Updater version 2.6.8.41

Azrayen

Hello,

Juste got the updater 2.6.8.41.

Very happy about the ability to copying existing files from any DCS installation.

attachment.php?attachmentid=129722&stc=1&d=1449521162

Two questions to c0ff:

1/ Can you confirm the path is recovered from HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eagle Dynamics\<INSTANCE> => Path key

(<INSTANCE> being either DCS World or DCS World 2 OpenAlpha or DCS World OpenBeta)

2/ What about dcs_local_source.txt? Is it now ignored? Prioritized before the registry search? Prioritized after the registry search?

Thanks in advance :)

= = = = = =

For casual readers: This new ability means that, if you already have... say... 25GB of Nevada downloaded (or 2GB of DCS 2.0), you won't need to download it again when it's released to stable version.

You'll only need to download the (much smaller) updates, but the biggest part will simply be copied from your open-alpha or open-beta version.

:thumbup:

Regards,

Az'

2.6.8_41.jpg.8c32439abbba26f66f824c6e392ff06d.jpg

spacer.png

• ED Team

The priorities are:

1) dcs_local_source.txt

2) HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\Path

3) HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Path

4) HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Path

Each existing path is inspected only once. I.e. if you dcs_local_source.txt points to the release install, then step4 will be skipped because this path matches the one from step1.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

• 1 month later...

Can I enter those paths myself?

I have installed SSDs but reinstalled Windows 7 anew. To save the large downloads, I simply copied both v1.5 and and 2.0 OA to the new SSD and reactivated all modules.

So far, everything has worked well, but there is, of course, no updater info in the registry (or any path to DCS World) - just the activation info for each module.

I've run the updater, but it doesn't put it's path into the registry, and of course, the update logs are showing the old path, which was the same for the open alpha, but different for 1.5

I'm just a little concerned it may not pick up future updates for 1.5

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2