit unpause TrackIR, and it all works normally.

The problem is with the new VR option. Untick it and TIR should work properly. If you get a black screen you need to go to C:\Users\NAME\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config. Delete the 'options.lua' then repair DCS.

Yee cant change anything anymore without black screen.

Reaaalyy bad patch in terms of breaking things which should be tested xD.

At first i thought its only 1% with weirdo old hardware or something.

But no, it seems to be more then that . :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

these issues are all over the place, trackIR problems, messed up axis assignments, slanted / tilted horizontal views or unresponsive behavior, black screen after trying to save options. changing the options.lua to disable VR doesnt help. lots of people reporting these problems, crazy that those could have been missed in interntal testing...

Yes, I have that problem too... Black screen after trying to save controls settings. In previous version I succeed to fix it by deleting mirage input mappings in saved games folder and rebind it from scratch, but now it doesn't help.

[B]*NOB* Lucky[/B] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Tko vrijedi leti, tko leti vrijedi, tko ne leti ne vrijedi

these issues are all over the place, trackIR problems, messed up axis assignments, slanted / tilted horizontal views or unresponsive behavior, black screen after trying to save options. changing the options.lua to disable VR doesnt help. lots of people reporting these problems, crazy that those could have been missed in interntal testing...

This is a normal problem in software development.

Development machines, like mine, have plenty of tools that allow them to basically ignore errors like the ones you are experiencing.

So, when you use a development machine to test your work sometimes you miss stuff like this because your computer just says "meh" and keeps working as intended.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

TrackIR seems to got all kinds of screwy this patch.

Some planes are affected, while others seem to be just fine. The M2000 and MiG-21 work just fine for me exactly how they've always worked.

All the FC3 planes, Ka-50, and A-10C have unusual interaction between TIR and the normal numpad view buttons, as well as unusual rotation limits and axes.

• The view limits for TIR have been dramatically shortened. What used to allow me to comfortably look over my shoulder now only gives me ~90 degrees.
  • The numpad keys and mouse view are functional and rotate the view even though I have TIR enabled. This should not happen with TIR enabled. All cockpit movement was previously controlled exclusively by TIR. The only way you used to be able to move the cockpit with TIR enabled was if TIR had no signal.
  • Looking 90 degrees to my side, the world is tilted by about 15 degrees. The axis of rotation seems wrong.
  • Taking off my TIR hat so that TIR no longer has signal and pressing Numpad 5 to recenter the camera and having the camera act as if TIR is off, no longer functions correctly. Instead, doing so will center the camera on whatever the view was last before TIR lost signal. Strangely, centering the camera with Numpad 5 seems to work "correctly" (it shouldn't do anything at all, but it works how you think it might if it did) when TIR is active, which plays into the fact that the numpad/mouse view seem to be operational when using TIR even though they shouldn't be.
  • External view now reads TIR input. External view is not supposed to be influenced by TIR movement. There seems to be some strange overlap between VR input and TIR input because this is something that happens when you wear a VR headset.

I want to make clear that not all aircraft are affected. Of the modules I own, only the FC3, Ka-50, and A-10C have these issues. Both the Mirage and MiG-21 have their normal view limits, no numpad movement, and no external camera TIR movement as they always have. It seems only ED developed modules are affected.

My TIR profiles have not changed (this is what it feels like on affected planes, but something in DCS has changed). My TIR profile is set correctly, and the fact that I can switch to Mirage/MiG-21 have it work correctly, and then get in a FC3 plane and not have it work correctly anymore proves that it is an issue with DCS.

Setting VR options on/off seems to have no effect on this.

Here are also the screenshots that Skate requested to prove that my controls are setup correctly. This is not a control issue, there is something off with how DCS is applying TIR movement.

O18MlSt.jpg

HAlo4CH.jpg

m7dI6fr.jpg

Edited by Why485

I personally gave up and reverted, I'll wait for an hotfix or the next update. It's strange how only end users are affected, and not devs or testers. My guess is something went wrong with the compiling or packaging of the public version.

Try this to fix the black screen issue:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2821188&postcount=39

This worked for me. I deleted the options.lua and relaunched DCS (wile changing a parameter in the options each time) several times without success and then pulled the deleted file from the recycle bin and added the lines and put the file back in and was up and running.

I actually have had this issue for a while with the stable build but there was a work around, now I know the fix.

JD

AKA_MattE

Edited by Jugdriver

I have the same problems with trackIR as the others have described. Just wanted to add that in case there is any doubt whether this is a widespread problem ..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro