VSN flyable aircraft mods

Does anyone know how I can change or re-texture the canopy glass in the VSN Tornado as all I can see is a very clear glass? (needs some reflection or something?)

Thankyou.

UPDATE: Sorted out how to do it now. Answer not required anymore.

RSAF1.jpg

Edited by Jason32
  • Like 1

Take a look into (Saved Games path) ..\VSN_Tornado v2.8.0.01 FC3 SFM\mods\aircraft\VSN_Tornado\Liveries\VSN_TornadoGR4\bb of 14 squadron raf lossiemouth there you´ll find

cockp-glass-standart.dds. Work with that.

• Like 1

Regards / Grüße

Neo

-- Core i7 2600 @4,5 GHz | ASRock P67 Professional | 16 GB RAM | GeForce RTX 2070 | SB X-Fi | 250 GB SSD + 1 GB SSD + 2 TB HD | WIN 10 Pro | TM Warthog | VPC WarBRD base | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip | WINWING F/A-18 H.O.T.A.S | MFG Crosswind | TIR5 | HELIOS --

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Urbi:

once you figure it out, it will be the solution of a false for your liveries. I still want to give you a tip. the texture has a size of 64x128 pixels, nothing can be done with it. the texture has neither a spec nor a roughmet. ED uses some assignment that makes the glass mirror. Furthermore, the texture is not only used for the Tornado. I changed the rextur so that it now has a pixel size of 1024x2048. this should be copied to the temp folder for use by everyone who uses it. Since a created roughmet is not available, it automatically overwrites the spec and also remains in the event of an update, I have also created this. this also has a violet color but it is not as strong as it is now. it can be tried by copying the contents of the zip to the main directory of DCS. If you want a better look for the AI planes from ED in general, you can install my roughmet textures.  

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ebv2s8io5yhk6ez/RoughMet.rar?dl=0

cockp-glass-standart.zip 3.72 MB · 0 Downloads

Thank you mate!
Very helpful.

👍

In new VSN F4 Standalone after new patches i cannot communicate with my flight and tanker despite changing my frequencies manualy. i can communicate tower and awacs but not with my wingman flight and tanker 

Edited by Somu
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Somu said:

In new VSN F4 Standalone after new patches i cannot communicate with my flight and tanker despite changing my frequencies manualy. i can communicate tower and awacs but not with my wingman flight and tanker 

Yup. I was just coming here to report the same problem. Cannot communicate with my flight/wingman, but ATC/Tower comms work fine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, for me the F-35 and YF-12 work very good, but as soon as I try to fly the Tornado mods, I don't see a cockpit, but I basically sit on the nosecone. I already ran the script file to set the avionics to SU-25T. Any other ideas?

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/26/2023 at 2:38 AM, Doc3908 said:

A bit late to the party - just picked up the F-4 and tried it out. All in all, it's an interesting mod and has a lot of potential. Kudos to the developers!

Anyone playing this in VR??? There's a whole lot of shaking, in the air, on the ground, and even when the engines are turned off. The flight model doesn't bother me - I like the challenge of testing the limits of what I can get away with. But this shaking is ruining the experience for me. Anyone else experience this? Anyone have a solution? 

Yesterday I installed the F-4 Mod for the first time, using the latest Mod version and the latest DCS OB (ST) and I experienced the same behaviour from the start. I tried the first 2 training missions for cold start and taxi/take-off and without even the engines running the cockpit view and several gauges were shaking like hell. I used Opentrack with a Delan-Clip and didn't see any jitter on that device. Doing the taxi/take-off mission the shaking was much less or even gone as soon as the jet starts moving and I gave some controls inputs. But as soon as I did no inputs some shaking was back again.

I also had some sudden pitch ups while flying steady level. As my VCP stick and base are not known for exposing sudden inputs themself I wonder if something is going on in the controls configuration that causes the shaking as well as those uncommanded pitch up?

As I am used to clean all controls configurations and set each one from the scratch I am quite sure that I don't have double inputs anywhere...

Maybe someone has a clue what's going on here with this Mod and DCS?

Primary for DCS and other flightsims: i9 12900K@default OC on MSI Z790 Tomahawk (MS-7D91) | 64 GB DDR5-5600 | Asus TUF RTX3090 Gaming OC | 1x 38"@3840x1600 | 1x 27"@2560x1440 | Windows10Pro64

Spoiler

Secondary: i7 11700k@5.1GHz on MSI Z590 Gaming Force MB| 64 GB DDR4-3200 | PowerColor RX6900XTU Red Devil | 1x 32"@2560*1440 + 1x24"@1980*1200 | Windows10Pro64

Backup: i7 6700K@4.8GHz | 64 GB DDR4-2400 | PowerColor RX5700XT Red Devil | SSD-500/1000GB | 1x49" 32:9 Asus X49VQ 3840x1080 | Windows10Pro64

Flightsim Input Devices: VPC: ACE2 Rudder / WarBRD Base / T-50CM2 Base with 50mm ext. / Alpha-R, Mongoos T-50CM, WarBRD and VFX Grip / T-50CM3 Throttle | VPC Sharka-50 + #2 Controle Panel | TM Cougar MFD-Frames| Rift S - Secondary: TM HOTAS WARTHOG/Cougar Throttle+Stick, F-18-Grip | TM TPR Rudder | DelanClip/PS3-CAM IR-Tracker

On 5/13/2023 at 4:41 AM, schmiefel said:

Yesterday I installed the F-4 Mod for the first time, using the latest Mod version and the latest DCS OB (ST) and I experienced the same behaviour from the start. I tried the first 2 training missions for cold start and taxi/take-off and without even the engines running the cockpit view and several gauges were shaking like hell. I used Opentrack with a Delan-Clip and didn't see any jitter on that device. Doing the taxi/take-off mission the shaking was much less or even gone as soon as the jet starts moving and I gave some controls inputs. But as soon as I did no inputs some shaking was back again.

I also had some sudden pitch ups while flying steady level. As my VCP stick and base are not known for exposing sudden inputs themself I wonder if something is going on in the controls configuration that causes the shaking as well as those uncommanded pitch up?

As I am used to clean all controls configurations and set each one from the scratch I am quite sure that I don't have double inputs anywhere...

Maybe someone has a clue what's going on here with this Mod and DCS?

schmiefel,

Did you also download the patch for the F-4?  If not go to the first post in this topic, use the VSN link and look for the F-4 patch download.   Some of what you are describing was addressed by the patch.

seabat

Edited by seabat

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Wild_Weasel_31 said:

What is the problem?

If you press the "New" button, are you able to create new loadouts?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

17 hours ago, Wild_Weasel_31 said:

Yes, but still not able to see any weapons

Just tried the Su-34, and on my case it does allows me to create and save new loadouts (the aircraft has no default loadouts):

3ZyMfIm.jpg

However, it seems that this is an old Mod, back from DCS 2.5, and it does have issues, for example its wheels sink into the ground:

wGPvrzO.jpg

And the cockpit interior textures are missing. Try to ask for support at VSN's Discord:

https://discord.gg/HGM8FGwy

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Urbi said:

"As with most fighter aircraft, they tend to get heavier as the user needs more capability than the original design can deliver. In this case, the light weight G.91 needed more range, loiter time and weapons. Enter the G.91Y. Going from a single engine to two engines, the G.91Y nearly doubled its empty and max take off weights while increasing range and navigational capabilities. External ordinance capacity increased from 1000lbs to 4000lbs. Like its predecessor, the G.91Y also competed against some of what the world had to offer in 1965 but in the end only the Italian Air Force used this aircraft. The “Yankee” version of the G.91 would serve from 1966 to 1995."

https://reviews.ipmsusa.org/review/g91y-yankee

Interesting read - My question was does anyone know if they released those additional Liveries, and where can they be found if they did ?

Edited by crazyeddie

Am 31.7.2023 um 22:10 schrieb crazyeddie:

Interesting read - My question was does anyone know if they released those additional Liveries, and where can they be found if they did ?

NO, never saw any other than the ones in release pack. 
BTW, thw skins in the release pack, covers all G.91Y squadrons wich flew the yankee.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

About the F-4B and C

'm doing something stupid I think. I'm finding it impossible to either get a tone or hear a tone on the AIM-9s. Now I know that you are reliant on the seeker head and it isn't queued by the radar. And the tech is old gen....But even an all aspect 9L/P/PS can't get a tone on a low aspect MIG-21 in a straight up climb at 1-2 miles.

Edited by DelRoy

Does anybody know how to add R.530 to VSN's Mirage III? With most other weapons, you can find that coded line in the lua file of a model which uses that weapon and then you copy/paste it to the other airplane's lua. But R.530 doesn't seem to have that code, I've looked in Mirage F1's lua and it's not there (unlike many other weapons used by that module).

Thanks!