A couple of questions - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-05-2018, 01:22 PM   #21
jfri

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcomm View Post
Simply not comparable... No way ...

Starting with such simple aspects of the core simulation in MSFS ( also used by A2A ) such as torque effects only being "effective" up to Vs0, etc..., and continuing with asymmetry of lift / drag / thrust, propwash effects taking into consideration not only design aspects of the aircraft itself but also external factors like the wind ( very important while still in contcat with ground, taxiing, taking off or landing... ), fuselage and other cell elements interference, etc...

It's another World...
What do you think about XPlane it uses another technic blade theory ?
jfri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 02:06 PM   #22
jcomm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfri View Post
What do you think about XPlane it uses another technic blade theory ?
That's true, but honestly I am yet to find a good representation of ww2 aircraft in XP.

It has the potential, specially with the latest propwash updates, but I am yet to find it shine...

TBH, for some reason, after years using MSFS and XP, I ended up in DCS :-)
jcomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 03:04 PM   #23
Art-J
Veteran

In the end, the underlying physics code is one thing, making the most out of it is the other.

Just like there are shoddy examples of supposedly PFM-level 3rd party aircraft in DCS, there will probably some excellent things being relased for XP once the platform matures more and gets better following from 3rd party studios.
Old 01-06-2018, 07:37 AM   #24
jcomm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art-J View Post
In the end, the underlying physics code is one thing, making the most out of it is the other.

Just like there are shoddy examples of supposedly PFM-level 3rd party aircraft in DCS, there will probably some excellent things being relased for XP once the platform matures more and gets better following from 3rd party studios.
Very true... Actually, I've long been trying to discover how to capture that feel of flying a ww2 module in DCS into X-Plane 10 and now sometimes 11 too...

One of these days I bought the recently released F4-U, updated to XP11.10+ which includes the new propwash calculations. These remind me a lot of a thread I once initiated about the P51d, and where Yo-Yo actively participated giving very interesting information about the details of propwas modelling in DCS World - It was one of the occasions I took to learn how detail / completeness are objectives in the development made by ED, within the limitations imposed by running on a game PC....
jcomm is offline   Reply With Quote