Doorgunners spear their ammunition

CHPL

The adjustment of the firepower may be one thing, but another thing is that door gunners simply refuse to shoot, even if the target right in front of them.

Or they ignore the obvious target right in front and shoot instead over the whole battlefield on a target I don't care about. :cry:

Always happy landings ;)

• ED Team
The adjustment of the firepower may be one thing, but another thing is that door gunners simply refuse to shoot, even if the target right in front of them.

Or they ignore the obvious target right in front and shoot instead over the whole battlefield on a target I don't care about. :cry:

It will depend in the target, if they know they can not penetrate the armour the AI wont engage the target.

If you have a track replay I can take a look at it.

I do have some other AI gunner issues reported but mostly for the priority they choose to engage certain targets.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 5 months later...

I second this issue... I've flown the Huey a long time, and in the last few months, it has become an exercise of frustration when engaging ground targets. If the armor bias is true, why am I often left with gunners which obliterate a convoy of the same unit type, but suddenly "shut down" and refuse to shoot? The unit isn't on fire, still moving to waypoints, ammo is still there, still free fire on all stations, still armed, gunners still alive (as far as I can tell), resetting/cycling ROE does nothing, the attack orbit distance/altitude matter little. I've had right sides deplete their ammo to 0% while the front and left have nearly 100%, even though I give them angles of fire from their position.

List of units I've successfully destroyed, then been refused within the same mission:

-Insurgents

-Armored Speed Boats

-APCs

-SA-8

-Taxiing Migs/F-5s

Sometimes I orbit to no avail, and just land in frustration in front of the enemy, and suddenly after a minute or two they'll "reactivate" and destroy it.

I can understand nerfing damage, or accuracy, or even armor bias... but when you fly a 2-hour mission with a long helo ferry to the objective all set up by your squad, annnnd your gunners refuse to work, it's simply dumb. I'm used to RTBing wiped of ammo, whereas now I often come back with 80%-90% on at least 2 stations and a failed objective.

It helps to set the Burst Length to LONG, which apparently makes them more willingly to open fire.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg