PL-2B for MiG-19, PL-5EII for MiG-21bis please

J-20

Dear developer from the Deka studio.

Can you make PL-2B for our MiG-19 please if you have time.

I heard PL-2B has roughly the same performance compare to the R-13M.

Because the MiG-19P has no R-13 (I heard that it is historically so, not sure if it is true) while it was used to take on planes with more advanced missiles such as F-4 and F-5. So by giving the MiG-19 PL-2B will give the MiG-19 a better change while keeps the game historically accurate.

Same for the MiG-21bis, can you give it PL-5EII once it is released? Thanks

This is not up to Deka; It would be the choice/work of the third party devs for both of those modules, Razbam and Magnitude 3 respectively.

yup, even we can make them, still need Razbam and/or Mag3 to add them into payload list. So it's better to contact them

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

While I fullly support this idea and gave M3 guys a heads-up already I give it about 5-10% chance of success. Worth trying tough, maybe we will live to the day when Hornet pilots shall shout "MiG-21 OP" :D

Thank you for supporting my idea. But if so, can you contact them instead? English is my second language, so whenever I speak English, I speak with a few fixed format that I have learned. It would sound very rigid and stiff. Wouldn't sound like a person who is asking for a favour. If you can, please give it a try.

Secondly, giving PL-5EII won't overpower the MiG-21. Here is what I know about PL-5EII, Deka developers, feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

PL-5 originally was desigen to match the performance of AIM-9G. Afterwards, many variance with improvements was developed such as the PL-5B, PL-5C, etc, each with better maneuverability. PL-5E was the first time, the missile is giving an all-aspect IR seeker. The originally aim for designing PL-5E was to match the AIM-9L or P. PL-5EII was developed afterwards, probably with the same combat proficiency of an AIM-9M. Since F-5 has AIM-9M and F-4 has AIM-7, IMHO, PL-5EII won't overpower our MiG-21. :)

• 3 months later...

I would buy MiG-21 just for this reason alone. But this will bring the nato boys shouting here about nerfing missile performance again like they did with SD-10.

Currently in the Hornet forum, they are debating on how realistic the LD-10 is when compared with AGM-88.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - UNTOUCHED - ABANDONED

I would buy MiG-21 just for this reason alone. But this will bring the nato boys shouting here about nerfing missile performance again like they did with SD-10.

Currently in the Hornet forum, they are debating on how realistic the LD-10 is when compared with AGM-88.

Wait, they want to nerf a missile for fairness?? This is flight simulation not RPG MMO. Realism over fairness is the rule.

I remember a while back those NATO boys were making comments like "Red force can't make fighter worth a sh*t". So now we got a Red fighter that is better than NATO fighters in DCS, and they want to nerf it just to maintain their feeling of "better than you"?? That make sense.

Beside, if any missile that need to be nerfed, it would be AIM-9X and AIM-120C.

Edited by J-20

Hi Deka team:

There is a question I wanted to ask. You see if you pull more than 6G in a MiG-19, your R-3 missile will break off from the pylon. I heard that this is partially due to the poor design of both pylon and the missile. Did they fix this on PL-2B?

Razbam has already agreed to add PL-2B, I was wonder if PL-2B has fixed the problem so we can pull as many G as we like. If so, we need to tell Razbam.

Terrorban you really need to stop ruining threads by mentioning Sd10. After 30 posts of pointless cryfest this thread will die with you saying "oh I'm done with this discussion. I'll let the internet engineers handle this". How many times will you repeat this?

Don't know why you got so salty suddenly over what I posted here week ago under different circumstances.

I am not the one getting the threads locked, it is people like you who ignore the thread topic and start fighting with other users.

Regarding the topic, If Razbam agreed to add the missile on MIG-19, will it be the same version as the JF-17's?

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Don't know why you got so salty suddenly over what I posted here week ago under different circumstances.

I am not the one getting the threads locked, it is people like you who ignore the thread topic and start fighting with other users.

Regarding the topic, If Razbam agreed to add the missile on MIG-19, will it be the same version as the JF-17's?

?? No.

Razbam agreed to add PL-2B on MiG-19.

The one JF-17 has is PL-5EII.

Oh right of course. Sorry, I got confused between the two.

Why not split out the 21 into a seperate chinese variant with chinese cockpit and liveries that can only use chinese missiles?

Definately not a bad idea. Would certainly add to the realism. I would also like all the other liveries of the Mig-21 be specific to each country not all the liveries to all countries.

EDIT: Same should be done to the Mig-19. Or maybe the Chinese Mig-19 could be it's separate module in the future as the J-6. Also the Chinese Mig-21 with Chinese missiles would help regulating missiles that weren't operated by other countries like India

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

Why not split out the 21 into a seperate chinese variant with chinese cockpit and liveries that can only use chinese missiles?

Definately not a bad idea. Would certainly add to the realism. I would also like all the other liveries of the Mig-21 be specific to each country not all the liveries to all countries.

The issue is China doesn't have MiG-21bis. The closest thing China has is the J-7III series, which was based on MiG-21MF airframe. But even the basic variant of the J-7III series had over 200 improvements over the MiG-21MF, not to mention a new cockpit and radar.

Same should be done to the Mig-19. Or maybe the Chinese Mig-19 could be it's separate module in the future as the J-6. Also the Chinese Mig-21 with Chinese missiles would help regulating missiles that weren't operated by other countries like India

Agree, I like that idea too. It will be cool if we have the distinctive Chinese variants. Please come and vote in this link

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=249861

Because it's not the same aircraft. It's like saying that all you need to introduce the F-5A in the game is to change the E's cockpit, and only that, and call it a day.

Well they'd have to create a J-7 module, and the only one that could possibly be done is a variant with the Cranked Arrow Delta wing as the regular one would basically be a Mig-21 F-13 which is slightly upgraded

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

Well they'd have to create a J-7 module, and the only one that could possibly be done is a variant with the Cranked Arrow Delta wing as the regular one would basically be a Mig-21 F-13 which is slightly upgraded

I won't call them slight upgrades, if they can make them with ASM, I'd buy them:

1: J-7 series

This is almost identical to the MiG-21F-13 series.

2: J-7I series (F-7A for export)

upgrades and optimisations of J-7 series.

New pylons for Chinese missiles like PL-2 series and wing fuel tanks.

Better ejection seat

Better engine WP-7II

New IFF

3: J-7II series (F-7B for export)

further optmisation of J-7I airframe

New centre pylon for 720L belly tank.

WP-7II block 2 engine.

Flair and chaff launcher

ECM

LUMrhLb.jpg

r04CUm7.png

4: J-7M (F-7M) air-guard

The most built model. Exported to Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, Zimbabwe, Bangladesh and Iran.

HUD and data computer from UK

Sky Ranger 7M ranging radar

New on board ECM

Encrypted radio

4 wing pylons instead of 2 (From this point onwards all J-7s have 4 wing pylons)

WP-7BM engine

LJ-2 RWR

The domestic version called J-7IIM, capable of carrying PL-7, PL-8 and PL-9.

3HeYJvK.png

5: F-7MP sky bolt series.

Basically a J-7M with a search radar. Designed to outperforms Mirage 5 in every aspect and specifically for export only.

Martin-Baker Mk 10 ejection seat.

New IFF and radio.

Better oxygen supply system.

Grifo-7 radar.

Unlike the development of MiG-21 in Soviet, all those different airframes listed above have roughly the same size,because PLA was unwilling to sacrifice maneuverability for speed and range.

6: J-7III series.

China obtained some MiG-21MF from Egypt. After study the airframe, China decided that the radar and avionics from the MiG-21MF are inadequate. So they developed their own radar and avionics specifically for this airframe.

JL-7A mono pulse radar with look down shot down capability

WP-13FI engine.

KL-11A auto pilot

HTY-3 ejection seat

Type 481 data link

930-3 RWR (far better than the ones in the MiG-21MF)

HK-13A HUD

PL-7 and PL-8 missiles

Only about 4 to 5 squadrons of those were made, because once again, Chinese didn't like the idea that MiG-21MF airframe sacrificed maneuverability.

7: J-7E series

After Chinese felt unsatisfied with J-7III airframe, they went back to the smaller airframe and developed a new double delta wing to further increase the maneuverability of J-7. This variant has only ranging radar. It's export variant known as F-7GP was well liked in the export market.

8: J-7G series

Nations which purchase J-7E really like the plane. In fact their feedback were so good that China decide to make a domestic variant of J-7E of their own with a Doppler radar called J-7G.

HOTAS control

A Chinese derivative of EL/M-2032 Doppler radar specifically designed to fit the nose cone of J-7G with a search range of 60km.

New HUD with SMS

Can carry PL-8 and PL-9 missile

Not just another fishbed.

The new wings retain the existing leading-edge sweep angle of 57° inboard but have reduced sweep angle of 42° on the outboard wing, which also has a leading-edge flap fitted. This design offered an excellent solution to the inherent low aspect ratio problem of a slender delta. The slighting larger wingspan and 8.17% more wing area also gave an increased internal fuel capacity (from 2,080kg to 4,165kg) and much enhanced manoeuvrability.The aircraft’s performance was further enhanced by the introduction of an improved Liming (LMC) Wopen-13F turbojet rated at 44.1kN dry and 66.7kN with afterburning, giving a thrust-to-weight ratio of about 0.9 in clean, take-off configuration compared with 0.8 of J-7B. The sea-level climbing rate has increased from 155m/s to 195m/s; the ferry range has increased from 1,500km to 2,200km; the G limit has increased from 7g to 8g. The maximum instantaneous turn rate is 25.2 degree/sec, and the maximum sustained turn rate at 1,000m altitude is 16 degree/sec. According to CAC’s advertisement, compared with the J-7B, the overall aerodynamic performance of J-7G has increased by 43%, and the combat effectiveness has increased by 84%.

DZ4aL0K.jpg

I once heard that they tested with Pakistan's F-16A. The results shown that without BVR missiles, just use short range IR missiles and the internal cannon for dog fight, F-16A had no advantage over the J-7G.

SpsCtpv.jpg

J-7G is equipped with an I/J-band KLJ-6E Lieying (“Falcon”) pulse-Doppler fire-control radar allegedly based on the Israeli EL/M2001. A new one-piece front windscreen replaced the original three-piece design for better cockpit visibility. Other improvements include a new Type III IFF, an indigenous zero-height, zero-speed ejection seat, and improved electronic countermeasures (ECM) suite. The J-7G firs flew in June 2002 and entered the PLAAF service in 2004. The J-7G production is expected to last for few years before the J-10 and J-11B fighter can enter service in significant numbers. 16 examples of the J-7G fighter were delivered to the PLAAF 37th Air Division (serial number 5XX8X) based at Urumqi, Xinjiang. An additional 32 aircraft were delivered to the PLAAF 12th Division (serial number 2XX3X) in November 2006. An unarmed version designated J-7GB replaced the earlier J-7EB in the PLAAF August 1st Aerobatic Demonstration Team

It can carry advanced missiles like PL-8 and PL-9.

sLOWQau.jpg

• Like 3

Wow! Very impressive breakdown of the J-7! After reading that I think the J-7M Air Guard would be the best version to make since it was so widely exported including countries used in the game ATM like Iran and Pakistan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]