Deck Sliding

Swift.

Not just the paid module, it's important to get it fixed for all of DCS.

Thank the lord... How about the various spawning problems with the Kuz and tarawa?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Sorry, I don't get it.

Wags said:

It is a "must" to be addressed for the project release.

Thanks

Which sounds for me, that the deck sliding needs to be fixed prior the release of the supercarrier. Still not answering if release means "EA release" or "final release".

You say now:

We have carriers in the sim already, so its a core issue, when it's fixed it should be released, should not hinge on any module release.

Which sounds for me that a "fix" will be "released" to adress that issue in generally, and fixing that issue has nothing to do with the supercarrier or its release directly.

Please be so kind and clarify if:

• The decksliding will be fixed prior the supercarrier will be released in EA.
  • The decksliding will be fixed prior the supercarrier will leave EA.
  • The supercarrier will be released in EA either the decksliding is fixed or not, because it has nothing to do with the module.

Thank you.

Especially for me, and maybe also other people, the question if decksliding is fixed is a very important factor on the question if I will buy the supercarrier, because I see it as Wags wrote: Its a must.

Edited by viper2097

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

There will be no slide at the beginning. after months is it available again? : P These bugs must not be present again when they were fixed. Greets mike

System

Hydro H115i with 8700k @ 4,9 ghz all cores, Asus strix Z370 f, 32gb ddr4 3600Mhz, Asusrog swift 34 gsync ,Vr hp Reverb .Palit gaming pro 2080 ti Thrustmaster Warthog f18grip and th pedal

Steamvr ss 100% and dcs world ss 180%

tomcat eats the viper for breakfast :P

Lange lebe die Tomcat": Long live the Cat!

Please be so kind and clarify if:

• The decksliding will be fixed prior the supercarrier will be released in EA.
  • The decksliding will be fixed prior the supercarrier will leave EA.
  • The supercarrier will be released in EA either the decksliding is fixed or not, because it has nothing to do with the module.

Thank you.

Especially for me, and maybe also other people, the question if decksliding is fixed is a very important factor on the question if I will buy the supercarrier, because I see it as Wags wrote: Its a must.

The biggest question for me as well, in regards to any purchase. Hopefully, we'll see a good Q&A on the module's progression soon.

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

Yeah, some clarification would be great.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

It's a DCS Core Issue,

As Wags said, it needs to be fixed BEFORE the Super Carrier Project release,

and as NineLine Said, since it's a core issue, the Fix will not be linked to (as in have to wait for, nor be reliant on user purchasing) the Super Carrier Module.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Someone should make a DCS carrier capades vid before they fix it.

Will helicopter decks also be fixed like Oliver Perry?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• 3 weeks later...

Slight necro, but I notice all the posts talking about this being a "core issue." Indeed, the F-14, F/A-18, and AV-8B experience sliding. However, what's the deal with the Su-33 on the Kuz? It (supposedly) has PFM just like the full-fidelity modules, yet it does not slide at all on the Kuz.

What's causing the Hornet/Tomcat/Harrier and CVN/LHA to slide, but the Flanker/Kuz to not slide?

Are you sure about the kuz not being slippy, have you tested in rough seas?

I've tested in the exact same weather conditions as the Stennis and Tarawa; both static and dynamic. The Kuz is the only one that doesn't have deck sliding issues under those same conditions. Though the Tarawa does have much less sliding than the Stennis.

I've tested in the exact same weather conditions as the Stennis and Tarawa; both static and dynamic. The Kuz is the only one that doesn't have deck sliding issues under those same conditions. Though the Tarawa does have much less sliding than the Stennis.

Since you can't get a Tomcat or a Hornet to spawn on the Kuznetsov, (red USAF client will not snap to the Kuznetsov in my build) its not even reaching an apples to oranges level comparison. Module to module there are differences in behaviour, with F-14 being the dominant slider. I'm fairly sure its to do with the flight models stickness to the surface. A general complait voiced a few times on these forums is that; in the FM's, when the plane touches down to land lightly, it "sticks" to the deck rather than lightly bouncing off under power. Whatever this stickiness is, and the combination with the way objects are dealt with, is the core of the physics problem in DCS, which is where the word "core" is accurate and meaningful. It's a physics issue with objects and seperate modules FM's.

However I'd be open to testing a Tomcat on a Kuznetsov to do a fairer test, I just can't make it happen without tinkering with things.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *