Chuck's JF-17 Thunder Guide

Charly_Owl

Thanks a lot Chuck, looks really complete :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Agreed. Immediately when I saw this was released I fired up the Jeff and within an hour of flying and having this gem of a guide I already learned so much more then 2 weeks of flying without it. Its these guides that allow me to fully enjoy products I am not familiar with. A million times thanks, Chuck!

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Question:

Page 102 - Landing.

When aircraft slows down to 135 kts

deploy drag chute by setting the D/CH

switch to DEPLOY (UP)

As the aircraft slows down, the nose gear

will touch the ground by itself. Gently apply

brakes when aircraft airspeed is below 145 kts

Shouldn't they switch places or are the speeds wrong?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...

Thanks for the helpful manuals. Noticed a couple of things (perhaps for the next update):

1) Page 226 and elsewhere says laser designation in Manual Mode "requires you to use the Laser Designator ON/OFF binding RCTRL+O to fire the laser and latch it". The TGP no longer has the option for Manual lasing and latching as it is now AUTO only.
2) T2 Press for AG Mode "Select Manual Submode" is not implemented
3) S2 Press for "Enter WIDE/NAR mode" in DGFT (ACM w/o locked target) is not implemented.

There are probably others not implemented but still listed in Deka's tables. 

Edited by GrEaSeLiTeNiN

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

3小时前,GrEaSeLiTeNiN说:

Thanks for the helpful manuals. Noticed a couple of things (perhaps for the next update):

1) Page 226 and elsewhere says laser designation in Manual Mode "requires you to use the Laser Designator ON/OFF binding RCTRL+O to fire the laser and latch it". The TGP no longer has the option for Manual lasing and latching as it is now AUTO only.
2) T2 Press for AG Mode "Select Manual Submode" is not implemented
3) S2 Press for "Enter WIDE/NAR mode" in DGFT (ACM w/o locked target) is not implemented.

There are probably others not implemented but still listed in Deka's tables. 

Not AUTO only. Click the OSB LSR for manual lasing and RCTRL+O is not used now.

Human allowed, demon allowed, Deka never allowed.

Distort allowed, provoke allowed, fight back never allowed.

3 hours ago, Torbernite said:

Not AUTO only. Click the OSB LSR for manual lasing and RCTRL+O is not used now.

That’s laser ranging 

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64