Unstable

Joni

Hi, since the update that implemented the EGT limits I find the Huey to be much more unstable than before. Does someone feel this as well or is it just me?

DCS UH-1H

Engine EGT limits were implemented

Fine tuning of the engine and hover modelling was done, discrepancy with real chart now not exceeding 2.7%.

Cargo indicator logic was remade for cargo unhook aid mode.

Bug when you drop/unhook sling load cargo but cargo weight is still affecting airframe was fixed

Sling load cargo drop cockpit controls were implemented

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

In hover, its like she doesnt wanna stay there.

It is a helicopter, it’s in her nature to give you a bad time :). She just requires constant tiny control corrections.

Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)  | AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 4,5Ghz | 128Gb DDR4 3200Mhz | beQuiet! Dark Power 12 1200W | 2 x 2Tb M.2 Samsung SSD | 2 x 4 Tb M.2 Samsung SSD |  Aorus RTX3090 Xtreme 24Gb | Windows 10 Pro x64 | HOTAS Cougar (heavily modified) | MFG Crosswind pedals | CH Throttle Quadrant | TrackIR5 | Oculus Quest 2 | VoiceAttack

Aviate Navigate Communicate

In hover, its like she doesnt wanna stay there.

Now that I think about it, someone here mentioned that all NTTR aircraft actually feel a tiny bit more lively after the latest patch. This may well be true, but IMO, the difference really is minuscule if it's there at all. So I'm willing to believe no FMs were changed unless stated otherwise.

This may be a daft question, but have you checked your controllers are OK?

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

• ED Team

attach a short track showing the issues.

I don't have a problem myself.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

No not with the Huey. The mi8 on the other hand seems way more squirrely to me than it used to after having taken a 2 or 3 month break from it.

ROTORCRAFT RULE

GB Aorus Ultra Z390| 8700K @ 4.9GHz | 32 GB DDR4 3000 | MSI GTX 1080ti | Corsair 1000HX | Silverstone FT02-WRI | Nvidia 3D Vision Surround | Windows 10 Professional X64

Volair Sim Cockpit, Rift S, Saitek X-55 HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Microsoft FF2, OE-XAM Bell 206 Collective, C-Tek anti-torque pedals

UH-1, SA342, Mi-8, KA50, AV8B, P-51D, A-10C, L39, F86, Yak, NS-430, Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf

seems way more squirrely to me than it used to

Not seeing this. Maybe, just maybe, it is a tiny tad more lively in how it responds to controller inputs, but that's all.

Running v2.2 myself, no idea how it behaves in v1.5.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Before last update it was possible to hover without touching collective control and staying at a fixed altitude. Maybe it was fine to compensate for the lack of depth of field and altitude perception but it was unreal.

Now it is more demanding (but not that much) to stay at a exact hovering altitude and collective movements must be very precise. Eventhough it doesn't match perfectly the real aircraft, where almost any control movement must be compensated adjusting any other control, it gets closer to it. Much more interesting but a little bit steeper learning curve.

Just don't chase the reading.

Before last update it was possible to hover without touching collective control and staying at a fixed altitude. Maybe it was fine to compensate for the lack of depth of field and altitude perception but it was unreal.

Now it is more demanding (but not that much) to stay at a exact hovering altitude and collective movements must be very precise. Eventhough it doesn't match perfectly the real aircraft, where almost any control movement must be compensated adjusting any other control, it gets closer to it. Much more interesting but a little bit steeper learning curve.

I dont agree with this at all. Not only I can hover at the exact same altitude with no collective input, but also every power change requires a control change as well.

I think that what msalama said is whats happening to me. Controls are more responsive now.

Caucasus.

Guys, what im saying is that immediately after the patch I started having harder times in hover.

Have you checked to make sure that random assignments of collective/cyclic was not done? Every patch for me adds these axis commands to every USB controller I have.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Have you checked to make sure that random assignments of collective/cyclic was not done? Every patch for me adds these axis commands to every USB controller I have.

I could check. Thanks

attach a short track showing the issues.

I don't have a problem myself.

Caucasus.

Guys, what im saying is that immediately after the patch I started having harder times in hover.

I must admit that since the updates, I find hovering and taxi in the Huey to be much more controlled and easier. I can even land now (most of the time) without breaking something or killing myself. Maybe it's just coincidence, but I've been trying to hover and land the Huey for more than 6 months without as much success as in the past few weeks since the updates.

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1

you have clicked in the huey.

congratulations.

its the same as learning to ride a bike.

once it clicks you wonder what all the fuss was about.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

you have clicked in the huey.

congratulations.

its the same as learning to ride a bike.

once it clicks you wonder what all the fuss was about.

huh?

McFlurry is a real military UH-1H pilot.

He was doing literally hundreds tests with the DCS Huey and he is very cautious making statements about the helicopter. I can asure you if he says the Huey now needs more collective-controls adjustment is because is true.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

McFlurry is a real military UH-1H pilot.

He was doing literally hundreds tests with the DCS Huey and he is very cautious making statements about the helicopter. I can asure you if he says the Huey now needs more collective-controls adjustment is because is true.

I have 300hs in the Huey as well. Argentine Air Force. I also flew the Mirage III.

You are welcome to trust me too :)

Anyway, maybe McFlurry is talking about 2.2.

Which is why VR is *THE PERFECT* thing for Huey. The types of missions, the lack of air to air missions etc, makes it so perfect for VR. It's simply glorious in VR. I can actually taxi and follow a bunch of Blackhawks as they took off (Nevada instant free flight mission) and I can routinely land the bird on the oil platforms and top of bldgs after getting the VR. OK, getting a real life version of collective certainly helped too. But VR is transformational technology for DCS.

Edited by hansangb
take to took

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1