DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - Page 6 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-07-2016, 11:59 PM   #51
Sierra99
Campaign Testers

Great. Also any chance of Secure voice being implemented using the appropriate onboard comm assets?

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce GTX 970, Windows 10-64 bit, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Cougar MFDs, Saitek Rudder pedals and TrackIR 5.
Sierra99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 07:22 AM   #52
Ciribob
ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra99 View Post
Great. Also any chance of Secure voice being implemented using the appropriate onboard comm assets?
Yes it will be done eventually but it's quite low down the list.

In the interim I'm building an option that can be enabled severside which disables you being able to hear another coalition's radio which'll help if some large servers use it and for the next Blue Flag

Separately you'll also be able to control if spectators can talk.

Kick and ban on a very basic admin interface is also done and all this should be released by this Sunday.

Then it'll hopefully be a working intercom system the week after.

Once all that's working, I'll start on distance limitations and finally line of sight.

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required!
DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord
Ciribob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 08:07 AM   #53
Eddie
Veteran

Still haven't had chance to test this yet, is UHF Guard monitoring implemented for aircraft with a dedicated guard receiver?
Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 09:37 AM   #54
Tarres

Yes, the UHF Guard is imlpemented for all the planes that have Guard (A-10A/C, F-15C, MiG-29A/G/S, SU27/33, SU-25A/T, Sabre, UH-1H, Hip, L-39, 21)

The SR lua code could be tweaked easily, so the F-5E-3 will be easy to add (I think)
Tarres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 09:50 AM   #55
Pikey
Veteran

Wow Ciri, you really came back from your holiday...HARD...! Thats a hellish workload/feature list, i'm really impressed with the speed of feature update, right now its perfectly workable for squadrons using it themselves, but faction limits and some MP tools would bring this up to speed for many multiplayer servers to use and match random players online.

FWIW Eddie, you should look into it, its for DCS only, replaces nothing unless you are set on an existing one, but because its standalone, you dont have to mess about reconfiguring anything you already have. In fact we use TS underneath it, mainly to get ourselves organised and briefed, then just mute ourselves once comms check done.
Old 07-08-2016, 10:15 AM   #56
Eddie
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
FWIW Eddie, you should look into it, its for DCS only, replaces nothing unless you are set on an existing one, but because its standalone, you dont have to mess about reconfiguring anything you already have. In fact we use TS underneath it, mainly to get ourselves organised and briefed, then just mute ourselves once comms check done.
I/we will for sure, it is very promising indeed. We're just waiting for a few more features to be implemented really.

We've been flying with radio plugins since the beginning with TARS, now using UniversRadio. So nothing new, we flat out couldn't fly without done kind of radio plugin/utility. Which makes this all the more appealing given the standalone nature and the fact that ciribob is doing such a great job supporting and advancing it.

Fingers crossed in the near future. There are still a lot of stability and feature issues with Aries & UR that are quite frustrating, despite the effort the devs of each put in.

Last edited by Eddie; 07-08-2016 at 10:20 AM.
Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 10:41 AM   #57
HiJack
Veteran

Standalone radio is the way to go. TAW have set up a server on IP 37.59.10.136. Set the server address in client and test it out. I'm not sure how many actually have tried the connection but I have seen some activity.

EDIT: But TAW is also using UniversRadio in all our internal missions as we require the features of UR.

Spoiler:

ASUS Z97-PRO, Socket-1150
Intel® Core i7-4770K Processor overclocked to @ 4.20 GHz
32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133MHz CL9 4x8GB
Sapphire Radeon TRI-X R9 390X 8GB "OC"
Samsung SSD 850PRO 1TB SSD
WD 2TB Black 3,5", SATA64MB Cache, Dual Processor, 7200RPM
Windows 7 64-bit
Philips 40" 4K LED BDM4065UC, ASUS 27” and Dell 24” screens

Last edited by HiJack; 07-08-2016 at 10:43 AM.
HiJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 01:34 AM   #58
Oberfeldwebel Elmo

So correct me if im wrong but does this recognize the currently selected channel or pre set channel in the aircraft and use that for radio signal or does it use its own to go through the server. A more comprehensive video on how stuff works would help us mentally challenged folk not familiar with coding and such.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.
Oberfeldwebel Elmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 03:04 AM   #59
mia389

When I open the overlay it looks like this

https://gyazo.com/20e7f62067f607fea65fe2a1facfbaad

How can I fix this? We were trying to use this tonight but could not get it to work. Were trying it with buddy spike server ip
mia389 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 06:41 AM   #60
NECK

Cribob: Very promising work so far based on what I can read. I have not been able to test this yet, but will look into this when distance limitation and line of sight i in the works.

In the 132nd we have run large MP Coop missions, currently limiting it to 32 players. The reason is that we way back did a test with about 50 players, and then had TS crash, as TS could not handle 50 players in the same channel talking (We used Aries for that specific test, but testet also without the plugin, and people just talking)

With this radiomod, do you currently have an estimate how many players that can use the software at the same time? (We are looking for ways to increase the number of participants on our events, but currently we can not do it with using TS as the base for the radio mods).

132nd Public documents - Want to apply? - 132nd Youtube channel - 132nd Discord Channel
NECK is offline   Reply With Quote