Removed

CptSmiley

Are there more details about the hotfix released today? If TAS is working should we select RS and TAS or simply TAS? Does this reflect the accuracy increase in Zeus' latest post?

Thanks in advance, I'm at work and can't find out for myself at the moment.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

same as you, OBL and PI recalibration not working

Fixed in development.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

JTAC with Lasing GBU works, droping MK-82 works, better accuracy, god job Zeus, but dropping MK-82 SE in CCIP still gives the bug with TAS with the BFL, as i explained in the following thread. BFL going nuts and going over the FP marker instead of going under.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=171927

Replied in the relevant thread.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Whats the deal with the VTB waypoint selection?

I haven't been able to get accurate Range and Bearing data from a waypoint e.g. bullseye.

Am I missing something obvious?

I will check the calculations.

NCTR for STT is now working. It needs a "library" update but the basic functionality is there:

1. Radar must be in STT

2. Target aspect must be towards the aircraft (B angle <= 5.0)

3. Target range must be less than 15 nmiles.

NCTR is memory persistent. Once the radar has identified the target, the label will remain until STT lock is lost.

14524391_1116273921792578_203987405054882212_o.jpg

NCTR for STT is now working. It needs a "library" update but the basic functionality is there:

1. Radar must be in STT

NCTR is memory persistent. Once the radar has identified the target, the label will remain until STT lock is lost.

14524391_1116273921792578_203987405054882212_o.jpg

Neat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. Radar must be in STT

I'd have expected a whole lot more range for an EID - at least twice that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I'd have expected a whole lot more range for an EID - at least twice that.

As usual NCTR is one of those things that are heavily classified and nobody is talking about it.

From the scarce info that I have, NCTR works by detecting the target's engine radar signature. So it must be able to "see" the engines in order to get an identification. In other words the target should be fairly close and facing the radar in a very narrow cone and the radar must be continuously "looking" at the target.

Since NCTR in DCS is pure speculation based on scant information, the current NCTR profile is subject to modification as long as I get more detailed info.

We are skipping tomorrow's update, if there is any. We need to test some changes before releasing them.

There's plenty of information on NCTR out there, even though you can't always get your hands on it.

15nm is ridiculously short. Even the modeled F-15's 24nm is very short.

If you want to find info on it, you can look at JEM lock-on issues ... since NCTR uses JEM and discussion of interference based on JEM isn't all that secret :)

As usual NCTR is one of those things that are heavily classified and nobody is talking about it.

From the scarce info that I have, NCTR works by detecting the target's engine radar signature. So it must be able to "see" the engines in order to get an identification. In other words the target should be fairly close and facing the radar in a very narrow cone and the radar must be continuously "looking" at the target.

Since NCTR in DCS is pure speculation based on scant information, the current NCTR profile is subject to modification as long as I get more detailed info.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

There's plenty of information on NCTR out there, even though you can't always get your hands on it.

15nm is ridiculously short. Even the modeled F-15's 24nm is very short.

If you want to find info on it, you can look at JEM lock-on issues ... since NCTR uses JEM and discussion of interference based on JEM isn't all that secret :)

The range has been increased to 30nm. But the aircraft still needs to be facing you.

Thanks, that actually makes it useful for BVR EID :)

For JEM, agreed on the target aspect - should be head-on or tail-on, though I would suggest +/- 15 deg rather than 5 :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Could RAZBAM please provide a source that proves that the RDI is capable of JEM/NCTR? From what I've read the RDI didn't have that capabilitiy.

I also wondered that the RDI has NCTR capability.

From what I read, NCTR also uses one dimensional projection of the target (called inverted SAR mode), limited SIGINT from the targets Radar and other active sensors and known flight profiles. But I also read, that there are no proven (or published) examples from live military operations, that NCTR works well/ correct/ in general.

If the Mirage get 30NM NCTR Range, I hope ED improves that capability for their F-15C.

Edited by VTJG17_Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If the Mirage get 30NM NCTR Range, I hope ED improves that capability for their F-15C.

The FC3 modules rarely get any changes made to them system wise , they might get tweaks to FM or External/Cockpit models , but that is usually it.

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AFAIK it was one of the main gains in capability with the change from RDM to RDI.

And honestly for an 1987 [completely new] fielded RADAR it seems pretty believable, would be less believable tbh if it didnt I guess. About the effectiveness we can only guess though.

Nobody will publish anything anytime soon about certain systems. :D I mean paper about the topics are out there, but how effectively its build into planes, well guessing intensifies.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

I also wondered that the RDI has NCTR capability.

From what I read, NCTR also uses one dimensional projection of the target (called inverted SAR mode), limited SIGINT from the targets Radar and other active sensors and known flight profiles. But I also read, that there are no proven (or published) examples from live military operations, that NCTR works well/ correct/ in general.

+1 The RDY introduced NCTR AFAIK. The imaging NCTR only works in newer radars. I know the AN/APG-77 has it...

The range has been increased to 30nm. But the aircraft still needs to be facing you.

how about recognizing big aircraft from farther distances ? especially if the have 4 engines ? would be very useful - I hate wasting time and missiles on some tanker or awacs ...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

how about recognizing big aircraft from farther distances ? especially if the have 4 engines ? would be very useful - I hate wasting time and missiles on some tanker or awacs ...

Well, 30nm is far enough not to waste any missiles.. the 530's range is nowhere near that. :smartass:

Does anyone have a work around or mod to cover the missing texture on the pilots kneeboard until it gets fixed by the devs? :)

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

+1 The RDY introduced NCTR AFAIK. The imaging NCTR only works in newer radars. I know the AN/APG-77 has it...

Typhoon Radar prototypes in the 90s had it as well.

Thats why I can well imagine a RDI in 1987 having NCTR but only via JEM capabilities. I mean RDI was a complete redesign afaik, thats also why it was delayed. Where is Jojo or Az' when you need them ! :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

Typhoon Radar prototypes in the 90s had it as well.

Thats why I can well imagine a RDI in 1987 having NCTR but only via JEM capabilities. I mean RDI was a complete redesign afaik, thats also why it was delayed. Where is Jojo or Az' when you need them ! :D

Not that far :lol:

Sorry it's in French, but you won't get more official:

Des matériels parfaitement intégrés dans les capacités interalliées

Un autre de enseignements du Kosovo aura été la capacité des atériels aériens français à s’intégrer dans les dispositifs interalliés, où leur interopérabilité n’a pas été mise en défaut.

Capables de se ravitailler sur tous les avions de l’OTAN, les Mirage 2000 disposent aussi d’un équipement IFF (identification ami/ennemi) parfaitement compatible et de communications sécurisées. A la demande des Etats-Unis, et pour écarter tout risque de tirs fratricides, 12 Mirage 2000 de défense aérienne ont été équipés, pour un coût raisonnable (16 MF) et sans difficultés techniques particulières, de systèmes NCTR (non cooperative target recognition), permettant de recouper les informations données par l’IFF.

https://www.senat.fr/rap/a99-0927/a99-0927.pdf

NCTR has been added as un upgrade.

Edited by jojo
  • Like 1

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi