Combined Arms Tournament 3

Alpenwolf

The Combined Arms Tournament

Is Presented By

The Cold War 1947 - 1991 Server

gBaCYxP.jpg

Ka-50's vs Combined Arms units

aTzuK3x.png

* If you stream yourself, please mention that in your sign up and I'll announce it.

Saturday, the 25th of April, 1900 zulu

Briefing is 30 minutes earlier - 1830 zulu

Hosting Server: Cold War 1947 - 1991

IP: 193.70.81.86

SRS: 193.70.81.86

* Note that the Cold War server uses the Teamspeak channel of the 104th's server.

Teamspeak 3 IP: ts50.gameservers.com:9132

Teamspeak 3 Password: phoenix

Situation:

16.01.1980, 08:45 am, heavy clouds, snowy and a bit windy, -6 Celsius.

During the last night Blue ground forces have unexpectedly besieged the city of Cherkessk, located 80 km west of Mineralnye Vody airbase. The plan for Blue is to hold the city until reinforcements arrive.

Red Ka-50's are being scrambled from Mineralnye Vody airbase to counter the invasion. In addition, 8 x BTR-80's are somewhere east of the city of Cherkessk (exact location known only to Red) that Red will need to enter the city with to regain order after all threats have been eliminated.

Blue operates the following vehicles (all can be driven by players):

1 x SAM SA-15 Tor

2 x M48 Chaparral

4 x AAA Vulcan M163

8 x M1A2 Abrams

Red Objective:

Search and destroy enemy ground units!

The given flight path (waypoints with assigned air speeds and altitudes in the ABRIS system) is only a recommendation. The flight lead may choose a different flight path to approach the TA as he sees fit.

*** To win the day, all enemy ground units must be destroyed while ensuring the lives of at least 4 BTR-80's.

*** If all M1A2 Abrams tanks are destroyed, the enemy might withdraw his anti-air units before the BTR-80's arrive and the day is also won nonetheless.

The signed up Red team of 4 x players may choose to whether fly this mission alone and control the BTR-80's (an option in the mission editor makes this possible while flying your aircraft) or rather have in addition one of the following options:

1- Additional player driving an additional vehicle, type BRDM-2 operating as a reconnaissance unit while having access to driving/moving all BTR-80's (note that this option would disallow the Ka-50 pilots to control the BTR-80's)

2- Additional player (or two players) flying either the SA342L or the SA342Minigun Gazelle as a reconnaissance unit while having access to driving/moving all BTR-80's and so do the Ka-50 pilots.

Note that having two pilots operating the Gazelle would allow the pilot to concentrate on flying only while the co-pilot monitors and controls the BTR-80's.

3- Same as option 2, but instead of flying the Gazelle you'd be flying the L-39ZA as a reconnaissance unit with one or two pilots.

Blue Objective:

Your top priority is to destroy more than half of the BTR-80's which means 5 or more vehicles.

If that goal is achieved the day is won and the enemy would simply withdraw knowing that with 3 BTR-80's or less with troops onboard, securing the city of Cherkessk would be impossible.

This is exactly what must be done to allow our troops to move in without having to fight the enemy's infantries.

1- To enable a good cooperation especially on the Red side, the slots are open for squadrons only.

2- To sign up yourself and 3 other squadron members in addition to one of the available 3 options or not, use the following format:

(Squadron name)

1- (Player's name)

2- (Player's name)

3- (Player's name)

4- (Player's name)

No additional option is required

or

Option number (x) is required and the player/s is/are:

- (Player's name)

- (Player's name)

Note that the players for the additional option can be lone wolves, members of other squadrons or your own squadron as you may choose.

3- For Blue there are at least 4 x Cmdr slots with a maximum number of 15 slots.

4- You can sign up yourself and other squadron members as well.

5- Lone wolves can sign up themselves only. And this is only for Blue.

6- Any destroyed units or aircraft can't respawn again.

Training Mission for CA:

A Tor unit, a Chaparral, a Vulcan and an Abrams are all set at weapons hold for only you to operate and fire.

4 x BTR-80's, 6 x Ka-50's and 6 x L-39's are flying around while also set at weapons hold.

Use this mission to learn how to use the available ground units for Blue.

There is a very useful CA tutorial by Grim Reapers which covers all you need to know while using the SAM SA-15 Tor as an example in the video:

giOfoWB.jpg

TCu3EFa.png

BzZPMKy.png

xc1aSlS.png

Combined Arms Tournament 3 - TRAINING.miz

Edited by Alpenwolf

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

RED:

1- [G-DCS] Papa Saubär

2- [G-DCS] Rightstuff

3- [G-DCS] Requiem

4- [G-DCS] Wayan

5- [G-DCS] ari

6- [G-DCS] Bishop_DE

Option 2 was chosen with 2 pilots flying the SA342L Gazelle.

------------------------------------------

BLUE:

1- OR | Firefly

2- OR | Morningmode

3- OR | Kiakawa

4- OR | Teldja

5- 104_Tiger - Live Stream:

6- Papi

7- =DW=Wizard_VVS

8- KRUBARAX

9- Baron von Myakin - Live Stream:

10- ROSS_Pups

11- Shadow

12- SILVER 11 | Dedde

Edited by Alpenwolf

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Well, I’d fly a Ka-50 but as I’m not in a squadron I suppose I’ll just have to watch from the side-lines.

If you get really desperate, you know where to find me.

Specter

i7-10700K @ 5Ghz | Asus Z490 Tuf Pro Gaming | RTX 3090 | 64 Gb RAM @3.6Ghz | 1TB Samsung 970 EVO+ SSD | 1TB addlink S70 M.2 SSD | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | 4TB HDD | Reverb G2 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Well, I’d fly a Ka-50 but as I’m not in a squadron I suppose I’ll just have to watch from the side-lines.

If you get really desperate, you know where to find me.

Specter

Sorry, bro. I figured lone wolves wont like it, but I hope you understand the argument. I mean, you've got guys like 104th_Tiger probably driving the SAM SA-15! He's deadly in that thing. So if you end up having lone wolves flying the Ka-50's and some maybe with little experience, then it's a slaughter within minutes. But then again some lone wolves are very skillful and could easily cooperate. However, you can never know who signs up first.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

who is streaming????? I wanna watch so bad and don't want to be a spectator... twitch this!!!!!!

I believe 104th_Tiger will be streaming from his point of view driving the SAM SA-15 Tor.

You can show up on TS on the event's day and ask around. Some will stream for sure.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Be good to organise a stream akin to Mav’s - it’s a great spectator sport

To get Maverick on it you'd need something like the helicopters tournament or MiG-15 vs F-86 or MiG-21 vs F-5, etc. Not saying he wont do it, but there's not much to commentate here in terms of an exciting event. By exciting I mean constant action and funny moments. That's when Maverick shines and makes us all laugh. However, Exciting it is nonetheless to see how Ka-50 pilots handle themselves against human driven CA units. Should be very challenging too. Quite stressful for the players, I imagine. With the Ka-50's flying 80 km out of Vody to the TA, there wont be much to say for a commentator for the first 25-35 minutes. So I didn't want to ask Maverick in the first place and have him say yes out of courtesy or something. Then after 10 minutes he regrets doing it or so. I mean, the event could last for 1-2 hours. (No actual time limitation, but hiding around for ever ain't allowed)

I know that 104th_Tiger will be streaming. I hope others will too.

* If you or someone else would like to stream, let me know! I'll have a Game Master slot for you and announce your stream link as the official stream of the event.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

When and how can a squad get themselves registered for such a mission?

The second this thread went online it was open for sign ups. A squadron has already signed up and occupied the slots for the Ka-50.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

• 2 weeks later...
Hi there,

one lil question, does blue operate ammo trucks for rearming?

greetz

Wayan

Ammo trucks are not available. The fire power at hand should suffice.

The Tor carries 8 missiles and each chaparral of the 2 available carries 4. If 16 missiles are not enough against 4 x Ka-50's then I don't know what is. Besides, you have Vulcans and Abrams. Both can take out helicopters with guns, especially if hidden well and taking the enemy by surprise.

It's 1 flight for the Ka-50's, 1 sortie, 1 shot at the enemy. Win or lose.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Tomorrow in the briefing I'll clarify more things... So be there on time, please.

EDIT

"Tomorrow" was not accurate. My bad. But certainly it is tomorrow now ;-)

Edited by Alpenwolf

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments