Laser rockets

mtd2811

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you forget to set the fuze by any chance? I forget this sometimes and am wondering why i missed my target. I tried them right now and had no problems hitting my targets, deadly as always i would say.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Fuse is on

It just doesn’t track for some reason. Did you try mp or sp? Mine was MP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SP for me, it's very rare i'm on MP

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

The BRM has a short range compare to the initial release, a safe range is below 5nm for a sure hit.

If you fired too far away or manoeuver too hard(it use laser beam riding scheme at now), the rocket will lose the track.

Deka Ironwork Tester Team

The BRM has a short range compare to the initial release, a safe range is below 5nm for a sure hit.

If you fired too far away or manoeuver too hard(it use laser beam riding scheme at now), the rocket will lose the track.

I was below 5nm and shoot cue also appears. They wont track (will repair the module and see what is what)

I was below 5nm and shoot cue also appears. They wont track (will repair the module and see what is what)

IE. If you are diving down to shoot the RBM, and you pull up hard and fast right after the launch, Rocket may lose guidance because the laser beam is too fast for the rocket to catch up with.

IE. If you are diving down to shoot the RBM, and you pull up hard and fast right after the launch, Rocket may lose guidance because the laser beam is too fast for the rocket to catch up with.

Thanks my dude

I retested in SP and they tracked fine.

In MP i was in the TTI server and wouldn’t track. Thats with the drone lasing and yes i had the correct codes on rockets and pod.

I will retest in MP and let you know.

Ps: I uploaded the PC pilot 90/100 at hoggit yesterday:) again well done and keep it up!

Thats with the drone lasing and yes i had the correct codes on rockets and pod.

The current scheme for BRM is based on VIKHR, which is laser beam riding. So buddy laser may not work well in most scenario.

The current scheme for BRM is based on VIKHR, which is laser beam riding. So buddy laser may not work well in most scenario.

Fyi it was working before the last patch in TTI and Fraternity servers.

So maybe the last patch changed something?

BRM-90's definitely do not work as previously. They seem to be maneuvering far more erratically and miss most of the times. Tested a couple times from steep attacks, shallow attacks, point track or area track. The rockets are not reliably hitting targets at all. All on done on MP.

BRM-90's definitely do not work as previously. They seem to be maneuvering far more erratically and miss most of the times. Tested a couple times from steep attacks, shallow attacks, point track or area track. The rockets are not reliably hitting targets at all. All on done on MP.

Yep, they baounce needlessly around the laser, no matter the wind condition or ownship maneuvers (or lack thereof). Maybe ED somehow changed something with the guidance API since I don't see any changes to the rocket itself in the .lua file.

Foxwl,

Are you working with ED to put a remedy on this? I don't think it's a big deal to adapt LGB logic to a rocket, plus the su-25 has several laser guided rocket functional

There is SALH scheme in DCS, but the rocket won't spin for this scheme.

And the wpn should be spining in filght, so VIKHR's scheme is used after considering all these adv. and disadv.

Watch out your speed and G pulling.

Remember this is a beam riding wpn, and it is only a 90mm rocket, not a big missile like S-25,even the vikhr has a diameter of 130mm.

These means:

1. BRM won't have a very long range(in fact, quite short, 5-8km in RL), if you shoot too far away(when JEFF was released, it can shoot 8nm), the rocket will lose all its energy to track and fly.

2.Beam riding need the missile stay INSIDE the laser beam. If you fired and pull up, the laser beam(the LOS of your plane and target) is greatly changed. thus the rocket has to follow the beam to pull up, it can not fly a straight line to the target like a SALH missile. Now think again the small rocket's initial speed, the BRM will miss, if you fired too far / pull up too hard.

Watch out your speed and G pulling.

Remember this is a beam riding wpn, and it is only a 90mm rocket, not a big missile like S-25,even the vikhr has a diameter of 130mm.

These means:

1. BRM won't have a very long range(in fact, quite short, 5-8km in RL), if you shoot too far away(when JEFF was released, it can shoot 8nm), the rocket will lose all its energy to track and fly.

2.Beam riding need the missile stay INSIDE the laser beam. If you fired and pull up, the laser beam(the LOS of your plane and target) is greatly changed. thus the rocket has to follow the beam to pull up, it can not fly a straight line to the target like a SALH missile. Now think again the small rocket's initial speed, the BRM will miss, if you fired too far / pull up too hard.

The thing is, even if you fly perfectly straight to the target by placing the plane's Velocity Vector on the target, the BRM will start bouncing around the laser eratically where it didn't prior to the patch.

Before, the missile would ride the laser pretty well, where even if I turned perpendicular to the target, the BRM would stay perfectly in the middle of my TGP display as it made its way down.

Now it bounces as though the TGP turns off the laser intermittently, and the missile loses and reacquires the beam and tries to correct it's flight path.

OK, I've further tested the BRM, and the rocket range/speed is somehow lower again. If you fire over 4NM, the rocket will pull very high pitch in the roll at terminal phase. If you fired at 4.8nm+, the rocket will roll ridiculous and likely to miss.

The problem has been reported to the team, the engineer will look into it.

Thx for the report.

This seems like a major problem that’s being caused by a guidance system that’s not even correct for the weapon. It’s not supposed to beam ride anyway so why not make it the proper guidance and there won’t be this problem? Who cares if it doesn’t spin? Is the spin actually affecting its ballistics/aerodynamics or is it just cosmetic?

Yes, we DO care its dynamics.

We can wait semi-active laser guidance, but can not accept wrong dynamics.

Hi mate just to confirm.

Both sp and mp:

1. When i self laze the rockets track fine

2. When I have a jtac or drone lazing under LSS it will not find/lock

Can you also try item 2 and check it?

Many thanks

Ps: Laser tracking was working before the last patch and tested in the TTI server

It is beamrider as has been explained, you can not buddy laze.

Beamrider means that rocket must have laser behind it, as it is literally flying inside the laser beam that is just few meters wide.

Buddy lasing means that there is a laser spot on target and front of the rocket, it can't see or find it, until they fix the rocket to be correctly laser guided from the front.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Laser rockets

It is beamrider as has been explained, you can not buddy laze.

Beamrider means that rocket must have laser behind it, as it is literally flying inside the laser beam that is just few meters wide.

Buddy lasing means that there is a laser spot on target and front of the rocket, it can't see or find it, until they fix the rocket to be correctly laser guided from the front.

Well explain to me how i was using a drone to lase for me and LSS in the TTI server then....

And I was keeping the target once locked in the circle

Well explain to me how i was using a drone to lase for me and LSS in the TTI server then....

And I was keeping the target once locked in the circle

Luck? If you’re close or steep enough it has energy to maneuver quite a bit, and maybe you happened to be nearly lined up

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg