Wing flex+flutter for the thunder?

Ala12Rv-watermanpc

I'd rather see the developers investing man-hours on better aircraft system's and weapons modeling, instead of enhancing the "effects" of a Module .. DCS is already at a superb graphics detail level, so spending resources on this type of thing is getting increasingly frivolous ... well, at least on my opinion.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I'd rather see the developers investing man-hours on better aircraft system's and weapons modeling, instead of enhancing the "effects" of a Module .. DCS is already at a superb graphics detail level, so spending resources on this type of thing is getting increasingly frivolous ... well, at least on my opinion.

Not sure if you claiming that these developers have not done a good job at modeling weapons but I think since they are soon going to introduce over g stress damage in the module, this is the perfect request to make.

I would also love to see this simulated.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 III ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - LOW EXPERIENCE - ABANDONED

well, fair enough, it's your opinion but I think that, as Terrorban pointed, Deka already made an outstanding work systems wise in the early access so why not?...

I'm not going to become a fighter pilot ever, nor this is the simulator to do it (nor any other) so when I fly DCS I not only look for "systems" but also for experience!! and everything that can bring some more inmersion and makes a more believable experience of being flying the plane is very welcome in my book...these "little" things add sooooooo much realism to the experience that I consider them "almost" as important as other simulation items. Looking at your wings and knowing the energy state of your plane just by watching them flexing/fluttering do adds for the simulation and the inmersion so, I want them if possible.

For example you could not model the fluctuations of the analog gauges in the F-14 and it would still be a nice plane, but HB decided to make it and God knows how much believable the plane feels with these little big detail...this is another of these details, and details DO matter too.

Edited by watermanpc

Take a look at my MODS here

Not sure if you claiming that these developers have not done a good job at modeling weapons ...

Not at all, my point was that I'd rather see them spending the effort on things more important than mere eye candy :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Yeah, I'd rather developers/ED spend more time on the "meat" like radar/EW/etc modeling. But I also get that the "art" guy isn't the one doing that so, if this sort of thing keeps them busy why not...

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Not at all, my point was that I'd rather see them spending the effort on things more important than mere eye candy :)
Yep,Cockpit textures and a Pilot Body for VR.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster Warthog SLM - F/A-18 , MFG Crosswind V2 , Cougar MFD`s , HP Reverb , PointCtrl , i9@5,1Ghz/2080Ti,

:joystick: DIY 2DOF Motionsimulator with 4Ch Simshaker :joystick:

Sorry for going off topic but who keeps downvoting the posts on this forum? What made them so upset?

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 III ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Started noticing it a few days back when all the sticky were rated one star so I counter voted them and now I cannot not notice it. :(

The JF-17 wing is less flexible than a F-16, but still I would like it to be added when our artists have time to work on the animations.
That is the right approach... whenever they have time for eye candy instead of modeling systems upgrades to block 2 etc.

Not that I don't like eye candy, but if I had to choose between a Helmet Mounted Display, Air Refueling, keybindings for all the clickable elements and some wing flex I likely only once notice when "trying it out", I'll go for function over eye candy every time. ;)

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Why are you even paying attention to that...

+1, who cares...

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

That is the right approach... whenever they have time for eye candy instead of modeling systems upgrades to block 2 etc.

Not that I don't like eye candy, but if I had to choose between a Helmet Mounted Display, Air Refueling, keybindings for all the clickable elements and some wing flex I likely only once notice when "trying it out", I'll go for function over eye candy every time. ;)

Yeah, but do you want the ART guy coding keybindinds? Maybe they could do a livestream of the artist trying to figure it out like RagnarDa did (except he's an actual programmer). Hillarity would ensue... :lol: