[MERGED] Picture in Picture Viewports

Speedbrake

The old simulation from Jane's - F/A-18 had a small secondary window open up giving you a larger view of "the ball" (IFLOLS) to help with the carrier landing. Is this something planned for the new Horent simulation? While the graphics are great, from the videos posted so far on YouTube, the IFLOLS system could hardly be seen.

• ED Team

Hi Speedbrake

IFLOS is being tweaked internally for early access, the SME's helping ED have already highlighted it to the team.

edit:

I moved this to the wrong thread initially, have now moved it to wish list for the pop out feature

thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

The old simulation from Jane's - F/A-18 had a small secondary window open up giving you a larger view of "the ball" (IFLOLS) to help with the carrier landing. Is this something planned for the new Horent simulation? While the graphics are great, from the videos posted so far on YouTube, the IFLOLS system could hardly be seen.

+1

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

I have to agree with BAZ. I think that it looks much better, if not much more realistic, if you can see it from the cockpit. I am quite sure that they will get it figured out and it will be amazing! :thumbup:

Unless you adjust your FOV, so that objects are projected life-size, which is impractical unless you have a very large display, not to mention that monitor resolutions aren't quite there yet, you won't be able to "see" it from the cockpit.

Besides, options - always options....

The Jane's method was a very good compromise, imho. (and you could toggle it on and off).

Edited by Hippo

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Well, to each his own. If it were a choice available for either, I would be totally in favor of that but I can assure you that it is possible for them to make the IFOLS quite easily visible from a mile or so behind the ship. If a modder can do this, ED will have no problem doing it.

This was about a mile out

Screen_180517_170448_zpsxk6blyqh.png

This is about a 1/4 mile out.

Screen_180517_170516_zps1seetcfg.png

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for posting this Razor.

This Meatball mod was created by Anubis and integrated to the CVN77 mod by CDP Kobra.

VFA-113 (and others) have used it in VR successfully for the last couple of years.

Thanks again Anubis, I’m hoping the ED meatball will be as great as yours!

have used it in VR successfully for the last couple of years.

If that's right, I take it all back. Are you sure they weren't using VR zoom? No offence, but I'm a bit skeptical.

• ED Team

I am having no problems seeing IFLOS on my 1080p 27" screen.

3/4 mile very easy to see the ball.

eye test last year :)

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Picture in Picture Viewports

Would it be possible to get the remaining fuel on screen someplace so us F18 noobs and non VR players can get a ball call in without flying into the carriers wake? Would also be fantastic if this was below the a stand alone picture in picture meatball that has all ready been requested.

Would it be possible to get the remaining fuel on screen someplace so us F18 noobs and non VR players can get a ball call in without flying into the carriers wake? Would also be fantastic if this was below the a stand alone picture in picture meatball that has all ready been requested.

You should be able to see the fuel display without any issue. The only exception I can think of is when you zoom in.

You can also bring your fuel up on one of your DDIs. I don't see any value in adding another mechanism to see your fuel state.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

I dont think we will be seeing external viewports for Carrier Signaling and Fuel Status.

This TBH isnt 1995 where sims had PIP Windows of specific things because it was hard to draw them at distance at 640x480 or even 800x600

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• ED Team

Easy info to get, the IFEI has the total fuel, and on the checklist page in the DDI you can see the aircraft's weight

The IFOLS looks great!! :thumbup: Even better is that the crew chief has really put a nice polish on that canopy!! :pilotfly: That is very nice to see!!

That was a plane captain who polished that canopy. I did this for the first 2 years of my naval service.

• 3 weeks later...

Magnified Ball Lights in a Picture-in-Picture-view

Title says it all, a shortcut to have the landing lights view in a overlapping window / view blended into one of the corners. Perfect would be if the toggle is mappable to a device shortcut.

• 2 months later...

The ball as an overlay like the axis input

Might be a good idea to make the ball for the carrier landing aircrafts as an overlay like the control inputs,cause it is hard to see in many conditions.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Admin Kirks-Hangar Multiplayer Server.

Keep calm and fly on!:pilotfly:

I agree would be nice with some kind of mod like a 2x5 cm screen you could popup and place in the corner of the screen.. since in VR you can only see the ball for like 2-3 seconds before you land and at with so little visual help its kind of to late to adjust anything with such little margin.

If you follow the CILS down all the way, then abotu 3 sec before landing look at the ball and its usefull, but els you cant see it.

( pimax 4k vr ).

+1 - or just make the ball more visible? I understand people in VR can see it reasonably well so maybe it's something to do with non VR resolution or rendering? In my case I'm going to say it's not to do with screen size as I am on a projector.

- S