FPS impact?

wizav

Is it any more CPU intensive than Caucasus map?

I don't have any issues on Caucasus (I am at 60-70 fps), but a bit worried about Persian Gulf.

I've bought Persian Gulf it looks beautiful, hope it doesn't lag.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fps are a little worse than in Nevada (more objects on Persian Gulf) but a lot more of Caucasus.

Example: NTTR 120, SoH 100-110, Caucasus 90. Dubai 75-85. From VC.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Fps are a little worse than in Nevada (more objects on Persian Gulf) but a lot more of Caucasus.

Example: NTTR 120, SoH 100-110, Caucasus 90. Dubai 75-85. From VC.

This tells me that the Persian Gulf will most likely be the last map that I purchase. The technology is bypassing my computer. I'm not inclined to go out and buy a high end rig when the primary use of my computer is for work. It works great for what I need it for. DCS is just a part time fancy and the price of gaming hardware is just stupid unreasonable $$$ at this point.

I'm not saying that the new map is should not use advanced technology or be improved just for those who aren't into spending all their money on gaming. I'm just saying that I am not one of those people. More power to ya if you have a passion for it as a hobby.

The problem is that DCS engine is made internally and thus it's not too well optimized in terms of fps, but that's the only way for a niche sim to survive, building game engine in da house :)

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

Any feedback on VR performance of this map and game release please? There was a notable drop in image quality and FPS with DS on before.

Intel Core i3 8350K 4GHz, MSI RTX 2080 Super, AS Rock Z370 Pro4 Motherboard, Samsung SSD, 32G DDR4 RAM, Windows 10 PRO 64 Bit

Rift-S, Tripple Samsung 27" C27F Display, Hotas Warthog, Saitek Pro Flight rudder pedals, EDtracker, Track IR.

Any feedback on VR performance of this map and game release please? There was a notable drop in image quality and FPS with DS on before.

Just did a 30 minute flight in the Spit it VR.

I had left all my settings as I had them for Normandy. I am finding performance to be about the same , maybe just a tick better over Normandy but not a lot.

I fly with ASW off, and pretty much was at 45 fps all the time. Only time I could get above 45 fps was if I looked up at nothing but sky, then it would get in like the 70-80 fps range. Even over nothing but sea ( with a few ships) it would only run 45 fps.

The map is gorgeous. Sea is gorgeous. I personally think the lighting is very nice however that can be very subjective I am sure. Ships look great.

It is a beautiful map for sure.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Just did a 30 minute flight in the Spit it VR.

I had left all my settings as I had them for Normandy. I am finding performance to be about the same , maybe just a tick better over Normandy but not a lot.

I fly with ASW off, and pretty much was at 45 fps all the time. Only time I could get above 45 fps was if I looked up at nothing but sky, then it would get in like the 70-80 fps range. Even over nothing but sea ( with a few ships) it would only run 45 fps.

The map is gorgeous. Sea is gorgeous. I personally think the lighting is very nice however that can be very subjective I am sure. Ships look great.

It is a beautiful map for sure.

Nice Don. Thanks. About lighting you can do about the gamma slider in settings. :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

We flew the dubai side of the strait tonight in an intro/exploratory flight. I'm speaking for a few of us in VR, and we all had excellent performance FPS wise and overall smoothness. Solid 45's in dubai intl. airport.

The best performance yet on any map for me, and also based on characterizations from the rest of the flights.

Even in the "strip" in dubai, which easily rivals the hotels in vegas in height and complexity.

---

The refineries, airbases, airports, cities, unique building/structures.... There's so much eye candy here.

Thank you to everyone who worked on this. It's absolutely fantastic, and you have surpassed my expectations. There's no doubt we will be flying this map quite a bit.

Really a top rate offering from Eagle Dynamics.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/

With a gtx1080 and 1440p@60hz resolution, with MSAA 2X, everything maxed out except visibility on ultra and traffic off, i have rock solid 60fps almost everywhere.

Low flying in Dubai i have few drops to 45/50 fps.

I5-7600K@4,8Ghz - G Skill TridentZ 16Gb 3200 CL14 - Aorus GTX 1080TI - Samsung 950 PRO 512GB NVMe M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4 - Lenovo 24'' 1440p - Hotas Warthog - TrackIR 5

DCS 2.5 OB - M2000C - Mig21Bis - A10C - FC3 - AJS37 Viggen - F5E - AV8B N/A - F/A18 C - L 39 Albatros - Bf109 - Spitfire - P51D - Black Shark 2 - Nevada - Persian Gulf - Normandy

As a Nvidia GTX1060 card owner, I would be keen to hear from others how well the map runs for them on this type of mid-range graphics hardware.
With almost 50 players on 104th the fps is acceptable for me. At Bandar Abbas around 40 to 45 and once airborne above the sea at 60 to 70. Above Dubai flying low I got around 30. Playing at 1440res and with crazy graph setting.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

I5 4670K+ gtx 1070 , VR with Vive. SuperSampling at 1.5 and deffered shading on. average 40FPS (totally fine :))

1h20 flight of 2 L39 (multiplayer) from south UAE to north of the map without any major FPS. It's on par or better than Nevada. Dubai is much smoother than las vegas.

And the level of detail of this map is incredible ! This will be terrific for rotary wings and Combined Arms player.

Best map ever ! (both for the quality and all the scenarii coming to mind)

By the way does anyone know which setting affect the render of the building textures ?

Is it View Range ?

unknown.png?width=1097&height=618

This is with Textures on High(also tried with terrain textures on High)

Talking about the LOD for the buildings

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

I would like to take this topic to ask you guys about what was going to help me in my case.

My current setup is a i7 4790k@4.4ghz + 16RAM DDR3 + 1070FE and a SSD dedicated just for DCS World.

Running the PG map above Dubai, I olny got 30 FPS, something terrible as I usually play with solid 60FPS above Las Vegas.

In my case, what is the rigth choice right now, a 1080 or a 1080TI or a new CPU? I don't seek for VR or 4k, just stable 60FPS.

Intel 8700K@4.7ghz(all cores) / 32Gb DDR4 /WD Black SN750 Heatsink 500gb (DCS Only) / MSI GeForce RTX 2070 GAMING Z 8G / Windows 10 PRO / VPC WarBRD Base + Warthog Stick + Foxx Mount / Thrustmaster TPR pedals / Thustmaster MFD / Thrustmaster Warthog throttle + Monstertech chair mount

I would like to take this topic to ask you guys about what was going to help me in my case.

My current setup is a i7 4790k@4.4ghz + 16RAM DDR3 + 1070FE and a SSD dedicated just for DCS World.

Running the PG map above Dubai, I olny got 30 FPS, something terrible as I usually play with solid 60FPS above Las Vegas.

In my case, what is the rigth choice right now, a 1080 or a 1080TI or a new CPU? I don't seek for VR or 4k, just stable 60FPS.

You have to be doing something wrong with your settings. I can get 30 fps with my GTX560Ti.

Maybe delete the shaders and let em rebuild.

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Guest Guest
As a Nvidia GTX1060 card owner, I would be keen to hear from others how well the map runs for them on this type of mid-range graphics hardware.

In my desktop I have a GTX 1060 3gb, i7 4790, 16gb RAM, 500GB 860 Evo SSD, 1tb WD black storage, Windows 10, on a 27in LCD TV at 1920x1200.

I run on medium-ish settings, but I do have MSAA set at 2x.

It depends where I'm at. In Dubai on the ground I get about 40-45FPS. Over Dubai I get 45-50 FPS depending on if I'm looking back at the ground behind me or looking straight ahead. Over the water and in no-man's land in Iran I get 50-60FPS with 60 being the max because I have V-sync on.

I also have a laptop with GTX 970m, i7 3.2 ghz, 500gb ssd, 16GB RAM, windows 10, using the native 17in laptop monitor at 1920x1080

I also have my DCS settings on medium-ish settings, but also have MSAA set at 2x on my laptop.

On my laptop on the PG map I get between 35 and 50FPS depending one where I'm at on the map and where I look. The low being on the ground starting up and the high being over water or in no-man's land in the desert.

On my desktop in single player I get:

47-60FPS over Las Vegas at 2500ft depending on where I'm looking and how much of the city is included in that view.

50-60FPS over Krasnodar Center at 2500ft depending on where I'm looking

47-60FPS over Dubai at 700ft depending on where I'm looking and how much of the city is ahead of that view.

I get a little bit worse FPS in multiplayer over Dubai.

I also get crappier FPS if there's smoke and fire on the map.

Edited by Heavy-D69420

With a gtx1080 and 1440p@60hz resolution, with MSAA 2X, everything maxed out except visibility on ultra and traffic off, i have rock solid 60fps almost everywhere.

Low flying in Dubai i have few drops to 45/50 fps.

What CPU and how much RAM do you have?

Skickat från min D5503 via Tapatalk

I've only flown helicopters on the map in VR, frame rate 45FPS however without changing graphics settings the PG map is more resource hungry than the Normandy map yes we have a new winner here. :P Getting more drop frames (stutters) then in any of the other maps.

I suspect if I drop MSAA down to 2 it will reduce the drop frames (stutters) so there no longer an issue but then I do like MSAA at 4. There is also issues with preload, tufts of grass literally appear at about 30 meters range and so forth. However the buildings and water look pretty good, maybe the water is a little over done at about 50 meters distance but up close the turbulence in the water is fairly convincing.

There seems to be less distortions and patterning on things like grid arrays like windows on hi-rise buildings this seems somewhat better then even on the NTTR map.

Don't get me wrong it's a great map and I would expect some optimisations to improve performance in the near future.

I even managed to hit VNE doing a dive from the top of the spire type building (Burj Khalifain) in the Gazelle, and yes it does try to roll, nice. :D

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

With my setup I'm getting maybe 5% lower FPS in the busiest areas of the Persian Gulf as opposed to the busiest areas of the Caucasus. Considering that there's probably plenty more to do in terms of optimisation with the Persian Gulf map, I think this is pretty impressive and compares favourably with the NTTR map over Vegas. ED did an excellent job.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

You have to be doing something wrong with your settings. I can get 30 fps with my GTX560Ti.

Maybe delete the shaders and let em rebuild.

Shadow KT, you nail it man, thanks! A big update with many new features like the last one must have messed up with my settings. I did some tricks here with my vídeo settings too and now I have 60 FPS almost in every place of the new map. In time, I will let my settings that I using with my current setup. Unfortunately my setup dosen't hold the new SSAA, it makes the textures look amazing but with this feature ON, I only have 30 FPS. Let's hope for some optimzations.

My current settings.

https://www.imagemhost.com.br/image/wxhJ

Thanks man!

Edited by GriffonBR

Intel 8700K@4.7ghz(all cores) / 32Gb DDR4 /WD Black SN750 Heatsink 500gb (DCS Only) / MSI GeForce RTX 2070 GAMING Z 8G / Windows 10 PRO / VPC WarBRD Base + Warthog Stick + Foxx Mount / Thrustmaster TPR pedals / Thustmaster MFD / Thrustmaster Warthog throttle + Monstertech chair mount