DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread

NineLine

So, that's a negatory. Got it.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Nineline! :thumbup: I missed that... :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

I wonder how many grey hairs have turned up on the ED staff trying to get this patch ready? Take a break, do a team outing and crack open a few cold ones!

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

I wonder how many grey hairs have turned up on the ED staff trying to get this patch ready? Take a break, do a team outing and crack open a few cold ones!

Seriously!! I work in IT as well. I feel bad for these guys. It's so rough when crap like this comes up and you have the whole planet knocking your door down.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.Vcw13.com

Asus Z270 Prime-A | i7-7700k | 32G Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 | EVGA RTX 2080ti | 2x 960 EVO M.2 in RAID 0 | 500GB SSD | Thrustmaster Warthog | Pimax 5K Plus

https://www.youtube.com/c/OverKillSims

Seriously!! I work in IT as well. I feel bad for these guys. It's so rough when crap like this comes up and you have the whole planet knocking your door down.

It's their fault ... next time Wags must be naughtier !!!!! The first time he should say:

"We have found an issue, and we can offer 50% VR improvements, but the required work is so HUGE, it will take 6 months"

And then you deliver in 3 months, and everyone is congratulating you because you did in half the time, and you don't have to Crunch.

A proffesor told us once "For software development ETA, you must multiply x2, and go to the higher time unit", so if you estimate it will take 1 week, you say 2 months.

And is the bestthing I have ever learned about software development :lol::lol:

A proffesor told us once "For software development ETA, you must multiply x2, and go to the higher time unit", so if you estimate it will take 1 week, you say 2 months.

And is the best thing I have ever learned about software development :lol::lol:

That is brilliant! I've never worked in the field and I can still "feel" the frustration of devs in these kind of circumstances when there are i..*ahem* people saying all manner of "unkind words in regard to their character".

It's no wonder devs never want to give us good news or guesses on timelines. The community promises that they understand that sometimes things don't work out, or that timelines slip, and then sure enough people are raging at them when exactly those things happen.

As for you guys Wags, the vast majority of us appreciate your hard work and make sure to keep our excitement in check under these circumstances. I've got instant email notifications going on this thread and the "update" thread, but no matter how long it takes I'll still appreciate the effort going into it and feel bad for the abuse you get for your effort from the vocal minority in times like these.

PS- Wags, you going out on a limb a while back and telling us that a 50% boost to performance was coming "soon" was just in time to save me from buying a GPU upgrade I could ill-afford. Thanks to that I stuck with my GTX 1080, so thank you.

Edited by TripRodriguez

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Demo of my 6DOF Motion VR Sim:

And is the bestthing I have ever learned about software development :lol::lol:

Don't forget that Professors don't develop for a living. They don't live in the real world, with cut budgets and top management squeezing a project to impress stockholders. In their mind they have a full budget, and all the time in the world to do all aspects of a project.

He was right to tell students to double their estimate because there are many unknowns and unforeseen things that can go wrong. When you are inexperienced(student) you are not as good at estimating as you are with 10 years under your belt. Then you don't need to double your estimate. You know what kinds of things can go wrong, and even know that things you don't know can go wrong.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

When you are inexperienced(student) you are not as good at estimating as you are with 10 years under your belt. Then you don't need to double your estimate. You know what kinds of things can go wrong, and even know that things you don't know can go wrong.

That's not True, every game studio has delays, Rockstar Games delayed "GTA V" 3 times.

Maybe that's true for people developping websites based on templates, but making complex software, no matter how many years of experience you have, you can't have a good estimate.

The more innovative is what you make, bigger is the potential delay it can come from unforeseen circustancies.

Some game studios have a way of complying with dates, it's releasing the game incomplete and with bugs, but that's worst than a delay.

Just a little update from Matt on another thread...

Hey everyone,

We are still working on a number of blocking bugs for the next Open Beta and that we need to resolve them before release. We don't have a specific day or time, but the team is working very hard to have the Open Beta cleaned up for a release as soon as possible.

When we know more, myself or Nineline will be sure to let you know.

Thanks

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

That's not True, every game studio has delays, Rockstar Games delayed "GTA V" 3 times.

Maybe that's true for people developping websites based on templates, but making complex software, no matter how many years of experience you have, you can't have a good estimate.

The more innovative is what you make, bigger is the potential delay it can come from unforeseen circustancies.

Some game studios have a way of complying with dates, it's releasing the game incomplete and with bugs, but that's worst than a delay.

Agreed! I'm 39 years old and his formula looks about right to me!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OB changelog updated. No sign of VR fix.

Really, really disappointing!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Yep, a bit disappointing. I was sure, if we get an update today this will be because of the VR-improvements.

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

But F-18 updates made it so I am happy! :cheer3nc::thumbsup:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

Can't you guys just be grateful that we're actually getting an update?

You're not the only ones looking forward to the VR update, however, if it's not ready, it's not ready.

Comments like "lame" are just downright insulting in the context of where we are.

Please, learn some patience and be happy that we actually get regular updates.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Can't you guys just be grateful that we're actually getting an update?

You're not the only ones looking forward to the VR update, however, if it's not ready, it's not ready.

Comments like "lame" are just downright insulting in the context of where we are.

Please, learn some patience and be happy that we actually get regular updates.

+1

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

Really, really disappointing!

They know what a big deal that fix is, I'm sure they are busting their butts trying to get it out A.S.A.P. so let's not punish them for their effort.

This isn't directed specifically at you Imacken, you are just the most recent to comment so please don't be offended!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]