Version 1.58: Huey is very delicate, SOS PLEASE !!!

predator036

Please I need help my friends....

Since I have updated to the 1.58 version of the Caucasus, when I fly with the huey very often it has an engine failure and I fall to the ground like a stone....:mad::mad::mad:

I usually carry the huey very loaded of weight, artillery, armament, fuel tank to the maximum.

when I'm flying I notice that the huey is struggling to move forward, even if the torque rises, it seems to cost, after 5 or 10 minutes of flying, I lose total control over the huey, the RPM lights and the two center console lights come on of "ENGINE OIL PRESS" and "DC GENERATOR".

When I put the external view, while my huey falls to the ground, a great flare of fire comes out of the turbine......:(:(:(

I tried to remove the rear gunners and leave the fuel tank at 50%, with this I get that the huey have a much smaller weight, but I still do the same.

At about 10 minutes of being flying, making a straight and level flight, the damn engine failure occurs and I fall to the ground.......:cry::cry::cry:

I have looked at the random poblems of the configuration menu and I have them disabled.

Please some idea what may be happening and how I can avoid it....:helpsmilie::helpsmilie::helpsmilie:

The sensations of flying huey in version 1.57 were much better than in this version 1.58, now the huey looks like butter, I want a helicopter to be able to fly not to have it on display in a museum.

Thanks for helping me my friends.......:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Greetings for all.

• ED Team

Hi

what you are experiencing is reaching EGT limits

please take a read of this thread, BST are still tweaking it so look out for future updates

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=196588

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thank you for your quick response my friend.

I am a new pilot that I am starting, I started to feel comfortable flying with version 1.57 and now this is a very important problem for beginners.

It makes learning much more complicated, how can I solucinate it without activating the arcade mode?

I want to pilot in simulation mode but with the operation of version 1.57.

I have a hard drive in an old computer that still has version 1.57 without updating, what files can I copy from version 1.57 and overwrite in version 1.58 to eliminate this huey behavior called "EGT LIMIT" ????

Thank you very much for help the beginners.

Greetings.

Friend here are my letter, please respect my frustration, thank you.....

TITLE: Please help a beginner. I feel like crying, I'm very sad and frustrated.

Hello friends,

Please I need help inmediately.

I'm a beginner, I've been riding the huey h1 in version 1.57 for a short time.

Everything was fine, I was happy, I enjoyed flying a lot and it seemed like an incredible experience.

I'm doing a course, I'm starting to take off and stationary flights in current classes.

Everything was fine and I was happy until a few days ago I was updated to version 1.58, since then everything is hell, I constantly break the huey, not hard in the air or five minutes.

I can not do stationary flights or advance in the classes of my course.

This is due to the new option that they have activated in update 1.58 called "EGT LIMIT ENGINE".

I am very sad and I feel very bad, I feel like crying, everything that I have advanced as a pilot, now does not help me at all.

I have an old computer in the closet that has version 1.56 installed, which files I have to copy and do not write in version 1.58 so that I can continue to advance in my course of helicopters and that the huey behavior be the same as before.

At the moment I do not want the "EGT LIMIT ENGINE" in huey, I want to learn more knowledge, advance as a pilot and when I dominate the flight, activate later this option of realism, in this moment of my learning it does not let me advance in my classes.

This option at this time of my learning, only brings me sadness and frustration, I am very close to abandon the dcs and not use it again.

I'm very sad about it.

Please what files do I have to modify or overwrite from version 1.56 on 1.58 ????

Thanks for helping this beginner.

Greetings.

You drove a few times around the block with your new motorcycle ...with training wheels attached.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSaCrH38MMmhAi27FU0NrBaoNQOEprANMQF_RCfghfuR9Lz36m2

And now they are dismounted... and you want to learn to properly ride a bike and thus want them to re-attach the training wheels? I doubt that this would really benefit you ...

take it easy

reduce fuel

dont try to cruise very high speeds

don't fly around high altitude mountain areas,

be patient and make more practise

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Hello friends,

Everything was fine, I was happy, I enjoyed flying a lot and it seemed like an incredible experience.

I'm doing a course, I'm starting to take off and stationary flights in current classes.

Everything was fine and I was happy until a few days ago I was updated to version 1.58, since then everything is hell, I constantly break the huey, not hard in the air or five minutes.

This is due to the new option that they have activated in update 1.58 called "EGT LIMIT ENGINE".

I am very sad and I feel very bad, I feel like crying, everything that I have advanced as a pilot, now does not help me at all.

I have an old computer in the closet that has version 1.56 installed, which files I have to copy and do not write in version 1.58 so that I can continue to advance in my course of helicopters and that the huey behavior be the same as before.

At the moment I do not want the "EGT LIMIT ENGINE" in huey, I want to learn more knowledge, advance as a pilot and when I dominate the flight, activate later this option of realism, in this moment of my learning it does not let me advance in my classes.

This option at this time of my learning, only brings me sadness and frustration, I am very close to abandon the dcs and not use it again.

I'm very sad about it.

Please what files do I have to modify or overwrite from version 1.56 on 1.58 ????

Greetings.

I perfectly understand your frustration. You got a bit set back on your learning curve and it feels like it's broken. But the thing is that rolling back to a version that, due to the simulation being less precise, just doesn't punish that specific mistake, you don't really do yourself a favour in advancing your knowledge and skill in flying the helicopter. On the contrary, you just reinforce that very behaviour.

Also, consider that if you do modify the files you do get into some trouble if you fly multiplayer at all.

ATM EGT in 1.5.8 is about 6000 ft out (i.e. 100°C out when EGT = 625°C @ 0 ft)

However the UH-1H is still quite flyable if you keep the weight down (~80%) by reducing fuel to 50% and limiting your loadout i.e. 81% = 7699 lb = 2*M134 Miniguns + 50% Fuel.

If you are trying to fly to the charts in the flight manual TM 55-1520-210-10, such as Max Torque Available, you should get flyable results if you read the curves 6000 ft to the left i.e. 6000ft curve when at 0ft in DCS.

attachment.php?attachmentid=176138&d=1515893895

Note: the de-icer in DCS 1.5.8 increases EGT excessively at higher EGT's, so should be left off if you want realistic power available.

It would be safer to revert your whole install using the command line from within the DCS folder (does not apply to Steam).

dcs_updater.exe update 1.5.6.5199@release

AFAIK the DCS version prior to the introduction of EGT damage was 1.5.7.11762, so perhaps that would be better ?

dcs_updater.exe update 1.5.7.11762@release

Detailed documentation here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

There is also a DCS Updater GUI Utility if you are uncomfortable using the command line but personally, I would just stick to lower loadouts/clean configurations until BST improve the EGT model or add an option to disable EGT damage.

Edited by Ramsay
Add 1.5.7 version info

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Keep an eye on your torque usage. Don't exceed that for any period of time and you'll be fine. Once you get used to it, comes very naturally to keep a close eye on it when shifting heavy loads or changing what you're doing with your flying (e.g. transition to landing).

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Hello friends,

I'm very sad about it.

Greetings.

If you practice with EGT limits off you will be training to have bad habits that will be very hard to break when you progress.

You can post a track (after the flight there is a save track button, which will save it to C:\Users\[your user name]\Saved Games\DCS\Tracks) post that here so we can help you and make sure that it is not a bug.

"Long life It is a waste not to notice that it is not noticed that it is milk in the title." Amazon.co.jp review for milk translated from Japanese

"Amidst the blue skies, A link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector..." - ACE COMBAT 4

"Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight"-Psalm 144:1 KJV

i5-4430 at 3.00GHz, 8GB RAM, GTX 1060 FE, Windows 7 x64

Friends, thank you very much to all of you for your interest and for offering me your help.

Thanks from my heart.

One question, the installation that I have on my computer is totally clean, from scratch.

install dcs on the new hard disk and the installer installed directly the 158.

I mean, that in this computer I did not update from an older version to the new nas, the 158, was a direct installation to the 158.

even so, can I revert to version 157 through the command line method ????

how do you do it, downloading version 157 through the internet and replacing version 158 ?????

I ask this question, because when using the word "revert", I think that this is only valid when it has been updated in the pc previously from version 157 to 158.

this is my wrong idea ????

can you revert from 158 to 157, even if version 157 has never been installed on my computer ?????

Greetings.

The DCS Update program detects the differences between your current installation and the desired installation by comparing the files. If there are differences, then the programm downloads the files and swaps them out in your DCS folder.

By default, the "desired installation" is the one with the latest version number. But you can manually tell the update program that you want a different, older version. But the process is technically the same.

If you are flying own missions you could try to lower the OAT( temperature) so the EGT can stay inside the limits. I havent tried it but if you set OAT to -30 C or so this hopefully give you a margin to be able to carry load. This to make you able to fly as before, maybe your load and flying style isnt even close to real world but you at least can continue.

I think there is a lot of DCS pilots that lacks of understanding how a helicopter should be operated and this will continue to produce threads like this even when the performance is trimmed to really work as IRL. One part needed to the manual is ”basic helicopter performance understanding” and ”Do and dont’s”. Written in a easy understandable way, BST and we only need to refer or link to this part of the BST manual instead of trying to explain it over and over again.

I only briefly flew the DCS UH-1 to MTOW, but Ive tested a bit due to the threads around.

Without specially trying to break the engine, it newer happend for me( kept the EGT within limits). If you keep EGT within limits, the engine stays with you the whole flight.

I tried overtemp the engine and I actually flew big traffic patterns with the collective stick under the armpit until the engine broke.. Very bad abuse and the engine didnt break until after the complete circuit( 2 minutes?) I think IRL it had been a fat chance not being able to complete the circuit. Of course newer tried it IRL but it is a such big no-no that its actually a good thing that DCS/BST takes the engine away from such unresponsible pilots.

Tested autorotation by shutting the engine and after that knowing the autorotation works fine, I by purpose used to much power( high EGT)and the engine broke down. I was able to autorotate every time, even from low level. I found that the cyclic stick was much less responsive when entering an auto than IRL. This makes it harder but still possible. In some special situations you cant survive in DCS when you should live through it IRL.

For mast bumping, it newer happend to me until I read complaints in threads and tried to develop it.

My findings was that it feels like it happens only when you are doing the big no-no’s.

IRL its easy to feel when you are producing low G, and stay safe. In the sim low G cant be felt so you need to know how your stick management affects G. Still, if you fly like a real helo pilot was learned to fly a teetering rotor helo, it just wont happen.

To others, a syntetic ”G-meter”, perhaps close to the red stick position graf could help learning to stay alive.

I think there is some EGT tuning needed för BST but otherwise I understand that DCS should be as much ”simulator” as possible and with this close to IRL. If this is the philosophy DCS pilots will fall in to the traps of how to fly a real helicopter until they learned how to do it.

Edited by Gunnars Driver

[T.M HOTAS Warthog Stick & Throttle + T.Flight pedals, Varjo Aero, HP Reverb pro, Pimax 8KX] 🙂

[DCS Mirage 2K; Huey; Spitfire Mk IX, AJS 37, F-14, F-18, FC3, A-10 Warthog II and a few more ]

i9 13900KF@5.8/32Gb DDR5@6400/ Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX4090, ASUS STRIX Z790-F , 2Tb m2 NVMe

EGT limit might be a good idea, but only if implemented correctly. I tried to return to Huey today, so did small familiarization flight (Nevada -> Instant Actions -> Free flight). I knew about EGT, so tried to do it very easy, keeping an eye on the temp. After 6 landings, my Huey engine just died on me in level flight at 80 knots with EGT temp well within limits. Watching replay, I noticed that I did indeed exceeded EGT temp limit several times during landing maneuvers, very briefly, for 2-3 seconds each time. Seems, it was enough to kill the engine completely. Looks very wrong to me.

Hello again,

I got this strange main rotor RPM loss again, but this time i wasn't exceeding EGT temperature at all, so it might be different issue. Because I have no idea why it happened, I need help, maybe someone can explain to me, what I'm doing wrong. Trying to attach a track when it happened (it is a short one). Nevada, Free flight in Huey from Instant Action mission.

Huey_RPM_loss1.trk

Hello again,

I got this strange main rotor RPM loss again, but this time i wasn't exceeding EGT temperature at all, so it might be different issue. Because I have no idea why it happened, I need help, maybe someone can explain to me, what I'm doing wrong. Trying to attach a track when it happened (it is a short one). Nevada, Free flight in Huey from Instant Action mission.

I would look but i don't have NTTR. What was your weight?

"Long life It is a waste not to notice that it is not noticed that it is milk in the title." Amazon.co.jp review for milk translated from Japanese

"Amidst the blue skies, A link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector..." - ACE COMBAT 4

"Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight"-Psalm 144:1 KJV

Hello again,

No time to look at your track but, have you a hardware conflict. I use the grey slider on my Warthog throttle but have to use page up/down to start. Sometimes I forget to move slider and have a loss of rpm as my throttle decides to roll back:)

• Like 1

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No time to look at your track but, have you a hardware conflict. I use the grey slider on my Warthog throttle but have to use page up/down to start. Sometimes I forget to move slider and have a loss of rpm as my throttle decides to roll back:)

Interesting theory. It could be, because it was awhile since I had configured Huey, and do not really remember what I used for throttle. I will check for possible conflicts, thanks for now.

Edited by Lehmen

I didn't check, but there is nothing on the helicopter, only fuel, therefore weight shouldn't be a problem.

Unless it was hot...

Unless it was hot...

But it wasn't. Thinking that it was, I learned how to keep engine cool very well, so it is a good thing :D

Watched the track again, and as Cibit predicted, I had my throttle jumped back just before I lost RPM. So, thank you guys, it is control mapping issue, easy to fix :thumbup:

• Like 1

But it wasn't. Thinking that it was, I learned how to keep engine cool very well, so it is a good thing :D

Watched the track again, and as Cibit predicted, I had my throttle jumped back just before I lost RPM. So, thank you guys, it is control mapping issue, easy to fix :thumbup:

Oh, good!