Laser GBU12 and TGP how to now? Dude and Auto crossed

oho

How do I lase a target with the TGP for a GBU12 with the latest TGP update?

I set GBUs to Auto mode

I set the Laser code to 1688 for the bombs,

switch all laser knobs (right from the flir knob) to on

designate target with waypoint

-> flir moves to the target

I make fine adjustment

push DMS right to the right DDI -> area mode

I fly to the target, I can see the vertical line but the Auto indication is crossed out, above Auto I see "FLIR" and under Auto I see Dude.

Before the last update I had to push DMS right for lasing, but that's occupied by the TGP feature -> Area -> Point.

When I push the pickle button nothing happens, also when I hit TMS up to designate also when I push the gun-trigger.

What did I miss?

Like Flagrum said, set your efuse to instant. Make sure your LTDR switch is in the on position (it can switch off by itself now) and make sure you hold the release button for the auto release to work. DUD could also be displayed if you're outside launch parameters, like being too low.

The pod will auto lase for you now, you don't have to lase with the trigger. (It never was SCS switch to lase) You'll see a LASER countdown after you've dropped telling you when the pod will begin auto-lasing. It only provides the bomb terminal guidance now.

I just went back to Stable after being frustrated with OB. So am relearning the TGP stuff and all the new functions and mechanization.

The one thing that is bugging me is the laser arm switch turns off after every release and I have to rearm the laser and select the trigger each time I want to do a GBU-12 drop. Is this normal? Does it work like this IRL? I would not think a physical switch in the cockpit console would flip itself off after every release.

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

Also, I am not getting a countdown to impact on the HUD after release. Isn't that also supposed to be there?

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

Yes it's a spring loaded auto release switch. This is how it works in the real aircraft.

OK fair enough. Seems odd though that you would be forced to rearm it each time. I can see a lot of Switch errors happening in stressful situations like an immediate reattack.

I've encountered a different problem today... gbu-12s just wouldn't release (whether in CCIP or Auto, didn't make a difference).

Master arm was on, efuze inst, mfuze off, correct laser code, target designated with TPOD... freaking bombs just wouldn't drop.

I tried it with trigger, with weapon release buttons (even holding them for a few seconds)...nada

Does the mfuze need to be set now? I'm pulling my hair, trying to figure out what I missed... laser mavs worked just fine...

This has happened to other people in the server I was playing... is this a new bug or something?

Edited by Hardcard

OK fair enough. Seems odd though that you would be forced to rearm it each time. I can see a lot of Switch errors happening in stressful situations like an immediate reattack.
its a safety feature to stop it burning out

Maybe your designated waypoint have an elevation above the ground.

Make sure your waypoints elevation are on the ground.

Or

Before you commence your attack. Unbox the waypoint and follow the diamond.

Another question for the Hornet drivers here..... is it a real function to have to put the laster code in for each bomb in the SMS? Not sure what that would accomplish since there is no interface between the bomb and the jet and certainly no way to change the bomb's laser code once airborne. Is it simply a placeholder to tell the pilot which bomb has which PRF code?

Another question for the Hornet drivers here..... is it a real function to have to put the laster code in for each bomb in the SMS? Not sure what that would accomplish since there is no interface between the bomb and the jet and certainly no way to change the bomb's laser code once airborne. Is it simply a placeholder to tell the pilot which bomb has which PRF code?

That part of the Hornet is not true to life. The same goes for the A10. I think they did it so you could still use the JTAC (the AI JTAC in-game can't change the laser code).

That part of the Hornet is not true to life. The same goes for the A10. I think they did it so you could still use the JTAC (the AI JTAC in-game can't change the laser code).

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks.

The auto lasing in the open beta certainly makes things easier... But then I'm seeing quite often that the TTI counter reaches zero, then 5 or 10 seconds later the switch jumps to off, but my bomb. Is still maybe 5 or 10 seconds before impact. That's annoying.

How do I lase a target with the TGP for a GBU12 with the latest TGP update?

I set GBUs to Auto mode

I set the Laser code to 1688 for the bombs,

switch all laser knobs (right from the flir knob) to on

designate target with waypoint

-> flir moves to the target

I make fine adjustment

push DMS right to the right DDI -> area mode

In case your designated WP isn't really close to your target, you maybe want to designate your FLIR-target to have the CCRP calculated for your target instead of the WP.

I fly to the target, I can see the vertical line but the Auto indication is crossed out, above Auto I see "FLIR" and under Auto I see Dude.

I figure that's been clarified in the previous posts...

Before the last update I had to push DMS right for lasing, but that's occupied by the TGP feature -> Area -> Point.

1. as you use Warthog terminology, it's hard to help because no one knows what you have mapped to the DMS. Try Hornet terminology to describe what you do (i think you're talking about the SCS?). Same goes for TMS up (Stick) - that's all A-10 talk... Again, no idea how your HOTAS is mapped, but to designate a target you normally use TDC-depress (Throttle)

2. SCS to the direction of the corresponding DDI has put the focus on that DDI/sensor before the update as well. And the laser had been on the trigger ever since. Only change is the added auto-mode and the auto-laser-off after impact.

When I push the pickle button nothing happens, also when I hit TMS up to designate also when I push the gun-trigger.

What did I miss?

From what you write I'd guess you mix up some A-10 and F/A-18 procedures maybe?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5