I think we should pay for the new CAUCASUS????

Psicodreamics

If it got the treatment the Syria map has as far as updated villages/cities and push the detail a bit farther east (including Grozny please) this would hands down be the best map. I think at some point they are going to do something with it. They have to!😀

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Gunnar81 said:

If it got the treatment the Syria map has as far as updated villages/cities and push the detail a bit farther east (including Grozny please) this would hands down be the best map. I think at some point they are going to do something with it. They have to!😀

In theory this would be nice, but wouldn't this break every single player campaign that they sell for the map?

• Like 1

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

2 hours ago, unlikely_spider said:

In theory this would be nice, but wouldn't this break every single player campaign that they sell for the map?

No. Did Syria update break older missions?

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

18 hours ago, draconus said:

No. Did Syria update break older missions?

It did for some people -- 

• Like 1

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

6 hours ago, Gierasimov said:

It did for some people -- 

Well if they cut off instead of expanding that'll surely have consequences.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

On 3/23/2022 at 2:55 PM, Gunnar81 said:

I would love to see an update and expansion of this map. Either follow the Caucasus Mtn. chain out through Azerbaijan to the Caspian Sea or expand southward into Armenia and Turkey. Come to think of it, just about any direction would do.

Edit: Why would this hypothetical payware map break missions on the free map? It’d be like complaining that Syria missions are broken on the Nevada map.

Edited by Ironhand
  • Like 3

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

I would pay for an updated map, depending on what it is.

The map is much larger in game then in the mission editor. In F10 view centered on aircraft I could see lat longs clear into Poland to the west. Istanbul and Northern Turkey, The western part of the Caspian sea. Armenia as mentioned in a prior post. Moldova to the west and the missing 800lb gorilla based on current events.

Yea I know the reason, been here a long time, since the Loc On days. Still, this would be a pretty hot game right now if all that was there.

I know if a complete map appeared tomorrow, it would be a "Shut-up and take my money!" moment. Que the Futurama meme.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I don't know what the new map covers but I think we should have 2 forms of the caucuses map. A modern and a world War II map. I would pay for the wwii version if we got some assets. There needs to betwo free maps.

• 3 months later...