Where to start with multiplayer?

Aim9guy

I'm new to D.C.S world and I'm familiar flying a few of the modules and would like to get into a multiplayer server and begin flying with others possibly doing some training. Where is the best place to start?

I'm in central time zone in US.

Thanks,

Try most populated servers but remember to read the rules first! In most cases use chat, Team Speak, Simple Radio Standalone.

Good luck and welcome to our family :thumbup:

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gainward Phantom GS RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 170%

Usually you find that info in server description or inside server in the briefing (Lalt+B)

Or just ask in chat, there should be someone willing to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks RedBat.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

You might want to contact a squadron or two to see if you can fly with them as a member or else. The most important in this case is finding a squadron that use the sim the way you use it.

As in some have ranks, qualifications, strict rules, others are more like a group of friends with no particular rules and of course everything in between.

Edited by myHelljumper

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

So, I go to the multiplayer section and find the largest server? Is there a how-to on logging in, communicating etc?

Also, click at the top of the "ping" column and rank the servers by connection. The lower the ping, the better the performance, generally.

Win 10 | i7 4770 @ 3.5GHz | 32GB DDR3 | 6 GB GTX1060

Most important thing you can do before joining any kind of server - be sure you know how to IFF, be it by using radar or communicating. There is not a better way to make others angry than shooting down friendly units/aircrafts. See you online! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm new to D.C.S world and I'm familiar flying a few of the modules and would like to get into a multiplayer server and begin flying with others possibly doing some training. Where is the best place to start?

I'm in central time zone in US.

Thanks,

I highly recommend a non PvP server to start with a combat scenario/mission (ie not aerobatics server). I sort by number of online players then select based on mission. One I've been using recently is TAW 2.2 public server running their open training mission.

Definitely get on whatever voice comms the server is using and don't be shy about asking to wing up with someone. I'm finding the flight sim community can be a little more shy when it comes to comms (at least compared to arma) so if you want to play with someone you need to ask. Once you do people are generally great.

Lastly you can maximize your likelihood of finding play partners by using popular airframes. The a10c is by far the most common. The harrier is surging in popularity and there are almost always f5 pilots flying and maybe a mirage or viggen or two. F15s and SU27s are the staple for A2A but usually more in PvP air quake environments.

What are you interested in flying online?

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

Come and join the Ravens, we are a public group with over 330 members, We host two training servers and try to help new comers get to grips with the MP side of DCS.

We have two sides, Europe and the USA. all are a great bunch who are here to help. check out our website for more details

http://www.59thravens.co.uk

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

I highly recommend a non PvP server to start with a combat scenario/mission (ie not aerobatics server). I sort by number of online players then select based on mission. One I've been using recently is TAW 2.2 public server running their open training mission.

Definitely get on whatever voice comms the server is using and don't be shy about asking to wing up with someone. I'm finding the flight sim community can be a little more shy when it comes to comms (at least compared to arma) so if you want to play with someone you need to ask. Once you do people are generally great.

Lastly you can maximize your likelihood of finding play partners by using popular airframes. The a10c is by far the most common. The harrier is surging in popularity and there are almost always f5 pilots flying and maybe a mirage or viggen or two. F15s and SU27s are the staple for A2A but usually more in PvP air quake environments.

What are you interested in flying online?

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

I've focused on the Su-25 since it was the first I had access to. Now I am working through the Viggen and F-15C. Makes since about the popular airframes...thanks for the info.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk