Reflective Sabres!

==Wiggy==

The F-86F still uses Specular + JSON, it does not use PBR RoughMets yet.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

It's my skin and I didn't make it so shiny on purpose. If you look at original photos taken in Korea they were nowhere nearly so shiny as the ones you see at airshows today.

Would you mind if i use your Spec files on our skin, i love your work

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

The F-86F still uses Specular + JSON, it does not use PBR RoughMets yet.

Oh. I was under the impression that 2.0 was/is PBR compliant? Are you able to define which which models use what rendering mode? Ok then! At any rate, I used the SDK from War Thunder to learn how this stuff works. And it works precisely as described there. I don't know what JSON. It's, but it must be very similar to PBR? Or at least uses the same texture structure? I don't know, I'm asking.... I'm still very new to this scene.

Cheers,

Rick

CSEL\CMEL\IFR

Certified Airplane Nut

The Engine uses Deferred Shading and New/Future Models will be PBR Compatible, while existing models will either be converted to PBR (ie P-51D), or Use the Specular + JSON File to Convert the Specular Input to a PBR Compliant output. (F-86F)

The Benefits of Straight PBR RoughMets over SPECULAR+JSON are:

-More control over Material/Object Levels than you would w/ the Specular+JSON File (per pixel vs per texture)

-More Accurate Representation of Materials (Specular + JSON can have a lot of guesswork due to contrast and output values set in the JSON, w/ RoughMet everything uses the Global PBR Standard)

-Use of vast Internet Library of PBR Materials (ie freepbr.com).

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Skins look really great !!

But I have no clue on how and where to install them.

I probably missed it somewhere in the forum, but ..can someone give me instructions please ?

Thanks already.

It's very easy, just go to your coremods folder in DCS world, locate the F-86 > Liveries> install here

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

Here's my take on active duty base metal...refined the color a bit more. Again, if anyone knows a way to be able to eliminate the number decals ie: FU-"XXX" let me know!

25451986698_f7774f7953_o.jpg

25451986978_32e5e233ce_o.jpg

38613237334_e56d102693_o.jpg

38613236344_1538f3cd16_o.jpg

Edited by 000rick000

Cheers,

Rick

CSEL\CMEL\IFR

Certified Airplane Nut

The red flares.... 36FBS, my dad's outfit. The reflectiveness of the skin is dependent on dirt, smudge, buffing compound (if used), scoring and scratching from harsh polishing (dull shine), and even oxidation or combinations of the above. You'll get different degrees of glare, reflection, mirror, brightness depending on all those things.

I think the OP's work is fantastic. Now, whatever condition of the skin it represents is debatable, because you'd have to show, by comparison, just what method of upkeep that particular bird fell under, and what changes it experienced from time to time.

I like the work. Looks great to me. Set it and forget it. :thumbup: But a dull, less mirror-like representation would work, too. Maybe work something up for the nay-sayers. The appearance varied according to pop.

If you find that my skins are inaccurate, everyone is welcome to not use them, and download other skins they find more accurate. But using a skin I put countless hours in making, stating it's wrong, and changing it to their taste saying "here, this is what it should look like" - I think it crosses a few borders.

PS:

006e7fbb0f4c1e7e962206f1b7bcdd12.jpg

Dogs of War Squadron

Call sign "HeadHunter" P-51D /Spitfire Jockey

Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR /Q9650 3.6Ghz | 16GB DDR3 1600 RipJaws | EVGA GTX-1060 ACX3 FTW | ThrustMaster 16000m & G13 GamePad w/analog rudder stick | TurtleBeach EarForce PX22 | Track IR5 | Vizio 40" 4K TV monitor (stuck temporarily with an Acer 22" :( )

Here's my take on active duty base metal...refined the color a bit more. Again, if anyone knows a way to be able to eliminate the number decals ie: FU-"XXX" let me know!

You have to change the BORT numbers to false in the description lua file

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

The red flares.... 36FBS, my dad's outfit. The reflectiveness of the skin is dependent on dirt, smudge, buffing compound (if used), scoring and scratching from harsh polishing (dull shine), and even oxidation or combinations of the above. You'll get different degrees of glare, reflection, mirror, brightness depending on all those things.

I think the OP's work is fantastic. Now, whatever condition of the skin it represents is debatable, because you'd have to show, by comparison, just what method of upkeep that particular bird fell under, and what changes it experienced from time to time.

I like the work. Looks great to me. Set it and forget it. :thumbup: But a dull, less mirror-like representation would work, too. Maybe work something up for the nay-sayers. The appearance varied according to pop.

Yes, there is so much variability in exterior skin surfaces. I will do one that is not so reflective as well. This one isn't that reflective yet... Certainly not warbird airshow level. But goodness knows i'd love to do one like that! ;-)

Cheers,

Rick

CSEL\CMEL\IFR

Certified Airplane Nut

Just need to change out the helmet for Jabara's Red and white striped one, and I'll call this one complete. I'll include this white helmet with early USAF insignia as an optional texture as well as Yellow, plain Red, and black as part of the package. I'll also make the bare metal scheme available.

24497275307_da64572d3a_o.jpg

39361525301_b56a26bd01_o.jpg

25492524358_1575a8822f_o.jpg

39332055582_eecbe43a8d_o.jpg

39361525251_76eef1ccbd_o.jpg

24497275097_412bfe71fe_o.jpg

Cheers,

Rick

CSEL\CMEL\IFR

Certified Airplane Nut