INS and Gyro Drift.

Zeus67

For hot start I see coordinates like this N36°36.456 but jet is N36°36.47'.

It's always rounded plus 0.01'.

In the option you can change how you see coordinates.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I'll be more precise. The true latitude is N36°36.456' and the jet is showing N36°36.47'. The jet should be showing N36°36.46'.

I am in DD°MM.MMM' display already.

Apologies, I never don a hot start, so I do not know.:doh:

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

• 1 month later...

I started cold & dark, did the whole INS alignment procedure.

After flying for 18min, with 2 way-points, I had 3,5nm drift?

Isn't the drift supposed to be 1nm/h?

Edited by CoBlue

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

I started cold & dark, did the whole INS alignment procedure.

After flying for 18min, with 2 way-points, I had 3,5nm drift?

The following extra information about your flight might be helpful:

1. Did you correct your aircraft starting position?

2. How did you measure your drift at the end?

3. Did you also happen to measure your drift before take-off to verify your initial coordinates were accurate?

The following extra information about your flight might be helpful:

1. Did you correct your aircraft starting position?

2. How did you measure your drift at the end?

3. Did you also happen to measure your drift before take-off to verify your initial coordinates were accurate?

1: Yes

2. By knowing exactly my 2:nd way-point on the map & mesuring it with my aircraft's position when above the "ground Wp mark" at 100' hight.

3. No

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

After about 20 minutes of flying I had a drift of more than 100m and sometimes it reach like 1nm after doing some turnings. I want to know how to correct this drift.

Also I checked the "no drift" option from the settings and in the mission unchecked the enforce INS alignment and drift but the deviation still ocurs.

After about 20 minutes of flying I had a drift of more than 100m and sometimes it reach like 1nm after doing some turnings. I want to know how to correct this drift.

Also I checked the "no drift" option from the settings and in the mission unchecked the enforce INS alignment and drift but the deviation still ocurs.

I'll check the option functionality.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

• 4 weeks later...
it's possible to have ins always update without drift errors?

Go to Special Options to deactivate the gyro drift.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."