Realsimulator F-18CGRH is available for preorder - Page 6 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-30-2020, 10:58 AM   #51
RogueSqdn

Everything feels smoother on the RS grip. The finish of the grip beats TM hands down.

I will say that the push buttons that are now hats (pickle, NWS, pinky) stick out a bit more from the grip and that takes a little getting used to.

I’m at work now and can’t answer in more detail than that (sorry).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FalconNW MachV, Oculus Rift S

DEFENSOR FORTIS
RogueSqdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 04:36 PM   #52
Phantom88

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueSqdn View Post
Everything feels smoother on the RS grip. The finish of the grip beats TM hands down.

I will say that the push buttons that are now hats (pickle, NWS, pinky) stick out a bit more from the grip and that takes a little getting used to.

I’m at work now and can’t answer in more detail than that (sorry).

That's Great,Thank You

God Help Me....I ordered The F18CGRH,F16SGRH and a FSSB-R3 Lighting Hope The Wife Never Figures out How Much $$$$ I Spent!!!
Old 06-30-2020, 05:13 PM   #53
RogueSqdn

I thought I had said it before but let me be clear... I have the F16SGRH CE which has the hand painted finish. The non CE might be a little grainy like the new Hornet grip, but I still have no doubt it’s better than the TM grip.

FalconNW MachV, Oculus Rift S

DEFENSOR FORTIS
RogueSqdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 12:58 PM   #54
VpR81

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueSqdn View Post
I thought I had said it before but let me be clear... I have the F16SGRH CE which has the hand painted finish. The non CE might be a little grainy like the new Hornet grip, but I still have no doubt it’s better than the TM grip.
What exactly is the difference in between the F16SGRH and the CE, besides the paint job? The RS homepage says "More features only available in the F16SGRH-CE through the BLE module". This means to me, that the non CE does not have the bluetooth module installed. Is that right, or are there any other differences?

Because this confuses me a bit as the F18CGRH description names the same features as the non CE F16SGRH (except for "true F-16 shape"), plus "Firmware upgradeable through BLE, so you could need a 4.0 or higher BLE dongle if your PC doesn’t have BLE included" wich for the F16 grips only the CE version comes with. So in conclusion, the F18CGRH basically offers the same features as the F16SGRH CE, for the price of the non CE F16 grip. Or did i miss something?

i'm still struggling with preo-ordering the F18CGRH, as i'm very happy with my TM Hornet grip and the missing paddle switch somehow annoys me. But if it is significant lighter (i have no doubts about the higher quality) than the TM grip, the F18CGRH might fit better onto my 35cm extension after swapping the TM base for a Virpil T-50.
VpR81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 03:53 PM   #55
Supmua

According to the description on their website, the regular F-18 grip appears to come with the BT module which makes it a better buy than the normal F-16 version as BT isn’t included in that one.

Now they said that they will not officially support BT since very few people are using it, but this feature is huge for me as it opens up all kinds of possibilities making the stick usable with any base as long as you could provide power and fixation to the stick. I will confirm and test this once I have the test unit.

One indispensable feature of Realsim sticks for me is the extra binding switches that they come with. For example, you could flip the unique rotary dial to switch among 8 memory slots each of which have can a different sets of bindings including sensitivity settings. Too cumbersome to do that? Then bind frequently used commands to extra switches (most buttons are 5-ways instead of single press). For example, bind F1-F4 for comm use to WPN RL button in RS app—if you bind these in DCS they will only activate as DX not actual key command meaning only works for view switch but not comm. As for the paddle switch, I’m probably going to use NWS up for that function but will also continue to encourage RS for a proper add-on option.

Then there is a new hardware force trim option which is like autopilot mode (not 100% if this will be exclusive to the FSSB base). On activation the stick cursor will stay in hold position instead of returning to the center. This is very handy as autopilot mode for WW2 plane, helicopter, or even the Harrier if you need to bank or pitch beyond 20 degree and hold attitude/altitude.
Throttles: TMWx2, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant
VR: HTC Vive/Pro/Oculus Rift/Valve Index.

Last edited by Supmua; 07-01-2020 at 04:02 PM.
Supmua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 01:30 AM   #56
Supmua

FYI, the current preorder price of the F-18 grip is a discounted price and will last until July 8th. Dragon said that the 1st batch is being offered at or below the actual cost, which makes sense to me since its capability is the same as the F-16 collector's edition grip which costs much higher (being bluetooth capable). After the first batch, there will be a price increase. So this first batch is basically equivalent to the collector's edition.

Now wouldn't it be nice to also see an exact F-18 base replica with the paddle switch attached to it? --with pitch and roll control in separate compartments.
Throttles: TMWx2, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant
VR: HTC Vive/Pro/Oculus Rift/Valve Index.
Supmua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 08:50 AM   #57
markturner1960

God help me I ordered it.......we need to support companies like RS making these quality products
System specs: Scan 3XS i9 9900K @5ghz, 32GB Corsair veng DDR4 2666, EVGA GTX 2080ti Win 10. Rift CV1 , 40 inch Phillips monitor. Real simulator FSSB R3 with F-16 SGRH grip and warthog with F-18 grip, plus TM MFD's Tir5. Winwing F-18 throttle
markturner1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 01:45 PM   #58
VpR81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supmua View Post
FYI, the current preorder price of the F-18 grip is a discounted price and will last until July 8th. Dragon said that the 1st batch is being offered at or below the actual cost, which makes sense to me since its capability is the same as the F-16 collector's edition grip which costs much higher (being bluetooth capable). After the first batch, there will be a price increase. So this first batch is basically equivalent to the collector's edition.

Now wouldn't it be nice to also see an exact F-18 base replica with the paddle switch attached to it? --with pitch and roll control in separate compartments.
Ok, convinced. Somehow didn't care about the missing paddle switch anymore. Can't wait now. They can count me in for a paddle switch addon, it would be a day one purchase.

Last edited by VpR81; 07-03-2020 at 07:30 PM.
VpR81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 05:42 PM   #59
Lobinjaevel

You guys are giving me cravings to buy one aswell...
Lobinjaevel is offline   Reply With Quote