F86 mission 8, flown in 2.5.1

Rolds

Possibly a bugged trigger, the 3 F16's which are supposed to join you don't, but much later I got a seemingly random radio message from them telling me to lead the way to Sukhumi.

I tried flying 6,500' at 300 knots to get them to form up with me around a point south of Gudata, and then tried a number of other air speeds and altitudes but couldn't get the trigger to fire.

I could still beat the mission just without the part where the F16's follow you to Sukhumi.

Edited by Rolds

• 3 weeks later...
Hope this is the right mission, #8. After downing the tanker, how do you escape the MiG-21? That thing is fast!!

I think the mission might be bugged in the current beta. I was stuck on this mission for quite a while, beginning in 1.5.8 all the way up to 2.5.0. I never felt like I couldn't make it, as there was always something I did wrong or could do better, which kept me motivated (the mission itself is great fun!). I managed to successfully finish this mission in the current 2.5.1 beta as the F-16s behaved totally different suddenly. They did not follow me to Sukhumi in the beginning, instead they just flew off god knows where. Later in the mission when I was chasing the tanker up high, just when I shot it down and the MiG-21 appeared, suddenly the F-16s returned and killed the MiG-21 for me. I don't think this is supposed to happen? :D

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

That sounds about right Mango,haha. But yeah ... those guys should be good and parked at Sukhumi well before then. Regardless though, this engagement can be a bit tricky, and A.I. personalities will change with version updates. I would recommend getting down to the deck and flying treetop level on the way back.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Museum Relic Campaign: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=164322

Community Missions (SP & MP) --> https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205546