English Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 2 Now Available

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this a completely new expansion

Silly question- I have Lock On 1.12b. Am I right in assuming Lock On 2 has to be bought as a separate game, then unistalling the older version? Soory have not played for awhile and not aware of the current situation. When I first saw this I thought it was a patch but does not look like it. Is there any loss of Fps? Buy from Amazon.co.uk?

Oh I see it installs over 1.12b or is it 1.11?

Edited by tonyuk

Silly question- I have Lock On 1.12b. Am I right in assuming Lock On 2 has to be bought as a separate game, then unistalling the older version? Sorry have not played for awhile and not aware of the current situation. When I first saw this I thought it was a patch but does not look like it. Is there any loss of Fps? Buy from Amazon.co.uk?

Oh I see it installs over 1.12b or is it 1.11?

Ok, now I have downloaded Setup.exe, Setup-1.bin and Setup-2.bin and it says it cannot find 1.1. What now? It is installed in the default Ubisoft folder. I have Lock On Gold version - does that make any difference?

Solved it I think by uninstalling lock On and reinstalling, and the Lock on 2 downloaded files are installing.

Only question remaining is can I then uninstall Original Lock On? And I thought I would have to pay for this!! Or do I? It is asking for a serial number which I do not have. Do I have to buy it?

Edited by tonyuk

Ok, now I have downloaded Setup.exe, Setup-1.bin and Setup-2.bin and it says it cannot find 1.1. What now? It is installed in the default Ubisoft folder. I have Lock On Gold version - does that make any difference?

Solved it I think by uninstalling lock On and reinstalling, and the Lock on 2 downloaded files are installing.

Only question remaining is can I then uninstall Original Lock On? And I thought I would have to pay for this!! Or do I? It is asking for a serial number which I do not have. Do I have to buy it?

yes you wont need 1.12 fc1 anymore unless you like to fly the other side of map. and missions.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

And I thought I would have to pay for this!! Or do I? It is asking for a serial number which I do not have. Do I have to buy it?

Yes, you need to buy it. It's the first item on this page:

http://lockon.co.uk/index.php?end_pos=1322&scr=shop

You can also buy it from some other places if you have an issue with their store; but that's probably the best way if you're interested in giving the developers the largest possible cut.

Ok, thanks chaps - I brought the game, but I wish I could really get into these high tech sims. I do the training to a point, brought the manuals, and Black Shark too- but hardly ever play them except for IL2. LOL. I cannot get past the take off stage, get lost or shot down quickly.

yes same here; but don't worry to much, soon you will be flying as much as you do IL2. :thumbup:

Ok, thanks chaps - I brought the game, but I wish I could really get into these high tech sims. I do the training to a point, brought the manuals, and Black Shark too- but hardly ever play them except for IL2. LOL. I cannot get past the take off stage, get lost or shot down quickly.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Gone back to the training missions in Lomac 1.12, a lot clearer in sound and texture. One of the things that confused me most is the HSI, and whether to complete a turning angle of 30-45 degrees one way or the other, or not at all,-always get lost and give up. Landing is hard but I can cope with that.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...

Why is this still sticky? Not just this... These forums have so many threads marked as "sticky" that it's becoming to be a bother in the act of browsing the forums. Please do something about it. Don't ask me why am I resurrecting a thread stopped in 2010 - ask yourselves why is it sticky for 5 years, while nobody reads it, and the subject had been long-time obsolete. Thank you.

Don't ask, here's the answer: 95% of my posts are edited because I have OCD.