[BUG] CTD MP - Page 9 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-23-2019, 07:49 PM   #81
Cobra847
3rd Party Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisofsweden View Post
Honestly this is starting to get ridiculous. An eight pages thread about a showstopper bug and still not a word from officials since April 15th? Come on HB, isn't it time for some kind of statement about this at least?
Here we go;
  • This bug is actually very rare, despite this long thread. E.g.; none of our 30+ internal testers can reproduce it, nor can anyone in the development team.
  • There is an issue with ED's DRM that basically means that we don't get any crashlogs from CTDs (hence why the game just "disappears"). This is an absolutely critical issue and we've raised it with them. Without a crashlog, we don't even have any idea where to begin looking.
  • Predicated on point two, we're trying to nail this down and fix it. We've even asked testers to just focus on this issue and try to get us a crashdump to no avail. We may get in touch with one of you directly soon to try and nail this down using alternate, DRM-free binaries.

In summary, we're working on it and we'll be taking drastic measures shortly.

Founder & Lead Artist
Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/
Cobra847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 07:54 PM   #82
SaladParty

I think we'll all be willing to help fix this.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
SaladParty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 08:45 PM   #83
huppel

Don't think it is such a very rare problem and shouldn't be so hard to reproduce. Just take the first mission of the "Operation Persian Gauntlet - Jane's F-15 Iran Campaign Reimagined (F-14B)" campaign and it happens 4 out of 5 times trying to lock/shoot down the helicopters (single player, no multiplayer needed), at least for me and other people reporting this problem with this mission.

Best regards, Marcel
huppel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 09:05 PM   #84
IronMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by huppel View Post
Don't think it is such a very rare problem and shouldn't be so hard to reproduce. Just take the first mission of the "Operation Persian Gauntlet - Jane's F-15 Iran Campaign Reimagined (F-14B)" campaign and it happens 4 out of 5 times trying to lock/shoot down the helicopters (single player, no multiplayer needed), at least for me and other people reporting this problem with this mission.

Best regards, Marcel
Thank you, I will try to see if I can get a crash dump with this mission, of course, since this has been an issue particular to this mission of this campaign from the get go, it might be mission and not F-14 related, but it is a good idea an worth a try.

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

IronMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 08:06 AM   #85
chrisofsweden

Thanks for replying HeatBlur guys. Good to know you're onto it still. As I have previously also posted, if there's anything we that are having these CTD's can do to aid you in pinpointing the issue(s) I'm sure all of us would assist in any way we can.
chrisofsweden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 08:15 AM   #86
-Painter-

Hearing about the CTDs a lot on Blueflagersian Gulf.
I have it very rare myself. A guy in our squad does have it like every day when he flies the cat - he flies the aircraft a bit more agressive than I do.
On Blueflag it seems like if you have 5 people flying the cat, some with RIO, some with Jester, 1 out of 5 will see a CTD.
Old 06-24-2019, 09:03 AM   #87
Schmidtfire

Hope that this issue finally can be pinpointed and resolved. I have pretty much left the F-14B parked as I don’t want to worry about getting CTD during a SP mission or in multiplayer.
Schmidtfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 01:33 PM   #88
Super Grover

I want to thank huppel for suggesting that mission, and everyone for reporting their crashes. I've finally managed to trigger a CTD using that mission, and it's probably the weirdest DCS crash I've ever seen. It's a mix of a very specific avionics setup, plus the environment, plus some static objects in the vicinity of the aircraft. But the key was some partially initialized static objects - like the oil rigs, gas stations, etc. That's why some of you experienced those crashes, while the other didn't - it was very mission specific.

So at least one source of the CTDs is fixed. I can't guarantee that it was the only reason of the CTDs you got, but I can say that at least this one is going to be fixed for you on Wednesday.

Heatblur Simulations
Super Grover is online now   Reply With Quote